• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass NewGen Pack Special Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Jass NewGen Pack Special (Full)

Hi everyone!

Well since there is no proper section for combination of "tool + jass systems + GUI scripts" I will create this thread so you guys can comment on JNGPS! Like do you have suggestions, found bugs...

Link: REMOVED, THEFT.

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Nice ! now it has an update function for cJASS and i can´t wait for it to become acceptable for making spells and other jass stuff.. =)
But one thing... I just started the NewGen Warcraft and there was some picture in the main screen...
attachment.php

I think it´s the same which is in the welcome popup of the JNGPS editor but how did it get into the main screen ?

Attachments

• what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 3,408
Level 15
Nice ! now it has an update function for cJASS and i can´t wait for it to become acceptable for making spells and other jass stuff.. =)
But one thing... I just started the NewGen Warcraft and there was some picture in the main screen...
attachment.php

I think it´s the same which is in the welcome popup of the JNGPS editor but how did it get into the main screen ?

heh yeah thats coz Warcraft III: FT loads that logo in game and with editor...
i just realised it to, and lol omg xD

hmm maybe i can try to fix that, still not sure that it will work since they use same files but if i try injecting stuff hmm! i belive it could work.

so if i find a way to fix that ill release it in JNGPS 1.2 which will come with new C Jass! and since i was requested i guess ill add trackables to EGUI...

Really sry Thanathos i would fix it now but release update just coz of that xD
well anyway ill really try to fix it in next patch if ill be able, then i will :)

Greets and enjoy guys!
~Dark Dragon

Level 15
;o

Same exact name as my project....... -_-'

Gonna get confusing.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99641

xD well actually it seems to be the same but this is basically: Extra GUI :D

hmm so there are two EGUI-s which have different names :D
anyway gj u2, its a nice project i really like making GUI more then using it xD

Greets!

Hmm this crashes for me when I enter the trigger editor

k, reasons can be:

1) you opend editor and not a map, but you tried to open trigger editor
2) you opend the map which was coded in some external GUI language like UMSWE...
3) you disabled EGUI which fixed blizzard bugs and therefore blizzards GUI crashed the world editor...
4) you already made map with EGUI (used some of its features) but disabled it and now you are trying to open that map again!

best way to test JNGPS is by opening the editor with EGUI enabled and then create new test.w3x map! there do Custom Script: Enable EGUI in your init trigger and test new features from EGUI! if you found by any way bugs please report them.

if you continue not being able to open your own made map like campaign... well EGUI fixed it so normal GUI crashes campaigns, but if EGUI does to then well its gonna be a hard work coz it means u used UMSWE or smth but i can try fix it for u if u send me the map!

Greets!

could you PM me when my suggestions are inside?

well yeah i can but you will know when its out xD! anyway JNGPS 1.2 comes out at end of this month coz cJass's gonna get a seriosu language... thats what i heard from the autors and i cant wait! yay xD

anyway with that patch i guess ill release trackables since u want em so much! then when i add basic functions for trackables, ill add some of once u need! but most of em i just dont get what u want that they do xD

if u want to count destructables just pick every dest at pos of that trackable

and u know how much of them there are! anyway if you dont get what i mean ill just write this short code in that EGUI so u can see what i mean...

will pm-u when JNGPS 1.2 is out!
Greets!

Level 14
Well, I found the reason why I couldn't run the trigger editor. Apperently World editor is not supported with Windowsblinds 7 XD

Edit: Umswe also work with 1.24 right?

Level 15
Well, I found the reason why I couldn't run the trigger editor. Apperently World editor is not supported with Windowsblinds 7 XD

Edit: Umswe also work with 1.24 right?

well i dont know does 1.24 support the UMSWE but you can choose EGUI which is 1.24 compatible or UMSWE which i guess is as well 1.24 compatible... however what i want to say is that you can choose only one of this!

Level 15
I can't get EGUI functions to work like Unit - fade.

i just went to test it, coz i thought it might have a bug!
however it works perfectly.

to make it work:

you must Enable EGUI!
go to main map script (your init trigger)
and add action: Custom Script: Enable EGUI

now use any custom EGUI features and enjoy!
note that it requires 1.24+ patch...

I don't think your allowed to edit JNGP..

You are however allowed to use Grimoire.

hmm... well basically JNGP is a group of tools and well Grimoire would be a main hack! overall i did not and "cant" or "dont know, dont have source code..." for Grimoire... anyway what i did is basically change scripts which WE calls... as well as Game itself and fixed that what i can.

added C Jass coz i was allowed to, since i asked, as well as tesh, JH...
i did not steal anything and there for i just added this files from JNGP which i rewrote...

well quickly to say it would be it, but i did not jet have any problems with anyone and no one said to me jet that i cant do "this or that"... so i hope it will stay that way.

Greets!
~DD

Level 14
i just went to test it, coz i thought it might have a bug!
however it works perfectly.

to make it work:

you must Enable EGUI!
go to main map script (your init trigger)
and add action: Custom Script: Enable EGUI

now use any custom EGUI features and enjoy!
note that it requires 1.24+ patch...

Didn't work.

Edit: Knockback didn't work either

Level 15
Didn't work.

Edit: Knockback didn't work either

hmm i really cant know what did u do wrong! but patch 1.24+ is requied, fully extracted JNGPS (i suggest new one 1.2)

and finally enabling egui!

you can send me the map ~via pastebin, if you are having problems with that map.

as well if any compile errors occured i need to know... i am sry but i just dont know what exactly the problem is unil i saw this myself.

ohh! as well plz make sure that you have 1.24b (beta), well not needed but in 1.24 y it can cause bugs! but this are by blizzard.

anyway i am interested in what exactly troubles you.

Level 15
does this work with vex's optimizer? :D

ofc it does! vex's optimizer simply optimizes code, by removing spaces and so on...

offtopic!
as well i forgot about ur request about this damage detection where you want to make unit invulnerable and that buff removing... ill do it quickly today u guess, however this JNGPS will make things far more easy for me... still if you cant dl it.. well i have no other choice. ill as well need to tell you that dynamic damage detection without system like this is not possible, so it will not be of top performances but you will still be able to play the game, on medium PC performances.

Level 3
Plz fix the statement about cJass updater on the download page as it's working fine now =)

I'd like to note that the latest cJass version is much more stable than the previous ones. Even more, a fully vjass-compatible release will be out soon.

Dark_Dragon said:
* PJass is requied by VJass and CJass
cJass has its own syntax checker so it doesn't need Pjass to work.

Level 15
Plz fix the statement about cJass updater on the download page as it's working fine now =)

I'd like to note that the latest cJass version is much more stable than the previous ones. Even more, a fully vjass-compatible release will be out soon.

cJass has its own syntax checker so it doesn't need Pjass to work.

ahh k i thought it uses pjass anyway that will be updated in credits as well! i updated the new version 1.2a which has this cjass stuff fixed + minor EGUI stuff.

Greets!
~DD

Level 15
thats the case! its coz you extracted JNGP Core to your warcraft iii folder! no u must extract it to warcraft iii\Jass NewGen Special and after extracting that core, now extract JNGPS files to warcraft iii folder, not Jass NewGen Special, do remember that!

JNGP Core to "\Warcraft III\Jass NewGen Special\"
JNGPS Files to "\Warcraft III\"

Level 9
Ehm sorry but it seems i have to report another bug, but ´im not shure if this one is as harmless as the picture thingy. Last time i used my normal JNGP i noticed that JNGPS mixed up with the normal JNGP. I think this won´t affect JASS and vJASS scripts but maybe GUI. I´ve had some serious problem like this in the past which caused unknown and strange problems. (Every map i submitted seemed to be broken and JNGP crashed when opening them). I also have access to the eGUI stuff but it says the functions are missing when i try to save it. //! import "ddup.j" is neither working cause the file can´t be found. Maybe this is caused by some registry hacks or something, i don´t know but i hope this can be fixed..

Sorry for the bad news
~TNT

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 119
Level 14
Compile error: call E_FadeUnit(GetEnteringUnit() , 3 , 10 , 100).

and on the init trigger I have Custom script: Enable EGUI. on

edit: however I don't have the beta patch but the offical one

Level 15
Ehm sorry but it seems i have to report another bug, but ´im not shure if this one is as harmless as the picture thingy. Last time i used my normal JNGP i noticed that JNGPS mixed up with the normal JNGP. I think this won´t affect JASS and vJASS scripts but maybe GUI. I´ve had some serious problem like this in the past which caused unknown and strange problems. (Every map i submitted seemed to be broken and JNGP crashed when opening them). I also have access to the eGUI stuff but it says the functions are missing when i try to save it. //! import "ddup.j" is neither working cause the file can´t be found. Maybe this is caused by some registry hacks or something, i don´t know but i hope this can be fixed..

Sorry for the bad news
~TNT

np its not a bug, and yeah its with registry and stuff! to fix that simply open JNGPS and disable EGUI from window menu! now close JNGPS and open JNGPS again! you should see that EGUI is disabled... now close JNGPS and open JNGP any version and enjoy!

once again if you want to make maps with EGUI, open JNGPS enable EGUI and restart the editor (JNGPS)... once done all in EGUI will work again.

please do note that if you already made maps with EGUI (i mean used any features that normal GUI does not have) you wont be able to open that map with normal GUI, thats why you should delete any EGUI features from the map before you shut down EGUI! if by any means you forgot to fix that, enable EGUI again and fix your map to have only GUI features. again shut down EGUI and you are done.

ohh and btw i am sure you are using JNGP coz u want to make it JNGP compatible! well as long as you dont use any new EGUI features JNGPS is fully compatible with JNGP v5d...

exept that you dont have RtC! if you need that, then yeah its not compatible.

in simple words, just disable EGUI and use JNGPS and it will be fully compatible with JNGP!
well ofc you should not import my librarys nor Enable EGUI coz its one the same... just dont Enable EGUI nor import my librarys and its compatible with JNGP v5c or v5d...

Compile error: call E_FadeUnit(GetEnteringUnit() , 3 , 10 , 100).

and on the init trigger I have Custom script: Enable EGUI. on

edit: however I don't have the beta patch but the offical one

reason why its happening is same as one Slaydon has or had!

simply make sure that JNGPS is extracted to Warcraft III folder and that JNGP Core is extracted to Warcraft III\Jass NewGen Special folder!

this are two different, anyway as well make sure that you run JNGPS editor not any other one...

once you do that problem will be fixed! reason why its giving u errors is coz you simply run wrong editor "not JNGPS one" so it cant find my librarys or you extracted it at wrong folder so it cant find the all of scripts it needs!

As well you first must extract JNGP Core and then after that JNGPS, when asked do you want to replace files say yes!

problem fixed! patch 1.24+ will work!

Level 15
I think, you'd better pack all your WE stuff into one mpq archive and load it (if needed) before WE starts. In such way you'll get rid of file manipulations and will be able to unpack to any folder.

"and load it (if needed)"

is stuff i am not sure how to do! i never used MPQ before so... if you find time to explain it would be cool!

EDIT: ok thanks for explaining! ill see what i can do!

Last edited:
Level 15
Dude, i get an error for EVERY single GUI Function!

yap! all is fixed now, 1.2b is out! so follow the installation instructions now and thats all! do not forget to follow uninstall instructions since you have 1.2a!

as well before testing anything make sure that JassHelper is enabled! once you run JNGPS editor 1.2b! see JassHelper menu and make sure that next button below it is enabled!

Level 14
thats the case! its coz you extracted JNGP Core to your warcraft iii folder! no u must extract it to warcraft iii\Jass NewGen Special and after extracting that core, now extract JNGPS files to warcraft iii folder, not Jass NewGen Special, do remember that!

JNGP Core to "\Warcraft III\Jass NewGen Special\"
JNGPS Files to "\Warcraft III\"

that worked thanks!

Level 15
What is cJass, like vJass with other features ?
Where can i find some documentation about it ?

cJass is an more like c++ language... it allows you to write more c++ like code.. as well cJass is very fast.

there is currently no documentation but Van Damm is working on the one which he will release for public.

there are overall examples and so... just go on JNGPS menu: C Jass\About... and enjoy :)

Level 15
If you want to see some few cJASS syntax examples i recommend to checkout the official cJASS site. From the things i´ve seen and done with cJASS i can just say that it´s one of the main purposes of cJASS is making coding a lot more comfortable. And thanks to DD for showing me the awesomeness of of cJASS =)

i think the same! cJass is really great and i think ill make my cJass spell pack, insted of vJass coz it just takes me a lot of time to write vJass!

i guess u know what i mean Thanathos! its just optional to write all that call, set... i mean why when this actions actually are ignore by jass after... it just takes extra time.

btw are all of bugs fixed now Thanathos? Warcraft Logo and this EGUI stuff u asked?

Level 9
Logo and eGUI is all fixed now^^
But i was thinking a bit about cJASS and i have some doubts it that it can cause some relatively serious errors... If cJASS becomes official people will ofc write their own libraries be cause of the nice macro function. But what is if you have to import 2 labraries from 2 different coders and there is some kinda 'Double-Define' ?
JASS:
//Somewhere in the library of guy A

define {void = takes nothing returns nothing}

//Somewhere in the library of guy B

define {void = nothing}
I know there is a private define feature but if you want to make your global libraries that you can use your macros in some other scrips and there is such a 'Double-Define' you will get some parsing errors.... And i think you know how stupid some people can be. Hope my explanation was not too bad...

Level 15
Logo and eGUI is all fixed now^^
But i was thinking a bit about cJASS and i have some doubts it that it can cause some relatively serious errors... If cJASS becomes official people will ofc write their own libraries be cause of the nice macro function. But what is if you have to import 2 labraries from 2 different coders and there is some kinda 'Double-Define' ?
JASS:
//Somewhere in the library of guy A

define {void = takes nothing returns nothing}

//Somewhere in the library of guy B

define {void = nothing}
I know there is a private define feature but if you want to make your global libraries that you can use your macros in some other scrips and there is such a 'Double-Define' you will get some parsing errors.... And i think you know how stupid some people can be. Hope my explanation was not too bad...

i am glade that bugs where fixed :)

about cJass! k well if you want that void!

Code:
define void = nothing
define fvoid = takes void returns void

now ur done!

i know that some people may want to make there own librarys! but they should make there defines private like you said! if not well then its same as in vjass textmacro!

just textmacros cant even be private...

so it would be like you said "bad" coding from some people :S

still if you do this:

Code:
//from someone
library lib
   define void = ...
endlibrary

//from u
scope inMyMapWhereIHaveThisScopeAndLibraryLibICanStillDoThis
   define private void = ...
endscope

however you should use librarys from only coders which are better then u... so yeah! i hope this will not cause problems xD

ohh as well if EGUI is enabled it will now be enabled only in JNGPS but not in JNGP v5d :)

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.