• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #15 Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

Shadow_of_the_Colossus_29109.jpg

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
5.png

poll.png

Colossus
Contestants are to make a unit that has the feel of being "colossal".

Welcome to the poll for Modeling Contest #15! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png

• skrab
  • anarchianbedlam
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY

contest%20judging.png

Score shall be taken out of 50 points:
  • 15 points for mesh (verts and faces)
  • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
  • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
  • 5 points for mechanics (how good does this model look ingame)
  • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, effect geometry, etc.)
  • 5 points for creativity.
Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100​

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 12
I have zero modeling knowledge so i'm just giving my amateur opinion here:
All these models are creative and enjoyable, but since the theme was Colossus, i think the most fitting two are DVO's mushroom giant and the sea thing.

Anubis for example looks great, but he's so not fat (perdon me but eh..) that i can see him as a boss in diablo 2's chapter 2 easily, but barely call him a Colossus, ya know.
Bob's robot looks plain great but it's a tank, not a colossus... think colossus of Rhodes, place it next to it, see what i mean?
War behemot is impressive but i don't know why, i have trouble calling it anything else than a war behemoth...

The sea colo looks really colossal indeed, but for me, it's hard to tell it's a creature on the screenshot for example... i had to take some seconds and realize what the parts of its body were. And it looks bizarrely stuck together, no offense.

So my vote went to Furglewurg as the most Colossal dude.

Level 12
Yeah I know, I just find it kind of funny.

To me, sea colo was the most creative. Just it took me too long to understand what the hell it was, and i don't like the house/head, doesn't look like one much.
If you could redo it out of the contest, with abit less realistic parts, but fitting better together, it might end up as totally awesome imho...

EDIT: feel free to ask me if you'd like the details of how it could be improved from my point of view.

Level 5
To me, sea colo was the most creative. Just it took me too long to understand what the hell it was, and i don't like the house/head, doesn't look like one much.
If you could redo it out of the contest, with abit less realistic parts, but fitting better together, it might end up as totally awesome imho...

EDIT: feel free to ask me if you'd like the details of how it could be improved from my point of view.

Its not a house, it is one of those places that you put boats into. Like a boat garage.

I'd pick time-to-die. It's the most creative. I don't like the general outfit though, so I'd go for Pyramid. Well, I didn't check whose submission it was, yet, I realized it was Pyramid's. It has this zombie-raw-skinned classic effect, which I like, but I think that he has used this concept way too much (every submission of his has this concept); so, I would need something alternative from you, Pyramid.. My vote goes for HappyCockroach, since it has the theme of my lovely Egypt. Pharaoh I am :)
Well done everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.