• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass NewGen Pack Special Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i guess u know what i mean Thanathos! its just optional to write all that call, set... i mean why when this actions actually are ignore by jass after... it just takes extra time.
Meh, i think it's irrelevant, and anyway you still have to mix jass2 and C coding styles.

I would use it for defines and some other candy eye stuff, but definitely not all.
I've the feeling that cJass would be used for personal codes only, not for shared ones.
But it's just my opinion.

Level 15
Meh, i think it's irrelevant, and anyway you still have to mix jass2 and C coding styles.

I would use it for defines and some other candy eye stuff, but definitely not all.
I've the feeling that cJass would be used for personal codes only, not for shared ones.
But it's just my opinion.

most likely yeah! well ill try to make campaign with cjass! for public ill see if i make few spells and thats all! i wont release not recode my current librarys in cjass coz it would be a pain... it has a lot of lines through.

anyway maybe ill make few spells and release it as cjass pack. it wont contain my library nor any other but only spells code. since cjass is so fast i dont need anything else...

Level 9
I would ask spell mods or a director before starting to make a cJASS pack. Maybe they say no and all the spells you make get rejected and you wasted a lot of time...I can remember we have talked about cJASS before and if im right you said that Poot also likes cJASS and it may becomes official on the hive... Any new information on that topic ?

Level 15
I would ask spell mods or a director before starting to make a cJASS pack. Maybe they say no and all the spells you make get rejected and you wasted a lot of time...I can remember we have talked about cJASS before and if im right you said that Poot also likes cJASS and it may becomes official on the hive... Any new information on that topic ?

thats true! he said he will after he tests it and he as well said EGUI might have a chance... however we should know that cJass is not jet 100% compatible with vJass, for that reason i have not jet said anything to PurplePoot... ill talk to him once cJass is fully compatible. currently i and Van Damm were testing cJass with my large librarys and seems that macros are still not fully compatible as well as //! external commands.

since thats the case and ofc ADOLF and Van Damm as well as me to... we want to add some more features to cJass until its fully compatible and released to public... i mean this cJass is still beta.

and yeah it would most likely not get approved until cJass would be official...

anyway ty for your concern :) i wont make cJass pack jet!

Level 3
We are going to release cJass to public only when it would be more stable and fully documented. I'm now working on stand-alone cJass Manual, it will be included to the package and available for download later this week. Adolf is now working to make cJass fully compatible with vJass.

Level 15
We are going to release cJass to public only when it would be more stable and fully documented. I'm now working on stand-alone cJass Manual, it will be included to the package and available for download later this week. Adolf is now working to make cJass fully compatible with vJass.

wow nice to hear all that! i am glade ADOLF already fixed that //! import stuff coz now my librarys compile 100% with //! import... still include would cause crash but thats why we (ADOLF) wont make it jet public, still need some small fixes and such :) looking forward to ur manual!

~DD

EDIT: Version 1.2c is out! Lightning stuff was requested so i released this sooner then i thought, anyway i wanted to wait for new JassHelper and 100% stable C Jass but actually i released this faster coz of request. anyway nothing bad will come from it...

Greets all!
~Dark Dragon

Last edited:
Level 10
i have a problem with it... its about the C jass... when I save it, the first thing that would show up is the C jass....... When it shows Parsing: .......... After a while, it would give me an error then after i click either of the two options (Send Error Report or Don't Send) jass helper would show up, then after that, when jass helper says: Executing commands.... it would rerun again and show C jass but it would not have any errors. My only problem is only at the first run of C jass where it would got an error. Is that error could affect my map?

Level 3
i have a problem with it... its about the C jass... when I save it, the first thing that would show up is the C jass....... When it shows Parsing: .......... After a while, it would give me an error then after i click either of the two options (Send Error Report or Don't Send) jass helper would show up, then after that, when jass helper says: Executing commands.... it would rerun again and show C jass but it would not have any errors. My only problem is only at the first run of C jass where it would got an error. Is that error could affect my map?

Are you using the latest cJass available? (for now it's 1.3.4.0) If not, then just run "Check for updates now" from cJass menu.

If there are still bugs, can you please send me your code or your map so I can find out, what's causing the crash?

Level 10
It says Cjass is up to date.. I would just like to clarify that that error does not do nothing onto my map? Thats only my question

Another additional thing for my bug report is that when I choose the new trigger
Unit - Any unit Event, jasshelper would give me a script error saying Index Error : (trigger code). But when I select the Unit - Generic Unit Event, its just normal. Is that trigger really readable by warcraft 3 engine? And why jasshelper declines it?

Thats the bugs i found for now, but i hope you could fix it.. thanks.... i am still developing my map and I hope i could find more bugs to fix at Jassnewgen Special.

EDIT:
My map is in full MUI with some jass spells....
My first trial of saving it does nothing, but when I try to import this Spell:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...075/?prev=search=bash%20knockback&d=list&r=20

It now gives me an error. I just first disable C jass but i don't disable C jass Optimizer....

Level 15
It says Cjass is up to date.. I would just like to clarify that that error does not do nothing onto my map? Thats only my question

Another additional thing for my bug report is that when I choose the new trigger
Unit - Any unit Event, jasshelper would give me a script error saying Index Error : (trigger code). But when I select the Unit - Generic Unit Event, its just normal. Is that trigger really readable by warcraft 3 engine? And why jasshelper declines it?

Thats the bugs i found for now, but i hope you could fix it.. thanks.... i am still developing my map and I hope i could find more bugs to fix at Jassnewgen Special.

EDIT:
My map is in full MUI with some jass spells....
My first trial of saving it does nothing, but when I try to import this Spell:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...075/?prev=search=bash%20knockback&d=list&r=20

It now gives me an error. I just first disable C jass but i don't disable C jass Optimizer....

no that cJass error wont cause any errors in your map, but what happens is that cJass crashes on some of features from vJass thats why cJass is still beta.

about that anyunit event thanks a lot for pointing it out it was me who first named that function with by DD and laiter removed it.. forgot to edit it in EGUI! v1.2d comming out today!

EDIT:

Please download 1.2d "Any Unit Event" is now fixed and once again thanks for telling me about this bug!

Greets!
~DD

EDIT: 1.2e fixed some few functions in EGUI which i found out and all have the same reason... i first made them that way and laiter change in jass but forget to change it in EGUI xD

k seems finally EGUI has no bugs, however if anyone finds any bug ill be glade to fix it, or any suggestions and i might add them.

Last edited:
Level 10
Thank you for the new version but I got a problem again...

When I launch World Editor... Cjass Must check for updates however instead of checking updates, it crashes in: Microsoft Runtime C++ Library Error......

I just disabled Cjass but it gives me an error.

Please fix it... thanks!

ScreenShot:

Attachments

• AHupdate Error.JPG
    AHupdate Error.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 123
Level 15
Thank you for the new version but I got a problem again...

When I launch World Editor... Cjass Must check for updates however instead of checking updates, it crashes in: Microsoft Runtime C++ Library Error......

I just disabled Cjass but it gives me an error.

Please fix it... thanks!

ScreenShot:

i see its cJass updater bug, i will report it and i hope they fix it.

i already fixed it in my JNGPS by recoding stuff... it seems that cJass updater again injected some code and i dont know why it crashed so i recoded stuff from my older version of JNGPS and now everything works again, i hope Van Damm fixes this bug with updater soon :S

download JNGPS 1.2f and it will be fixed, as well you can enable now C Jass and it will work :)

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Level 15
I have a little problem, My WC3 sound stoped working after I installed JNGPS. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.

Good job doing this btw :D

yeah most likely i would know what u mean, but this was an feature coz i did not like the sounds but however i am sure u can fix that by unchecking this:

untitled2bbq.jpg

i hope thats what u wanted and btw i am glade u like JNGPS!

@ Van Damm

ill update JNGPS yeah but it would be great if you could change strings directly coz if i do that they will just change whole the time xD its your tool AutoUpdater so i cant do anything other then change strings which will again be changed by tool...

it would be great if you could do that for JNGPS! thanks!

Level 15
Thanx, no idea how that 1 got to the recycle bin

k so i hope now is all fixed... maybe it got to recycle bin while u where updating my old version of JNGPS 1.2a to 1.2b+ coz well from then i included mpq rather then the boring files all around in WC3 folder... so during time when u where deleting files maybe u deleted that folder...

i hope its now fixed!

as well ty for quick help again Van Damm!

thanks for the updates, I hope this could be updated more to a useful one. I'll try my best to find bugs to be fixed :)

yeah please report if u find any bugs, thanks ;)

Level 10
CJass continue giving error.... When i am in the saving progress... after Jass Helper has finishes executing CJass, a dialog box will appear saying AdicHelper.......... Has encountered an error an needs to close, we're sorry for the inconvenience then when I choose an option, Cjass will continue. It always Happen at Parsing Function

Level 10
.... maybe its DD's Spell?
=-=-=-= Its the only spell that requires JNGPS and the others works fine....

Now.... Dark Dragon or any one else here.... Can I request for a Max Bash Spell [DotA] that is working with any version of warcraft? I am having problems with it when I play it on 1.20 or 1.23. My playmates cannot play my map because of the version of the spell. I know that Dark Dragon do it but if anyone or DD could help in making it compatible with any version.... Thanks!

I just really need it....

Level 11
Could you make the words "key", "hook" and things that stand in $$(including the $) bolded in TESH? I guess you are able to update it, after all. And these new vJASS things won't get highlited :/ (also maybe make the textmacro, endtextmacro, runtextmacro and object merger bolded? Would look pretty nice if you ask me)

Level 15
When i updated my JNGPS..... it now begins having errors.......

The Function: StunUnit (real seconds) is having problems... JassHelper says:

Undeclared Function: StunUnit (1.50)

Also for SlowUnit Function

Undeclared Function: SlowUnit (2,2)

k! this is coz u did not do Custom Script: Enable EGUI! please use this action (call it once at map startup)

about cJass thing i support cJass and JNGPS so as i tested cJass on my Max Bash it crashed as well, reason why is coz, well cJass is still beta and external calls do cause crashes... i belive VD told me that textmacros as well cause problems so thats the case, please for now disable C Jass coz its not needed to compile the spell.

Could you make the words "key", "hook" and things that stand in $$(including the $) bolded in TESH? I guess you are able to update it, after all. And these new vJASS things won't get highlited :/ (also maybe make the textmacro, endtextmacro, runtextmacro and object merger bolded? Would look pretty nice if you ask me)

will see what i can find on the net! i alone do not update and do not have right to update any part of JNGP except for this which i got permission, like TESH but from its main author ofc, else ill see if i can find external updates and update this one as well...

awesome, Egui got trackables now

they where requested, so...

Last edited:
Level 11
will see what i can find on the net! i alone do not update and do not have right to update any part of JNGP except for this which i got permission, like TESH but from its main author ofc, else ill see if i can find external updates and update this one as well...

I hope that someone will update it. The last few updates were unofficial, too. But in this version, GetSpellTargetX and Y are still not highlited, aswell the few things I've said. :/

Level 15
I hope that someone will update it. The last few updates were unofficial, too. But in this version, GetSpellTargetX and Y are still not highlited, aswell the few things I've said. :/

yeah i know ill try to find out about unofficial updates coz yeah as you said main author stopped updating some time now...

Last edited:
Level 15
Uh, when I use JNPGS, the whole list with Handle ID's are removed?

http://i34.tinypic.com/54vfar.png

picture

yeah i knew about that and well i found it a mess with all handle funcs to be there so i just made an a custom script to make it look more clear.

however if you really need it ill try to fix that, i mean fix... well add it as blizzard did. through i did not yet check how did they code that but i guess it would take me few minutes to find out so its not like i cant add it if you really need it. just so u know u can always store smth in variable and then simply insert that variable if you dont know jass for example:

• Set MyVar = Some Unit...
  • Set MyInt = Handle Id(Custom Script: udg_MyVar)
but as i said i can add this if you really want, so ill add it in my new large update JNGPS 1.3 which i am working on.

Greets!
~DD

Level 3
cJass manual is also ready and is now in closed spell-checking beta. It will be available for public tomorrow, I think. If ADOLF manages to fix one small thing in AdicHelper till that time, 1.4 stable will be released the same day, else it will be released later this week.

Hope you enjoy our work =)

Level 15
dunno what's the reason, because updated TESH does everything old TESH did and more. So why do you want to switch between them?

well by default your cJass tesh will be enabled but users will be able to disable it if for some reason they dont want cJass keywords bolded... ofc i see no point to much in it but giving an option never hurts ;)

well it just took me time to make it optinal as you said but if by any means vJass TESH gets updates or smth maybe some people will want to switch with this two TESHS, thats what i thought and because i like to make cJass has a lot of options. Making cJass has its own TESH looks really cool, i mean at least to me :)

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Level 15
@dansaDisco

i have been checking that handle stuff and what i found out is that its not my bug but NGWE one! for some reason it seems that using worldedit121.exe insted of worldedit.exe causes that bug! now i dont belive NGWE will ever again see update like v6 or smth like that, so i cant help it! but what i can do is for example conversion from unit to handle so it will be one-extra click but it will all be sorted and even better looking then blizzards one. so if you are interested i can implement that!

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Level 16
@dansaDisco

i have been checking that handle stuff and what i found out is that its not my bug but NGWE one! for some reason it seems that using worldedit121.exe insted of worldedit.exe causes that bug! now i dont belive NGWE will ever again see update like v6 or smth like that, so i cant help it! but what i can do is for example conversion from unit to handle so it will be one-extra click but it will all be sorted and even better looking then blizzards one. so if you are interested i can implement that!

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Oh I see, well that's not too shocking ;P
That'd be fine.

Yeah blizzards' is quite messy indeed ^^

Thanks for taking your time :3

Status
Not open for further replies.