• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW UI WIP, Misha's Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Try turning the dragon on the time indicator into the brownish color of the rest time indicator part. perhaps you're thinking to turn the color later but i just cant wait. lol :D

Actually, I thought that the clash was interesting. I was thinking about making its tail continue full cirlce around it to look sort of like oroborous. But I'm not sure how to make it work without looking weird as hell. XD

Level 26
That.

And you'll notice the tail seems to stop dead like this ---| so it looks cnp'd.

Art, like any story, should not be worked on without any material or concept to work with. XD
I mean, I thought it looked better with the dragon there rather than without it. Then I just had to figure out what to do with it.

Remember the leaves when I first introduced it? It was also cut off for a while. XD

Level 22
Art, like any story, should not be worked on without any material or concept to work with. XD
I mean, I thought it looked better with the dragon there rather than without it. Then I just had to figure out what to do with it.

Remember the leaves when I first introduced it? It was also cut off for a while. XD

Yes I did notice.

I am just informing you of it. Changing the color would be very good too.

Level 26
No no, just make it the same color scheme as the rest so it looks normal.

Hm, gotcha. Well, Idonno if I actually wanna change the texture of the dragon though. Anyhow, tinkered a little more. Added chains making it look like the UI is hanging from the top of the screen. ;D
Will try and get working on the oroborous idea once I find some fancy reverence to go on that looks cool. Well, that or just making it look like a dragon is resting on the orb. XD

attachment.php

Was bored and added the sleeping dragon version. I think the oroborous idea wont really work. XD
attachment.php

Here's an edit adding the whole non parchment concept in here just for those that didn't like it. Enjoy
attachment.php

After some talk that made me unsure, I chopped it up and tested the parchment ingame. ;D
attachment.php

Damn, this is getting big. After multiple tests with the parchement ingame, I have come to the conclusion that you guys were right and made a non-parchement version.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BasCelikVersion0.68.png
    BasCelikVersion0.68.png
    472.4 KB · Views: 4,197
  • BasCelikVersion0.70.png
    BasCelikVersion0.70.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 8,657
  • BasCelikVersion0.71EXP.png
    BasCelikVersion0.71EXP.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 2,061
  • BasCelikVersion0.70IngameParchmentTest.png
    BasCelikVersion0.70IngameParchmentTest.png
    855.4 KB · Views: 1,897
  • BasCelikVersion0.75EXP.png
    BasCelikVersion0.75EXP.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 3,905
Last edited:
Level 26
Where are the sources?

Right-o. Adding the other ones from before to simplify it for me later on.

Frame constructed using these.
http://www.123abc.cz/download/grafika/heroes-of-might-and-magic-5-1.jpg
http://www.gamestar.hu/apix_collect...-of-the-east_20080131155329_2221_original.jpg

The tiny thing to the right of the mini map and the origin of the possibly to be deleted parchment. We'll see how that goes.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/290/5/a/Gothic_UI_by_TKingArt.jpg Edit: It has been confirmed, the parchment is gone.

New inventory icon.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/216/1/0/Game_Interface_by_cseec.png

Time Indicator
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/216/b/b/page_draft_by_cseec.png

The tiny chain that holds the time indicator.
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/216/7/e/Sicilia_by_cseec.png

While I am at it. Intended to manipulate this to serve as the inventory blocker, but I'm not a 100% sure I'm going to use it. We'll see about that as well.
http://www.skill-capped.com/images/videos/class_video_placeholder.jpg

The dragons, leaves, ect.
Default WC3 Human UI
Default WC3 Night Elf UI
Default WC3 Undead UI

That's about it.

Last edited:
Level 4
looking good, I like the latest clock idea, it works well! (although, personally, I still think you should replace the night-elf leaves with dragon scales; but I understand they are hard to find, so yeah....)

if you are going to incorporate shades of brown in the UI (the leaves, the map thing and some of the stuff at the top), don't you think that backpack would look better shaded brown not grey? (and maybe if it is 85%/90% of its current size?)

re: size: its just that everything around the backpack is very fine textured (looks like drawn with a fine pencil) and then the bacpack is kinda boldly textured (looks like drawn with crayons). [get what i'm saying?]

re: colour: i just think brown would look better!

also, check the border above the 'send map signal' button. there is a little bit missing!

keep up the good work mate

Level 26
Is it only me or is your ingame screenshot extremly squeezed? (Good seeable at the peasent icon, way to squareish than it is normaly)

otherwise, looks good, I like the non paper version better.

You mean stretched? Yeah, I got a big computer screen. Actually, I got two, But I cropped out the other screen because otherwise it would be too long imo. XD

You need to lose the parchment. It looks better without it in game, (I'm guessing).

You need to read my replies. Didn't you see that I wrote that after much testing ingame that I dropped it? XD

Edit: Problem?

attachment.php

Excuse the size, I was too lazy to crop away the other screen. So, since the two screens combined was too big, the auto resizing of this site squeezed it down somewhat. You can see that the transparency is all the way down on the screenshot of the left screen. Anyhow, apparently the idea to have it a clean style, thus, transparency all the way to the bottom, around the map.. It's not going to work. It's only transparent on the upper part.

Attachments

• BasCelikVersion84_Screenshot.jpg
    BasCelikVersion84_Screenshot.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,624
Last edited:
Level 22
You mean stretched? Yeah, I got a big computer screen. Actually, I got two, But I cropped out the other screen because otherwise it would be too long imo. XD

You need to read my replies. Didn't you see that I wrote that after much testing ingame that I dropped it? XD

Edit: Problem?

attachment.php

Excuse the size, I was too lazy to crop away the other screen. So, since the two screens combined was too big, the auto resizing of this site squeezed it down somewhat. You can see that the transparency is all the way down on the screenshot of the left screen. Anyhow, apparently the idea to have it a clean style, thus, transparency all the way to the bottom, around the map.. It's not going to work. It's only transparent on the upper part.

Much better. <3

Level 26
Well, I suppose it is. I did major work on centering the whole thing. After realizing how much the parchment had messed up. Misha preferred the non-parchment though.
I'm not sure what Pharaoh thinks about this but yeah. But Pharaoh wanted the same as Misha, so I suppose it's okay anyhow. Also, it's not drastic changes here, just small ones.

attachment.php

You forgot to answer the question though.

attachment.php
These areas need to be filled because my original idea didn't pan out, meaning I need something to fill the gap. Any ideas?

I also started tinkering a little with the inventory blocker. My idea is this. Chains attached to a shield, which itself has a lock on it. It's pretty vague, but if I find an artist.
I'll most likely give him or her this picture and allow him to do as he or she pleases. XD

attachment.php

Attachments

• BasCelikVersion0.85.png
    BasCelikVersion0.85.png
    303 KB · Views: 1,661
  • BasCelikVersion0.85Circled.png
    BasCelikVersion0.85Circled.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 1,626
  • InventoryBlocker.png
    InventoryBlocker.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,554
Last edited:
Level 6
Ver 0.85 is... Pure awesomness!:vw_love:

Although.. It is only my humble opinion that the Globe/thing (it is in the center+top position of the UI) has too much information on it..

Level 18
there are lots of maps with no Ui because they just can't find a fitting Ui so if you upload the first one that has no theme. (also upload golden and maybe a green/blue/red ones
almost all maps would have a small size Cool looking ui that fits all maps.

Level 26
The recent post from Blood Raven got me back to working somewhat with the UI again. Filled two of the gaps, might need some fixing though, evening them out and balancing up as a whole.
Anyhow, exported cinematic textures for frostmourne and used that to fill the gaps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BasCelikVersion0.96.png
    BasCelikVersion0.96.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,368
Last edited:
Level 26
Worked a little with the UI. I added a experimental border to fill the gap and been looking for copper things since Mr. Goblin suggested it. Haven't found anything yet though.
Thought about having some viking releated stuff, since they usually have something runic.. or a sword, but making it fit has been tricky.

attachment.php

Edit: Got inspired when I looked around into warcraft 3 textures again, decided to use one of the wolves from the Orc UI. Now I offically got parts from all four warcraft UIs into this one. I have a concept now, although I doubt I'll execute it that well. For those that played heroes 3. You ran around across the map, finding obelisks that revealed piece by piece where the holy grail was found. It got me thinking, I could make something similar to that with the gap I have left. Might not look that good when I am done with it though. It would need a serious retouching once my conceptual part is done. ;S

attachment.php

Attachments

• BasCelikVersion0.101Experiment.png
    BasCelikVersion0.101Experiment.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 4,081
  • BasCelikVersion0.103Experiment.png
    BasCelikVersion0.103Experiment.png
    335 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:
Level 26
Well, version 0.101 came before the 0.103 version. So the fact that 03 is better than 01 means I'm taking the steps into the right direction. I think I'll skip the jigsaw puzzle though, it tends to get messy when I added chunks to it, I think it's better as it is now, but yeah.. It needs something more. Not much, but something.

Been thinking about if I should look up a few chain textures in warcraft and attach them diagonally from the two new holes I added. I think it would be a nice touch and it would feel less empty down there.

Level 18
yeah no need for leaves, if you want to have leaves need to have 3 different parts of the ui with them to make leaves part of the "feel" of the ui , if it just randomly appears in one part it feels like you tried to add whatever you found..

Level 26
yeah no need for leaves, if you want to have leaves need to have 3 different parts of the ui with them to make leaves part of the "feel" of the ui , if it just randomly appears in one part it feels like you tried to add whatever you found..

If you wish to suggest me to remove something, please suggest a replacement.
Personally, I think it looks pretty well, although I'm not sure which version is best, 0.103 or 0.106

Level 51
If you want to make the leaves fit, add them at the places in the left and right part of the ui, at the top of the boxes where the copper copper is. That should make them fit more in. And that scroll is somewhat out of place if you ask me. And what still annoys the hell out of me, is the transition between the gray and the gold at the clock.

Level 26
If you want to make the leaves fit, add them at the places in the left and right part of the ui, at the top of the boxes where the copper copper is. That should make them fit more in. And that scroll is somewhat out of place if you ask me. And what still annoys the hell out of me, is the transition between the gray and the gold at the clock.

With other words, you prefer the 0.103 version. Hm, more leaves on the 0.103 version and then off to a better artist who helps me with final touches. That should do the trick. Hm.

Level 26
You guys are confuzzling the hell out of me.
attachment.php

Adding leaves is a real pain in the ass. Slammed a iron bar on there, Might need to slap on some woody bits to compensate.
It's just a concept, not actually worked in there yet, but adding leaves to the rest of the UI simply tends to ruin it, which bothers me somewhat. ;/

Complete removal of leaves, Bad/Good idea? That or I'll just ask someone to help me finish it without adding more leaves.
Basically asking someone to pimp the 0.103 version.

Edit:
Tweaked with leaves again, the whole iron bar thing annoyed me. Hell, I'm still not sure in what direction to take it. No one seems to respond, so well, I'll leave it like this for a while longer until I can figure it out myself.
attachment.php

Attachments

• BasCelikVersion0.107EXPERIMENT.png
    BasCelikVersion0.107EXPERIMENT.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 848
  • BasCelikUI Version 2.0.png
    BasCelikUI Version 2.0.png
    381.6 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:
Level 1
version 2.0 is look good

but i think filling left of the portrait is make game screen small area

Dota 1.5 is feel lite (good) but low texture

Level 14
I do realize, and something else I do realize as well - the last post was from him. It has not simply "died out", he just didn't get any replies. And if we want to see this UI released, it's better to tell him it's awesome now, than later.

And, you do realize that the 2D development forum is quite dead lately?

Level 26
I don't really get why people haven't realized this yet. I do not create UI's, I design them. I ask actual artists with fancypants skills to create the UI using my design, touching up what I've made to such an extent that it would be able to be used as an UI. I asked for someone to help me, no one offered to do so, so until a point where I can find someone willing, it will simply wait around. That's about how it is for me.

My programs that I use are beyond primitive. Each version I create has a specific level of color.
Adding new details lowers the specific amount of color variations, essentially destroying it.

As an example, look at the time indicator and see how the color has faded slightly with each update.

I could essentially work a little bit more with it, but without an artist to touch it up, I don't think it'll ever be "done".
Not to mention my currently very limited amount of time I got left over prevents from working on it very much.

The transition at the clock still is annyoing... :/
That was intended to be rust, because I thought it enhanced the whole dungeon seige feel that I think this UI currently has.

Attachments

• BasCelikUI_Design.png
    BasCelikUI_Design.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.