• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
My mistake. I though he was talking about the magical tomes(which are not bugged as far as I tested) not the power ups.

And better test before comment. Not all of them have magic attack. Only the units that fire with some kind of magical missile have such attack. Melee units(like golem or revenant) have different attack types. I tried to make it as realistic(for a game) as I could. And of course it would be imba if all had magic attack. Magic immune unit would be untouchable for them. And I don't think the bugs are fixable because it's not possible to make unit be able use items but unable to pick power ups. The only way is to remove the hero inventory from archmages but then they won't be able to use spells(items). Solution - don't pick up tomes.

Level 19
Alright, here it goes.

Tech-Tree information (map not yet completed):

NAME/DETAILS/STORYLINE:

Empire (Imperial) - The Empire started after a small civil war between two rebellious Human factions. After a good fifty years, one of the factions was completely annihilated. From Confederates and Imperials, only one remained, the stronger and most valiant faction now ruled. The Imperials had developed a new age of ruling technology that gave birth to Flying Machines and other advanced machinery.

BUILDINGS LIST

Encampment - Basic base building. Trains Servants and contains the Backpack research. Serves as a drop-off point for gold and lumber.
-Ruling Mansion - (Upgrade) - Advanced base building. Trains Servants and contains the Backpack research. Serves as a drop-off point for gold and lumber and unlocks new research and units.
-Steel Fortress - (Upgrade) - Advanced Base building. Trains Servants and contains the Backpack research. Serves as a drop-off point for gold and lumber and unlocks new research and units.
-Trains:
-Servants

Armory: - Primary troop production facility. Trains Scouts, Militia, and Gladiators.
-Trains:
-Scouts
-Militia
-Gladiators

Hovel - Provides food, which increases the maximum number of units that can be trained.

Slaver Workshop - Serves as a drop-off point for harvested lumber. Also contains the upgrades for Mechanical Engineering and Advanced Laboring.

Harpy Nest - Advanced troop production building. Trains Harpy Scouts, and Harpy Houdini. Also contains the Harpy Outseer and Overlander research.
-Trains:
-Harpy Scout
-Harpy Houdini

Ranger Turret - Basic defensive tower. Has long range and can be upgraded to see invisible units. Upgrades to Crossbow Turret and Siege Turret.
-Crossbow Turret - Heavy defensive tower. Has long range and can be upgraded to see invisible units.
-Siege Turret - Special defensive tower. Deals extra damage to buildings and mechanical units.

Mercenary Camp - Advanced troop production building. Can train Bandits, Brigadiers, and Berserkers.
-Trains:
-Bandits
-Brigadiers
-Berserkers

Level 7
Update on Waterminion WIP

Update#
Ok well here is a new version with many fixes like:

Gave the Reeflord a new spell which replaced Devour (not very orginal). The new spell is Guillotine.

Fixed alot of tooltips (like the items).

Removed the waterdens battle stance ability (old burrow ability) which was just dumb since the waterden can be upgraded to a defensive tower.

Changed Murloc Wimp sound (from peon to murloc.)

Took away the wood tower and added the building Eye Ward which is a basic scout tower it can be upgraded to Sacred Ward (has the Sacred Aura spell),
Reptile Spirit (offensive attack tower) and Magic Ward (antimagic ward) it has the abilites Spell Theft and Mana Tap.

Fixed the Tidecallers last spell Healing Water.

Gave Tamed Turtle splash attack.

Added the upgrade Godly Vision.

Increased The Monsoon spells damage.

Well thats about it :wink: hope ya all like it! Make sure to comment be it rice or roses!

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresZorgaWIP.w3x
    218.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 10
Updates

UPDATES FOR DEMON RACE:
- Totally fixed everything. Nothing missing left. Also the Nether Restoration got fixed and works perfectly now.

UPDATES FOR NAGA RACE:
-New 3 units are added. Praetors, fast attacking but very low damage where shows her effectiveness only at end, Tide Raisers are the improved variations of Mur'gul Slaves, can build archive of the tides. And WIP Marauder.
-New 2 buildings added. Archive of the Tides and Tidal Base.
-New hero added, Draconian Overseer. Has Draconian Skin, Slash, Draconian Breath and Essence of the Draconians abilities.
-Some important bug fixes.

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresNoNZealot.w3x
    257.2 KB · Views: 70
Level 19
That's not a very good Naga race, I'm sorry to say. It's just so... weird. You can't just expect people to like it when all you do is stuff tons of units in there. They don't look good, they're clunky, and they don't work. You still have a lot of bugs to fix.

p.s. Pepper spray.

Level 7
Common guys dont force me to take drastic measures to get u to comment my map :grin:.Nah im just kidding but hey i have got like one comment... my race did'nt suck that bad :eekani:.

Level 12
Well i didnt know that the deadline was not that fix so i didnt add any iformation to my race so here it comes:

PRIMEVAL PACK
A forest race, based on the Night Elf tech tree.
I do not have an English version, so plz don't be hard if you find a tool tip/hotkey mistake.
Buildings

-Entangled Mine

-Beech of Dormancy
Primary building, where Wisps are produced. Necessary to entangle mines. Can be upgraded to an Oak of Instincts and then to a Sequoia of Wilderness to afford better buildings and units.

-Overgrown Basin
Produces food, which allows to train more units. Also restores lif and hit points of allied units. Can be upgraded with 'Deeper Basins'. Regenerates mana at night.

-Altar of the Jungle
Altar to summon and revive fallen Heroes

-Scrub Barracks
Primary troop building, where Gnoll Churls, Hitmen and Furbolg Pathfinders can be trained.

-Birch of Cogitation
Emblem of the forest's magicians. Forestal Guards, Furbolg Shamans and Lacerators can be trained here.

-Ash of Briskness
Keeper of agile units. Is able to train Dryads and Giant Vultures.

-Clawcamp
Affords armaments for attack power and armour of all units as well as 'Deeper Basins'.

-Wooden Barbican
Defensive Structure from where two enemies can be bombarded.

-Saurian Hatchery
Site where Mutant Lizards and Green Dragons can be trained.

-Primeval Forest Merchant
Constructs a shop with purchasable objects. It depends on the level of your main building, which items are available.

Of course, the troop buildings have upgrades, too

Units

-Wisp
Simple working unit. Can harvest gold and lumber and is able to build Primeval Pack structures. Can 'Explode' to ban magic, damage summoned units and destroy mana in the target area.

-Gnoll Churl
Elementary meelee unit that swings a mace during the battle. Is able to learn 'Club Training'.

-Hitman
Basic ranged unit with a long range. Is able to learn 'Marksmanship'.

-Dryade
I think everyone knows that unit. Dryades are the ancient Greek nymphs of the forest so i took them from the NE tech tree.

-Mutant Lizard
Magic immune unit with a devastating effect against buildings. Is able to learn the 'Snatch' ability to pull flying units to the ground.

-Furbolg Pathfinder
Puissant meelee unit. Is able to learn the 'Dangerous Claws' ability.

-Green Dragon
Big flying Dragon. Is able to learn 'Acid Breath' to gain an attack against buildings.

-Forestal Guard
Agile magician. Can cast 'Purge' in the beginning. Is able to learn 'Control Magic' and 'Polymorph', too.

-Furbolg Shaman
Lusty magician. Can cast 'Faery Fire' in the beginning. Is able to learn 'Rejuvenation' and 'Bloodlust'.

-Lacerator
Bloodthirsty meelee creature that pounces onto enemies. Has 'Howl of Terror' and can gulp enemies. Is able to learn 'Restlessness'.

-Giant Vulture
Aggressive flying creature that spits corpse pieces at enemies. Is able to learn 'Greed'.

Heroes

-Ursa Hero
Impressive hero, expert in surviving lots of attacks and useful part of an army. Is able to learn 'Raging Roar, 'Slam', 'Pulverise' and 'Reincarnation'.

-Brutemaster
Versatile hero, born to lead his fellows and to put single inimical targets to flight. Is able to learn 'Mana Burn, 'Shadow Strike', 'Trouncing Aura' and 'Wolf Terror'.

-Keeper of the Groove
I took this one 'cause I thought him to fit in quite well.

-Jungle Rager
Unresting hero with enough audacity to attack and jumble a whole army on his own. Is able to learn 'Monsoon', 'Blink', 'Taunt' and 'Poisonbrand'.

Well that's my techtree. I also made some unique items for this race and I hope everything is fixed now. There are units with all kinds of attack (siege too) and magic immune. The Heroes are based on 2x str, agi and int

Have fun with it and comments plz ;)
Friendly greetings Kallimachos

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresKallimachos.w3x
    215.9 KB · Views: 117
Level 26
Naga race??? how is that original? there is already one anyway!
I hate how people say "Don't bother with Naga. They're a race already." It's obviously incomplete, as it has only 1 hero and 1 tier. Sure, it's unoriginal to use that for techtree, but get off his back. It's a lot more original than you think.

My Race (If I didn't procrastinate on homework and therefore had time to work on it)
Light/Dark Elves
Units:
Laborer (Villager Male) - Worker unit. Can mine gold, harvest lumber, and repair buildings.
Architect (High Elf) - Builder unit. Creates/Repairs buildings.
Warrior-Priest (Chaplain) - Standard Footsoldier. Light damage, but can learn spells (yeah, I'm specific).
Templar (Captain) - Purpose undecided (possibly to assist units or absorb damage)
Crusader (Knight) - Faster and does more damage than the Warrior-Priests. Also has an aura.
Oracle (Medivh) - Spellcaster unit. Predicts future and stuff.
Light Beacon (Wagon) - Siege unit. Shorter range than most siege units, with a fast attack that does small damage, but with a large splash radius. Can self destruct.
Dragoon Knight (Bronze dragon whelp with spell breaker/blood elf lieutenant attached on back) - A mounted light dragon whelp. Rather powerful air unit. Can stun and possibly has splash/bouncing projectiles.
Sky Lancer (Dragonhawk) - Fast, cheap air units that attack air with melee. Scouts.
(Dark Elven beyond this point)
Stalker (Sentry) - Rogue-ish unit.
Marksman (Shandris) - Sniper-ish unit.
Vixen (Warden) - Warlock-ish unit.
Void Dragon (Nether Dragon) - Light dragon purposefully corrupted by darkness. Fairy dragon-ish unit.
(Heroes)
Slayer (Demonic Illidan) - Warlock-ish hero, or Demon Hunter-ish hero. Dark Elf. Ultimate ability is Doom-like.
White Knight (Arthas with or without frostmourne) - Damage absorber or damage, pure and simple. Ultimate summons/transforms him into a titan (giant siege golem)
Hospitaller (Jaina) - Healer hero.
Buildings:
Outpost (Dalaran Building Variation 1 Doodad) - Tier 1 building. Trains architects and probably laborers.
Bastion (Dalaran Violet Citadel Doodad) - Tier 2 building. Sells scrolls of town portal.
Divine Palace (Arcane Observatory) - Tier 3 building.
Crystal Shrine (Power Generator) - Food generating building. Has a minor Mana Fountain ability. Sells mana crystal shards (mana stones). Trains Light Beacons.
Workshop (Grain Warehouse) - Lumber return building. Building upgrades. (Possibly trains laborers)
Forge (High Elf Barracks) - Unit Upgrades. Sells scrolls of protection.
Cathedral - Trains warrior-priests, templars, and crusaders. Sells potions of healing and mana.
Altar of Paladins (Altar of Kings) - Obviously a hero altar.
Black Temple - Trains Stalkers, Marksmen, and Vixens. Dark Elf stuff. Sells Dark Blood Potions (anti-magic)
Blessed Water Fountain (Sun Well) - Has a minor fountain of life ability. Sells vials of blessed water (health stones).
Guardian Spire (Sky-Fury Tower) - Strong defense building against land and air. Trains Sky Lancers. Can be upgraded to observatory. Sells Orbs of Rebirth, which give units a black arrow ability that spawns rebirthed spirits (mini-revenants).
Observatory (Cold Tower) - Defenseless building. Has the Reveal ability. Trains Oracles and Sky Lancers. Sells dust of appearance and orb of rebirth.
Dragon Nest (Bronze Dragon Roost) - Trains Dragoon Knights and Void Dragons. Sells Light Dragon Eggs (summons light dragon whelps, which are drakes.)

Level 7
Water Minion Techtree

Ok guys here is my complete techtree proudly given :grin:
Techtree

Buildings

-Spawning Pool
Primary Building. Train Murlocs Wimps and Crab Woodhackers also has the Backpack Research.
Used as a drop-of point for gold and lumber. Produces 25 food. (This and its upgrades are the only building who produce food.)
Can be upgraded to Blessed Pool to allow further research and units.

-Blessed Pool. Train Murlocs Wimps and Crab Woodhackers also has the Backpack Research.
Used as a drop-of point for gold and lumber. Produces 25 food.
Can be upgraded to Temple Of Birth to allow further research and units.

- Temple Of Birth Train Murlocs Wimps and Crab Woodhackers also has the Backpack Research.
Used as a drop-of point for gold and lumber. Produces 25 food.

- Altar Of Pools
Trains and Revives Heroes.

- Coral Den.
Need 4 of these to be able to build more Spawning Pools.
Can be Upgraded to Sea Tower.

- War Hut
Primary Troop Building. Trains Murloc Hunters, Tamed Turtles and Emerald Golems.
Has the Upgrades Envenomed Weapons, Reptile Regeneration and Improved Waterbreath.

- Pile of Junk
Has the Coral Blades, Sharpened Claws, Tough Hides, Catch and Godly Vision Upgrades.

- Spawning Grounds
Advanced Troop Building. Trains Sea Giants,Destroyers,War Hydras and Rashers.
Contains the Improved Poisen,Eat,Hydra Goo and Stomp Upgrades.

- Shrine Of The Sea
Primary Spellcaster Den. Trains Tidecallers, Windweavers and Sea Spirits.
Has the Water's Lore, Winds's Lore and Lore of Life Upgrades.

- Terradon Lair
Further Advanced Tropp Building. Trains Terradons and has the Terradon Evolution Upgrade.

- Artifact Shelf
A shop with Purchasable items. More Items become available when you upgrade your Spawning Pool to Blessed Pool,Temple Of Birth.

- Eye Ward.
Scouting Eye.
Can be upgraded with Godly Vision.
Can upgrade to either Sacred Ward supporting ward with aura, Reptile Spirit offensive ward with attack,
Magic Ward Antimagic ward with the abilities Mana Tap and Spell Theft.

Units.

-Murloc Wimp
Worker unit. Can build and harvest gold.

- Crab Woodhacker
Basic attack unit. Can harvest lumber.

- Murloc Hunter
Secondary attack unit. Able to attack air units. Learns the upgrades Catch, Envenomed Weapons and Reptile Regeneration.
Attacks land and air units.

- Tamed Turtle.
Supporting Unit. Has ranged splash damage. Can learn Reptile Regeneration and Improved Waterbreath. Attacks land and air units.

- Emerald Golem
Lumbering Stone Giant. Effective vs Buildings but slow and vulnerable. Attacks land units and trees.

- Destroyer
Big Makura warrior. Effective against buildings. Attacks land units.

- Sea Giant
Mighty warrior. Can learn Stomp , Catch and Envenomed Weapons. Attacks land units.

- War Hydra
Lumbering war beast. Has the ability Devour. Devour allows the Hydra to eat a target enemy unit.
Can gain the Reptile Regeneration, Hydra Goo and Eat Upgrades. Attacks land units.

- Rasher
Highly mobile flying creature.Great vs air units. Has resistent skin.
Learns the upgrades Improved Poisen and Reptile Regeneration. Attacks land and air units.|r

- Terradon
Tough Flying Fied. Has Splash damage and Searing Eye.
Learns the upgrades Improved Poisen,Reptile Regeneration and Terradon Evolution. Attacks land and air units.

- Tidecaller
Primary spellcaster. Can initially cast Slowing Water, which slows.Can also learn Water Shield and Healing Rain.
Attacks land and air units.

- Windweaver Supporting spellcaster. Can initially cast Raging Winds, which is an Area of Effect damaging spell.
Can also learn Gust Of Silence and Sweeping Wind. Attacks Land and air units.

- Sea Spirit Mystical Sea caster.Has Farsight, which allows her to spy on her enemies.
Can learn Word Of the Waves and Torment Soul. Attacks land and air units.

Heroes.

- Stalker
Cunning Hero, adept at quickly killing individual units and creating disorder around enemies.
Can learn Poisen Slime, Stealth Infested Bite and Lifestealing Bites. Attacks land units.

- Oracle
Mystical Hero, effective at ranged attacks and healing magics.
Can learn Replenishment, Waterflow Aura,Summon Sea Elemental and Monsoon. Attacks land and air units.

- Reeflord
Warrior Hero, exceptional at soloing a bunch of enemies and absorbing damage and melee combat.
Can learn Water Waves, Crush, Guillotine and WaterStrike. Attacks land units.

- Drowned Knight
Cunning Hero, adept at Damaging Magic and changeing the odds.
Can learn Breath Of Death,Siphon Soul, Haunting Ghost and Drowned Spirits. Attacks land units.

Well that was it hope ya all like it please give me some feedback and comments. Oh ye and i fixed some things again :grin: it never ends. So i think you should download this new one.

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresZorgaWIP.w3x
    219 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 9
Guys, guys... I'm over... I was just saving my map when the electricity stoped and now my map is heavily damaged... I'll upload it today, if you can, please restrore it, but I doubt that you'll be able... I may try to make a Tuskarr nation... Who knows?

I'm sorry about you. Can't you extract the unit data from the map and import it in another one.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Final Submission

Well, I was really oppressed by thousands of projects and homework stuff, so unfortunately this has not reached its full potential. I finished the upgrades tonight and ran a few balance tests so I guess thats it.

I proudly present The Burning Legion:

Distinctive features of the race include:

- Energy shields on buildings, which may be upgraded and boosted by batteries
- Item shop and food limit functions are added to units rather than buildings
- Distinct worker system
- Energy sharing between buildings
- Greatly customized tech tree options, supportive buildings, and much more...

Strategies:
- Tier one tanking strategy
- Stun, Drain and More Stun strategy on Tier 2
- Extreme Tier 3 anti-air
- Quick Tier 3 switch from defensive to offensive mode
- Swift anti-air/anti-ground tactics on Tier 2
- Easy destruction of enemy encampments
- Powerful siege weapons

Heroes:
- Void Wizard: Anti-spell-caster hero. Adept at protecting friendly units from magical damage, dispelling magic, and annihilating enemy mana.
- Chaos Warlord: Army support hero. Adept at boosting both armor and attack, laying expansions to waste, and putting enemy heroes out of the battle.
- Warlock: Destructive hero. Adept at dealing massive AoE damage, stunning and summoning demons.
- Tormentor: Swift-attack based hero. Adept at avoiding damage, regaining lost hit points and slicing through tough enemies in a matter of seconds.

Weak Points (For Balance's sake):
- Weak against good rushes
- Hard to handle when fighting against multi-type armies
- Advanced micromanagement necessary for keeping Tier1 ranged units alive

And finally, I would like to wish good luck to all other participants. It was an honor competing with ya. Enjoy...

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShores_frostwhisper.w3x
    223.8 KB · Views: 109
Level 6
This is my final version of my races the Underground and here’s my techtree (replaces Humans):

The Underground

Overview:

The Underground is not so much a race as it is a congregation, a grouping of thieves. Its members come from many backgrounds, though most of them are humans.

Pros:
-strong early game
-many units have stealing abilities
-most units have some form of evasion (i.e. Evasion, flying, permanent invisibility)
-cheap buildings; high unit production due to cheap queue outlets (the towers)
-expands quickly

Cons:
-very poor resource management; especially in a map without Shredders
-poor defense
-weak buildings
-lacks powerful units* (weak in a sense that they suck as individuals)

Goals: One of the things this race is very effective at is ‘raping’. This race is designed mostly for early game rush, creepjacking, blocking escape routes, as well as attacking resources instead of confronting its enemies directly. Don’t be afraid to attack the enemy’s base when they’re out, it’s not like they can stop you. One thing to keep in mind is, when playing as The Underground, play DIRTY.

Units:

Thief – Basic worker unit builds all of the Undergrounds structures, can repair buildings, gather resources and arm itself at a Blackmarket or your starting Bandit Hideout. Attacks land units.

Bandit – Light foot soldier. Is permanently invisible, can use the Steal ability and can learn the Tactical Assassins and Evasion abilities. Attacks land units.

Outrider Brigand – Elite mounted soldier. Has the steal ability and can later learn Shadow Mount upgrade. Attacks ground units.

Rouge – Light ranged unit. Is permanently invisible and can learn the Tactical Assassins and Evasion abilities. Attack land and air units.

Darkfire Marksmen – A short ranged siege unit. It can learn the flamethrower to learn a new attack to be more effective against units and the flare abilities. Attacks ground units.

Blitz Bomber – Heavily armed flying machine that’s effective against buildings. Can learn the Rocket Pods and Cluster Bomb upgrades. Attacks land units.

Adjudicator – Flying spellcaster. Can initially cast Soul Pact, which steals health from a target enemy. Can also learn Shadow Mounts, Null Pact and Life Pact. Attacks land and air units.

Dark Magus – Stealthy spellcaster. Can initially cast Invisibility, which hides target unit from enemy sight. Can also learn Dark Summoning and Shadow Sight. Attacks land and air units.

Ogre Magi – Offensive spellcaster. Can initially cast Eye of Kilrogg, creates an eye to scout for you. Can also learn Blood Thirst and Runes. Attacks land and air units.

Goblin Blaster – Armored mechanical unit, effective at destroying buildings. Can be upgraded with the Barrage ability. Attacks land units.

Assassin - Stealthy elven warrior trained to destroy single targets. Is spell immune and permanently invisible, can learn Tactical Assassins and Feedback. Attacks land units.

Skyraider – Swift flying unit, mounted by an Elven privateer. Has the Aerial Cutter ability, which allows it to damage multiple air units on casting and the Swoop ability lowering it to ground level allowing it to attack ground units. Can learn Shadow Mount, and the Cloud ability. Attacks air units.

Buildings:

Bandit Hideout – Primary structure, used to train Thieves and receive gathered resources. Can be upgraded to Bandit Garrison and then Bandit Bastion to enable the production of additional types of structures and units.

Bandit Garrison – Upgrade to Bandit Garrison to enable the production of additional types of structures and units.

Bandit Bastion – Upgrade to Bandit Bastion to enable the production of additional types of structures and units.

Stash – Provides food, which increases the maximum number of units that can be trained.

Altar of Riches – Summons Heroes. Revives slain Heroes.

Bandit Camp - Primary troop production building. Trains Bandits, Rouges and Outrider Brigands. Also contains the Stealth, Tactical Assassin, and Shadow Mount upgrades.

Storehouse – Serves as a drop-off point for gold and lumber and trains thieves allowing quick expansion. Also contains the upgrades for Stealing and Fortification. Targeted as a town hall structure.

Blackmarket – Contains upgrades for improved armor, weaponry and gunpowder, also allows thieves to arm themselves.

Mercenary Guild – Trains Goblin Blasters and Darkfire Marksmen. Also contains the Flamethrower, Flare and Barrage upgrades.

Shadow Guild – Trains Dark Magus, Ogre Magi, and Assassin. Also contains spell upgrades for Dark Magus and Ogre Magi and Feedback.

Flier's Guild – Trains Blitz Bombers, Adjudicators and Skyraiders. Also contains the Cloud and Rocket Pod, Cluster Bomb and Adjudicator spell upgrades.

Bandit's Tower – Basic recruitment tower. Trains Bandits and Rouges. Can be upgraded into Mercenary Tower, Fliers Tower or Shadow Tower.

Mercenary Tower – Mercenary recruitment tower. Trains Darkfire Marksmen. Receives the Tower Systems upgrade.

Flier's Tower – Flier's recruitment tower. Trains Skyraiders. Receives the Tower Systems upgrade.

Shadow Tower – Shadow recruitment tower. Can train Assassins. Receives the Tower Systems upgrade.

Treasure Trove – Creates a shop with purchasable items. The items available depend upon what level of upgrade your Bandit Hideout has (Bandit Hideout, Bandit Garrison, or Bandit Bastion) and which buildings you have.

Heroes:

Dark Assailant – Cunning Hero, exceptional at Killing single targets. Can learn Throat Slit, Noxious Gas, Keen Edge and Vanish. Attacks land units.

Rouge Necromancer – Mystical Hero, adept at controlling battles. Can learn Raise Dead, Darkblast, Brilliance Aura and Pestilence. Attacks land and air units.

Ambush Commander - Cunning Hero, adept at making attacks on bases. Can learn Ambush, Strike Force, Blink and Ambushers Snare. Attacks land units.

Hoarder - Warrior Hero, adept at gaining resources. Can learn Golden Reveal, Hoarders Greed, Charge Gold for Lumber and Harvest. Attacks land and air units.

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresCheesey_111.w3x
    224.7 KB · Views: 117
Level 9
My entry

Well, I put a good amount of hours into this... I hope you all like it... It introduces a demon race that uses blight in a system somewhat similar to the pylon system in starcraft. I'm not gonna list all the units like some other people, but its pretty good (in my opinion, so its very possible it sucks)... anyways uhh, ya, enjoy.

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresW DEMONS.w3x
    217.3 KB · Views: 78
Level 12
The Resistance:
The creeps of warcraft have decided that no longer shall they be killed for items or experience, the main races shall taste their wrath as the orcs did when they wiped them out of existanse.

This is my entry to the techtree contest!! Hope you all like it cause i put many hours in it, but i got annoyed a lot by it to but everything should be fixed now.:thumbs_up:

Techtree:
Haven - Primary structure, used to train Harvester and Mech Goblins and receive gathered resources. Can be upgraded to Settlement and then Warcamp to enable the production of additional types of structures and units.

Settlement - Primary structure, used to train Harvester and Mech Goblins and receive gathered resources. Can be upgraded to Warcamp to enable the production of additional types of structures and units.

Warcamp - Primary structure, used to train Harvester and Mech Goblins and receive gathered resources.
Trains:
Harvester - Harvesting unit. Can harvest gold and lumber.
Mech Goblins - Building unit. Can repair and build structures.

Food Hut - Provides food, which increases the maximum number of units that can be trained. Can learn the Iron Plate upgrade.

Sacred Stone - A sacred stone where you can summon and revive slain heroes.
Trains:
Tank Master - Cunning Hero, adept killing many units with his abilities. Can learn Tech Shield, Ground Smash, Tank Box and Rise of the Machines.
Elemental Sage - Cunning Hero, adept at elemental magic. Can learn Water Rift, Wind Walk, Earth's Wrath and Eruption.
Brood Mother - Ranged Hero, effective at acid attacks and killing enemy troops. Can learn Acid Missiles, Acid Swarm, Poison Sting and Rebirth.
Overlord - Warrior Hero, exceptional at absorbing damage and melee combat. Can learn Hell Flail, Bash, Terror Aura and Inner Fire.

Training Grounds - Primary troop production building. Trains Crushers, Berserkers and Catapults. Also contains the Crusher, Axe Mastery and Burning Rocks upgrades.
Trains:
Crusher - Brutish Ogre warrior. Can be upgraded into Armored Crusher.
Berserker - Ranged axe-throwing unit, effective against air units. Has the Axe Mastery upgrade.
Catapult - Long-range siege weaponry. Effective against buildings but slow and vulnerable. Can learn the Burning Rocks ability.

Processing Factory - Can be used as a drop-off point for harvested lumber. Also contains upgrades for improved armor, melee weapons, ranged weapons, Improved Lumber Harvesting, and Iron Plate.

Flame Thrower - Defensive structure. Can learn the Iron Plate upgrade. Has the Burning Flame ability.

Beast Pen – Trains Brutes, Marksman, Giant Spiders and Wild Wyverns. Also contains the Flame Arrows, Web and Blind upgrades.
Trains:
Brute - Mighty warrior of the gnolls. Has the bash ability.
Marksman - A ranged gnoll. Has the ability to Flame arrows that adds bonus damage but drains man with each shot fired.
Giant Spider - A Giant Spider with a venomous attack. Can learn the Web ability.
Wild Wyvern – Highly mobile flying creature. Excellent at scouting. Can be devastating against air units in great numbers. Has the Blind and Cyclone abilities.

Altar - Spell caster production building. Trains Magi’s, Blood Priests, and Mystics. Also contains spell upgrades for Magi, Blood Priest, and Mystics.
Trains:
Magi - Primary spell caster. Can initially cast Decay, which deals initial damage and then damages over time. Can also learn Energy Restoration and Blood Rage.
Blood Priest – Supporting spell caster. Can initially cast Burning Wave, which heals a target unit and then bounces to another one. Can also learn Blood Curse and Execution.
Mystic - Gnoll Caster. Has Banish, which allows the Mystic to make a target unit ethereal. Can learn Spell Steal and Weapon Bound.

Dragon Roost - Trains Black Dragons. Also contains the Melting Breath upgrade.
Trains:
Black Dragon - Heavy flying unit with incredible strength. The king of the skies. Has the Melting Breath ability, which allows the Black Dragon to reduce the armor of the unit it is attacking.

Artifact Vault - A vault with purchasable items. The items available depend upon what level of upgrade your Haven has (Haven, Settlement, or Warcamp).

Wow what a long post. :)

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresMechmap.w3x
    232 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.