• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #11 - A Hero's Skillset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Abilities of this hero made by xxdingo93xx
BTNLightning_bolt_contest3.pngShocker
View attachment 122267 > ATCLightning_Curse.pngLightning Curse
122244d1359500347-icon-contest-11-heros-skillset-pasvortex2.png
Lightning Vortex
122256d1359567481-icon-contest-11-heros-skillset-btnthunderous_apocalypse2.png
Thunderous Apocalypse

Anything I should change?

Last edited:
Abilities of this hero made by xxdingo93xx
View attachment 122265 Shocker
View attachment 122267 Lightning Curse
122244d1359500347-icon-contest-11-heros-skillset-pasvortex2.png
Lightning Vortex
122256d1359567481-icon-contest-11-heros-skillset-btnthunderous_apocalypse2.png
Thunderous Apocalypse

Anything I should change?

Thunderous Apocalypse is a lot better, I am sure you can see the difference on your own. :)

The only thing I fear about the icons is the lack of the WarCraft III feeling. They mostly fit Guildwars, if you ask me!

Instead of giving up, I decided to change my choice of hero to Primeval Hunter, but now with little time to work, I don't think it will be as good as it could.

Charge

204181-albums4594-picture65453.png

The Primeval Hunter charges towards a target enemy unit, stunning it on impact and damaging it.

Level 1 - Stuns the unit for 2 seconds and deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Stuns the unit for 4 seconds and deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Stuns the unit for 6 seconds and deals 300 damage.

Causes a Heavy hit if the Primeval Hunter has rage counters.

Heavy Hit reduces a targets armor by 2 points for every rage counter, lasts for 6 seconds.

Cleave

204181-albums4594-picture65454.png

A visious swipe that strikes all enemies infront of the Primeval Hunter.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage.

Consumes all rage counters to apply an enrage power, causing the Primeval Hunters attacks to hit all nearby targets for the next 5 seconds.

Cleave attacks deals 20% of normal damage per rage counter consumed.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Instead of giving up, I decided to change my choice of hero to Primeval Hunter, but now with little time to work, I don't think it will be as good as it could.

Charge

The Primeval Hunter charges towards a target enemy unit, stunning it on impact and damaging it.

Level 1 - Stuns the unit for 2 seconds and deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Stuns the unit for 4 seconds and deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Stuns the unit for 6 seconds and deals 300 damage.

Causes a Heavy hit if the Primeval Hunter has rage counters.

Heavy Hit reduces a targets armor by 2 points for every rage counter, lasts for 6 seconds.

Cleave

A visious swipe that strikes all enemies infront of the Primeval Hunter.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage.

Consumes all rage counters to apply an enrage power, causing the Primeval Hunters attacks to hit all nearby targets for the next 5 seconds.

Cleave attacks deals 20% of normal damage per rage counter consumed.

Impressive.

Subject to changes.

Heart Of Rage

204181-albums4594-picture65456.png

Each attack has a chance to aqumilate a rage counter. Rage counters are used to increase the effect of the heroes abilities.

Rage counters lasts for 10 seconds and stacks up to 5 counters.

Level 1 - 20% Chance.
Level 2 - 40% Chance.
Level 3 - 60% Chance.

Adds 10% increased damage and 1 armor for each rage counter.
For now, looks like this:
204181-albums4594-picture65456.png

Very nice work so far, Marcos DAB.

You could make the mouth a lot darker, from the inside, in order to turn it into more frightening. Since it's a debuff (stuns the target), it will appear on the enemy's buff status bar, which is why you should make it more frightening ;)

For the claws, I suggest toning down the lines, because they look like mummified. Unless it is intentional, you could make fur instead.

Level 28
Jolly, that's really cool. But yellow and purple look kinda... well, not that "Aggressive". I mean the icon is very aggressive. It's a shadowy figure moving it's hand forward, attacking I assume and... these colors are too. Well, "happy" and "nice". Probably Red and Orange would look better, but if the spell itself is pink then I'm wrong.

Level 30
Jolly, that's really cool. But yellow and purple look kinda... well, not that "Aggressive". I mean the icon is very aggressive. It's a shadowy figure moving it's hand forward, attacking I assume and... these colors are too. Well, "happy" and "nice". Probably Red and Orange would look better, but if the spell itself is pink then I'm wrong.

Thanks for the reply. It is difficult to choose a good color scheme here. For that satyr trickster. Will try another combination ...

So here is slight edition

Attachments

• BTNsatyraur300-000.png
    BTNsatyraur300-000.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I suggest you retained both of the color schemes, because I am having a hard time choosing either of them. The first one is much more realistic and animalistic, but the blue tone is a lot better from every aspect, except the animalistic.

The fingers were fine, regarding their shape, my concern was the bold lines that you placed all over the grey area, which gives the wrong impression of mummification, instead of fur.

The mouth looks way better than the previous, but I suggest you added a red tone, instead of the color scheme's tone.

Finally, in order to add extra variety, you could make the eyes red, instead of blue. I am pretty confident that the antithesis will be bolder and much more representative of a beastly trait.

Level 49
in terms of color scheme, i'll choose the first one. although it needs more saturation. and like what the others said, the ultimate looks strange. personally i'd change the facial structure of the human part to make it look more...well.. human.

Final entry.
Primeval Hunter
204181-albums4594-picture65995.png

I chose this color scheme, more animalistic. Whereas it is something animalistic/bestial.

Even if this isn't good enough, the deadline already expired, and I have no more time to work.

Attachments

• BTNCharge.blp
    5.5 KB · Views: 115
  • BTNCleave.blp
    5.5 KB · Views: 109
  • BTNHeartOfRage.blp
    5.4 KB · Views: 127
  • BTNInnerBeast.blp
    5.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DISBTNCharge.blp
    3.4 KB · Views: 97
  • PASHeartOfRage.blp
    4.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DISPASHeartOfRage.blp
    3.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DISBTNInnerBeast.blp
    3.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DISBTNHeartOfRage.blp
    3.2 KB · Views: 100
  • DISBTNCleave.blp
    3.6 KB · Views: 97
Level 49

Attachments

• BTNwolfy 01.jpg
    BTNwolfy 01.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 2,182
  • BTNwolfy02.jpg
    BTNwolfy02.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 2,205
  • BTNwolfy03.jpg
    BTNwolfy03.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,191
  • BTNwolfy 04.jpg
    BTNwolfy 04.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 3,161
  • BTNBlue Howl.blp
    3.5 KB · Views: 71
  • BTNFereal Instinct.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 89
  • BTNFury.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DISBTNBlue Howl.blp
    2 KB · Views: 68
  • BTNRavage.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DISBTNFereal Instinct.blp
    1.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DISBTNFury.blp
    1.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DISBTNRavage.blp
    1.5 KB · Views: 78
Level 6
Compared to your previous works i think these are kinda pixelated, atleast the first 3, the fourth seems just a bit too red imo :p
It took me some time to realize whats happening in ur third icon there, if you could somehow make it more defined maybe by showing the ears more or make the eyes red? ;)
The second icon is a bit boring, the red ring looks kinda out of place/theme and it could use some more..hmm special effects?^^

I think you did a really great job at making the icons portray a wolf, there is no doubt it's a wolf creature and not some other monster ;)

Level 49
Compared to your previous works i think these are kinda pixelated, atleast the first 3, the fourth seems just a bit too red imo :p
It took me some time to realize whats happening in ur third icon there, if you could somehow make it more defined maybe by showing the ears more or make the eyes red? ;)
The second icon is a bit boring, the red ring looks kinda out of place/theme and it could use some more..hmm special effects?^^

I think you did a really great job at making the icons portray a wolf, there is no doubt it's a wolf creature and not some other monster ;)

well, i agree with you, but i realy dunno why it looks pixelated. :) i try rework them now... Maybe i will get better results.. Long time not drawn icons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.