• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🗿HD Modeling Contest #5 - Creep Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another WIP. I sculpted a hat in Blender, here's the result on the model :)

WIP3Shot.png

Had some stuff IRL so I couldn't really work on the contest for a moment.

Anyway, here's a WIP for 2 different creeps :

View attachment 438053

The Spidertank is to be interpreted as some sort of mount, just like the Bandit Lord
Very nice! Leper Gnomes do make great creeps indeed, lots of cool robots or rifle armed gnomes.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Had some stuff IRL so I couldn't really work on the contest for a moment.

Anyway, here's a WIP for 2 different creeps :

View attachment 438053

The Spidertank is to be interpreted as some sort of mount, just like the Bandit Lord
How creative! Reminds me a bit about erwtenpeller's Mortimer, the Wizard's Stove concept art. Thumbs up if anyone remember that one.

Here's another WIP for my arquebussier. Still need to add some dirt and dust but then the textures will be ready for export :)

WIP5Shot.png
WIP6Shot.png

Update:

Here is some further progress (now I'm ready to export the textures)! I added a dirt layer in the following pictures.

WIP9Shot.png
WIP7Shot.png

To tie the textures together and get rid of a bit of the saturation, I also added a gradient layer that adds shadows from the bottom and highlights from the top. This brought everything together nicely :peasant-cheers-back:

WIP10Shot.png
WIP8Shot.png

Last edited:
Level 34
The first three models of my cult are optically finished... for now.
I might decide to rework them completely... who knows? 😅
Just wanted to leave a second WIP picture there...
Cultmembers-WIP.PNG

Here we have a Disciple (which is also a small tribute to SD's original Warlock model)
flanked by two Fanatics.
(If you're wondering, where are the team colors?
The Fanatic's arm-tattoos are team-colored and Disciple's skull paintings are team-colored)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Here's another WIP for my arquebussier. Still need to add some dirt and dust but then the textures will be ready for export :)

View attachment 439468View attachment 439469

Update:

Here is some further progress (now I'm ready to export the textures)! I added a dirt layer in the following pictures.

View attachment 439558View attachment 439559

To tie the textures together and get rid of a bit of the saturation, I also added a gradient layer that adds shadows from the bottom and highlights from the top. This brought everything together nicely :peasant-cheers-back:

View attachment 439560View attachment 439561

View attachment 439676

Here we have a Disciple (which is also a small tribute to SD's original Warlock model)
flanked by two Fanatics.
The Fanatic's arm-tattoos are team-colored and Disciple's skull paintings are team-colored)

I have not uploaded my progress for a long time, here is the second concept for my tuskar. Necromancer
View attachment 439684View attachment 439685
Neat WIP gents!

Updated first post!

Level 6
View attachment 439676

flanked by two Fanatics.
Disciple looks like he skipped leg day.

I have three more WIPs for the arquebussier. I went back into the textures and cleaned them up a bit, used a different silk pattern that complements the colors better, and added the badge that I placed on the Captain's pauldron (both a clean version and a defaced version). I also have everything working in RMS, so I wanted to share a WIP for that as well.

WIP11Shot.png
WIP12Shot.png

WIPShot13.gif

Started work on the pikeman. First order of business: sculpt and texture a pike!

WIP3Pike_Substance.png

WIP3Pike_RMS.png

Next step will be getting the custom armor in order (need to sculpt/texture another helmet) and then kitbash the pikeman. I'll be using the militia unit as a base.

Last edited:
Level 12
I bet the participants are off vacationing somewhere abroad when they are supposed to be working on their projects. The audacity. They all lack discipline. Well, I guess one could grant their lazy asses those 2 extra weeks of extension. :D

So I've had some feedback that the Alterac theme that I've been using is not very useful outside of some specific applications, which is a good point. Therefore, I will also be releasing a generic version of the pack (since we have an extension I figure an extra texture set may be feasible, if not that's ok too). Here's the generic pikeman:

WIP4PikeWIP.gif
WIP5PikeInGame.gif

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Good Luck to you all, I've seen some amazing stuff here !!

Since life/work/D&D have had some priorities to hobby, I will not be entering, if ( a big if) I finish my jackal, I'll post it in the models!
Notice that the deadline was extended to August 23. I hope that gives you the time you need to finish your entry :D

Finished the portrait and icon for the Pikeman, the Captain, and the Arquebussier, now just need to finish the Captain and Arquebussier. Maybe (since we still have time) I'll add one more unit based on the villager woman. We'll see if I have time!

PikemanIconWIP.png

ShotIconWIP.png

IconWIP.png

@Archian I believe @Rukhmar has uploaded a submission but it has not been added to the list. Perhaps it was not tagged.

Attachments

• WIP5PikePortrait.gif
    37.9 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Updated first post!

@Barorque @Symphoneum @Tamplier @Raddazong @Mr Ogre man @Superfrycook @Mr. Paupiette @Taylor Mouse

Only a few days remaining. Let me know in the comments if you need more time.
Not sure about the others but I have three models ready to go. However, if you do extend it (note I am not requesting that but I would be ok with another extension) I have started kitbashing a fourth model! Below is an early WIP for my Surgeon, who will have a plague doctor outfit :D

SurgeonKitbashWIP.gif
RMSKitbashWIP3.png

Update:

Here's an early WIP animation kitbash for her spell and attack animations! She raises her lantern to cast a spell and waves her wand/cane to attack :peasant-ok-hand:

SurgeonSpell1WIP.gif
SurgeonAttack1WIP.gif

Last edited:
Level 11
Finished my work for the contest and uploaded the models in the HD ressources section.

I may finish the Surgeon before Wednesday's due date! Here's a WIP, just need to sculpt a hat, rig her cape, and do a portrait model :)

SurgeonTexturedWIP.gif

EDIT: I have run into a major error with my models. Everything works fine in RMS, most of the models even work fine in the WE, but the Captain is not texturing properly in game. See picture below. I am concerned I will not be able to submit in time due to this error. I will submit without him if I cannot figure out the error, this is very disappointing.

False alarm, there was a stray SD texture in the emissive slot. All is well!

1692818432346.png

Last edited:
The deadline has been extended by two weeks.
Thank you, even though the major bug was easily resolved, this will let me get the rest of the bugs done in a stress free manner. I sure hope this lets other people complete their entries, too!

Here is my completed entry:

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Alright guys, I need to know how many contestants plan to finish their entry, if an extension is granted. Note that only contestants who have shown WIP images before the deadline are eligible to enter after an extension.

I also need to hear the other contestants, who've already submitted their entry, if they agree.

By my count these contestants have yet to submit their final entry:

@Barorque
@Raddazong
@Mr Ogre man
@Taylor Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.