• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Zephyr Challenge #2 Poll

Which is the best 'Divine' Spell?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
The Zephyr Challenge #2 has been ended and it has been time to vote for a winner!

The voting

In order to prevent voting for your favorite user or friend here, you will need to rate specific things on the spell you'd pick.
You also need to tell us why you choosed this spell.

These are :

• The Spell idea [ 1-5/5 ]
The spell should be original, not yet another Divine Shield.

• Interest [ 1-5/5 ]
If your spell is attractive, either because of the gameplay, eye candy or fun.

• Coding [ 1-5/5 ]
It is important that the code of your spell is clean. For example a JASS spell should be multiinstanceable as locals are accessible. GUI users should have used custom scripts to fix up leaks.

You shall need to rate the spell on a scale of 5 on these three subjects.

Failing to give good reasons why you voted for a certain spell shall make your vote invalid.
Contestants are also allowed to vote but not for their own spell.
You need at least 30 POSTS to make your vote count.

The Spells

Jacek Smite

HyperActive Heavenly Impact

UchihaSasuke.gr Divine Spell

Confucioussay Resonating Purity

kingofJasons Holy Redemption

1)ark_NiTe Holy Conversion

Gost Holy Plague

Zwan Convert Faith

xXMephistoXx Holy Redemption

Katu Divine Call

Diablo-dk Spiritual Bond

kingofjunk Purify Spirits

ihatecapslock Greater Sanctuary

rulerofiron99 Divine Divinity

wyrmlord Redemption Aura

Dalaran_Guard Heaven's Tears

UnMi Event Rejection

The poll shall end at 1 june.
This because we have many contestants and I would like to grant the members enough time to check out every spell (if they prefer).

I want to appologize myself for any bad english.

Good luck, and may the best win.
~- Heero

Last edited:
Level 18
My Vote is for Redemption Aura by Wyrmlord

Spell Idea: 4/5

Interest: 4/5

Coding: 5/5

Praise: I believe that he demonstrated superb talent with this all-JASS spell and that the idea was completely original and unique. The trigger comments are also very user-friendly and easy to comprehend.

Criticism: I think the dying unit should not be removed before the Resurrection effect reaches down to it. Also, the tool-tips are inconsistent with the actual values of the spell.

Close-calls:

Heaven's Tears and Holy Plague

Last edited:
Level 14
Diablo-dk is most likely to get my vote, although I went through the half of the spells only...

edit: actually I won't give any vote, because I don't like posting my reasons based on these three categories, and it would be very offensive to some people (I would comment badly one of the "best-made" spells)

Level 5
edit: actually I won't give any vote, because I don't like posting my reasons based on these three categories, and it would be very offensive to some people (I would comment badly one of the "best-made" spells)
Critisism is never offensive as long as it stays constructive. If you can't be constructive, then yea, better not say anything.

Level 3
my vote goes to Jacek's spell

Spell idea: 3/5
Interest: 5/5
Coding: 5/5 (I couldn't find any important leaks)

Overall, quite cool spell

Level 2
dunno if it's just me, but I'm getting an error on the main thread, all the tables for spells are not displaying properly.

Level 1
I voted 1)ark_NiTe.

Spell Idea - 5/5

Intrest - 4/5

Coding - 4/5

Interesting spell, It could be Helpful. The Ascending idea is awesome!

Level 5
I wish I could vote too, if only the links were not messed up like that...
(How did all those people vote when the links are like gone anyway? By checking the old thread again or...)
Besides, some of the comments have less meaning than -no comments-.

Level 14
I wish I could vote too, if only the links were not messed up like that...
(How did all those people vote when the links are like gone anyway? By checking the old thread again or...)
Besides, some of the comments have less meaning than -no comments-.
Because people vote on nicks, not on spells. I would like to see one day a contest, where all spells are anonymous (Spell #1, Spell #2, Spell #3), and authors are revealed after the votings

Level 12
Yup same here:
Error-1.jpg

Level 5
My vote clearly goes to Diablo-DK.
Althought it's still a little bit buggy, the spell idea itself is one that would amuse you while being creative at the same time. I was quite amazed by the way how it would counterbalance the two units if they are running, just like a rope.
Not to mention that this is indeed something you can call "true protection", unlike some other spells which are just some rip offs of (INSERT A BASIC WC3 ABILITY) plus some additional random stuff that would be trying to hide it.
Therefore
Spell Idea: 5/5
Coding: 4/5
The closest call would be wyrmlord's one, but I didn't see it as too innovative...
Oh yea, have you guys tried Diablo's spell before voting for uh, let's say Jacek?
--Constructive Critisism--
Jacek's Spell:
Idea: 0/5
Coding :3/5
C'mon, an AoE heal and Ressurection in one (2 unchanged base WC3 abilities...)? Where is the idea?
Nevertheless, it has to be very useful, and it does look nice and all.
However, the coding wasn't too effecient for spending 3/4 of the whole trigger for the eye candy (oh right, there is nothing to code about the effect).

Level 4
FrostyisdaKing, you registered only to vote darknite?

I havent decided yet whom to vote. Will have to check the spells again and then make up my mind.

no, i registered here because i'm a mapmaker and this is the "new wc3sear" site. And as such i may need resources and tips. It was by chance that I was checking out the forums, playing around etc... and i decided to check out this contest and i made my vote on whos was the best. i don't do a whole lot of chat in forums such as these though.... But now that i'm registered if I ever need help i'll post here. :)

Well, my vote was wyrmlord for a good reason though:

Spell Idea:
4/5 - The spell idea seemed quite nice

Interest:
4/5 - I had great interest in seeing the spell

Coding: 5/5 - The coding was magnificent and simplified, though elseifs are better than:
Code:
    if <cond> then
    //Actions
    endif
    if <cond> then
    //Actions

Gj wyrmlord! :smile:
</cond></cond>

Level 18
I would just like to say that people should check out all (or most) of the spells before voting (for the only one that they looked at.)

Considering that I have only had 8 views, 1 being my own, and there have been 20 votes, I have had less than half of the voters view my spell.
This is extremely annoying! Give my spell, and everyone else's that is not Wyrmlord, a chance.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yeah, I don't think the average person would take the time to look at all the spells - it would take a while. What's dissapointing is people just seem to be voting/looking at modders that they know such as wyrmlord or Jacek.

Therefor I don't think I have a chance.

Level 6
I would just like to say that people should check out all (or most) of the spells before voting (for the only one that they looked at.)

Considering that I have only had 8 views, 1 being my own, and there have been 20 votes, I have had less than half of the voters view my spell.
This is extremely annoying! Give my spell, and everyone else's that is not Wyrmlord, a chance.

I think the the whole contest had boring idea. Divine spell doesnt really give much chance to make totally differend spells than others. Thats why Even i didnt bother to look every spell. But I hope next contest has better idea so there would be some variety...

Level 1
i vote for UchihaSasuke.gr,i think it's a good spell and it can surely be used on AoS maps...here is my rating!

Spell Idea 5/5
Interest4/5
Coding(it's in GUY right???Well few leaks if i am right)4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.