• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Castle 1.9.4

OFFICIAL TRAILER

For a completely correct game, version 1.26 is recommended.

It is necessary to play on the classic graphics!!!

INFORMATION

CREDITS

INFORMATION

The map is a rather complex quest RPG. It will be necessary to overcome many challenges and riddles to get to the final goal. You can play as one (control three heroes at once), or in cooperative mode.
The player will have to control three heroes, each of whom has a set of skills necessary to pass the tests. Each skill is important, so it is advisable to carefully read the description of each skill at the beginning of the game.

Approximate time of passage: 2-4 hours

FROM THE AUTHOR:
"I am completely satisfied with the result. The map turned out the way I intended it. Almost all the ideas have been implemented. I have been particularly attentive to almost all aspects of the map (decor, hints, puzzles, enemies, skills, etc.).
I hope that the players will like the map! And I will be very grateful to those who not only play this card, but also leave their comments or feedback. Negative reviews and criticism are also very welcome."

CREDITS

Important Note: If you see your resource used in my map, but not in the credit list, please tell me and I will add you here.

Music
Atrium Carceri - Ego Death
Atrium Carceri & Cities Last Broadcast - Prepare the Stage of Night
David Chas - Legions Are Marching
Rok Nardin - Where is Your God Now

Models
WARCRAFT MODELS, Bergi, LongbowMan, sleep, FEARSTARTER, TassAvadar, Vinz

Translation
Laplas
Contents

The Castle 1.9.4 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A creative old-school Warchasers type RPG having scripted puzzles and boss fights with lovely terrain atmosphere and an overlapping makeshift story. Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site. Pretty sure you're using some made for Unity.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by The Castle 1.9.4
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Also, hope it's in English, since the screenshots are in Russian or some Cyrillic based language. Bilingual maps are allowed.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 5
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site. Pretty sure you're using some made for Unity.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by The Castle 1.9.4
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Also, hope it's in English, since the screenshots are in Russian or some Cyrillic based language. Bilingual maps are allowed.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Added credits. The map uses English.

Level 5
Castle got very nice terrain, puzzles and useful tips. But map is too dark and battle part is way too hard, only 3 lives!
Unfortunatly I can't finish it.
Hello. Thanks for the comment.
About complexity. The map is complex, not casual right. But it was my idea. Try to save more often, then you will be able to go through the whole.
About the darkness ... I will keep in mind, but initially the map was even darker.
Where did you stop?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Heroes are selected during cinematic mode.
The maze terrain is tad monotonous.
Disintegration of Undead heals Magic Cubes.
Breaking the two red generators didn't bring the red magic wall down to get to the golem. Maybe I did something wrong.
Keys could be integers/boleans (rune items) to avoid using 1 inventory slot.
Not sure if intended but you can use the portal staves to bypass the spikes traps after the teleportation cube puzzle, just by using the Shaman and the Jump ability.
Some issue with the magic cube respawn. Happened when I stepped on the switch immediately after the cube was destroyed/when it was recreating itself:
theCastle01.pngtheCastle02.png

A creative old-school Warchasers type RPG having scripted puzzles and boss fights with lovely terrain atmosphere and an overlapping makeshift story.

Approved.

Last edited:
Level 5
deepstrasz, thank you for comment and rating!
Heroes are selected during cinematic mode.
The maze terrain is tad monotonous.
I 'll take it into account
Disintegration of Undead heals Magic Cubes.
Will be fixed in the new version
Breaking the two red generators didn't bring the red magic wall down to get to the golem. Maybe I did something wrong.
You need to destroy 3! red generators.
Keys could be integers/boleans (rune items) to avoid using 1 inventory slot.
I'll think about it
Not sure if intended but you can use the portal staves to bypass the spikes traps after the teleportation cube puzzle, just by using the Shaman and the Jump ability.
In theory, there should not be such a thing, since there are passage blockers there

Level 2
I really like the map. Nice characters, puzzles and fights, especially the characters and how the different abilities work together to solve the puzzles.

Unfortunately i'm stuck at the Necronomicon puzzle.
I found the second pedestal and even the third, but i don't find a way to get the other characters over there except the shaman. What am i supposed to do with the two switches on the floor? Looks like i have to step on both to activate something, but how with only one character? The statues are immobile although they are highlighted when i use the dispell magic ability. Teleporting, items and monsters do not work. Any hints?

Level 5
I found the second pedestal and even the third, but i don't find a way to get the other characters over there except the shaman. What am i supposed to do with the two switches on the floor? Looks like i have to step on both to activate something, but how with only one character? The statues are immobile although they are highlighted when i use the dispell magic ability. Teleporting, items and monsters do not work. Any hints?

Thanks for the comment. There is an inconspicuous platform in the water where the shaman can jump.

Level 5
I'm also stucked on the same part as Caliom... maybe I'm dumb or just tired, but I couldn't find this platform you are talking about. 😭
Thank you for comment.
There is a place in the water where you can jump. You need to call the bridge, cross the heroes and then return for the necronomicon. The shaman will be able to cross without a bridge

Level 2
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thank you! 😂 🥲 Now I know.

I had to read that 3 times, think carefully and finally it hit me. This one is a bit mischievous. I was doing great but putting the book on the wrong pedestal. ☠️
Congratulations. I'm happy to hear that someone passed that part :goblin_good_job:. I'm still stuck. :goblin_cry:
I can jump with the shaman into the water and then to the plattform on the right. For the other characters to pass i have to call a bridge, right?
bridge.png

I took the necronomicon with the shaman and put it on the next pedestal, which calls a bridge to the north which leads me to the following two switches on the floor. Here i am stuck.
Standing on a single switch doesn't seem to activate anything, and i don't find a way to activate both at the same time with only a single character.
switches.png

Level 5
Congratulations. I'm happy to hear that someone passed that part :goblin_good_job:. I'm still stuck. :goblin_cry:
I can jump with the shaman into the water and then to the plattform on the right. For the other characters to pass i have to call a bridge, right?
View attachment 447219
I took the necronomicon with the shaman and put it on the next pedestal, which calls a bridge to the north which leads me to the following two switches on the floor. Here i am stuck.
Standing on a single switch doesn't seem to activate anything, and i don't find a way to activate both at the same time with only a single character.
View attachment 447220
😊
1. Place the book on the first pedestal next to the place from where it fell out
2. Transfer warrior and mechanic to the other side (see your first screen)
3. Take a book and go to the other side using a teleport

Level 5
Thank you for comment!

How did you get the lighting to be like this? It's so atmospheric!
It's a long story to tell, but I tried very hard)
The balance of the combat encounters is A+. I'm getting my ass kicked but I've been feeling like I can win if I play well every time.
It's a complicated map. I don't like it when it's too easy. I hope the difficulty won't discourage you from passing.