• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favorite Arkain abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hmm. A hard question. Most favourite ability. All them auras are real good, but what I really love is spell breaker´s spellsteal thingy.
Enemies cursing you, crippling you, slowing you, polymorphing you and they just phuuh and now the enemy is cursed. Love that thing.
Too bad we don´t get to use them in the second human book.

Level 5
Cora's Flood, Merlon's Thunderstorm, Salana's Starfall, van Durce's Divine Justice, Scarlett's Avenge.. those are my favorites cuz they wipe out large amounts of enemy units.

Level 22
Brian's shadow corruption, Gardon's war aura, Harmos' Fire Golem, The banisher's healing wave.
You stun them, make them miss their attacks frequently, if you have enough banishers you fully heal all the damage they did to you and with that war aura your units hit them like a truck.
Sadly you can only use this combo in 2 missions, but it's great.
Also Sasrogarn's lightning shield. Yep, i actually like the ability, i'm completely honest. :p

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Angelics holy smite. I just smite things. Thats all I do. If I could smite buildings, i'd do that too :p

Level 7
All the auras are definitely useful. It's a shame we can never combine all the auras together, because cold aura + endurance aura + command aura + precision aura + war aura + devotion aura (to take only auras from 2nd human book heroes) must be completely broken and quite fun. The war aura is definitely the most powerful one.

Cora's Flood is fantastic, and doing massive damage to dozen of enemy units with it is awesome. Starfall and other similar abilities of Merlon and Van Durce are cool also.

But otherwise my preferred ability is the holy light of the paladins. I'd prefer if it could be automated so I wouldn't have to micro, but it makes the paladins absolute beasts, rivalling destructors in overall usefulness. They can take massive damage and heal it all away while killing the enemy. This makes me kinda sad for the fate of the paladins during this stupid interhuman war.

The reveal of Arcane towers also rank as one of my preferred abilities, it is incredibly useful.

I tried to think of a "not very useful but fun/cool" ability, but I could not really remember any.

Level 20
The old Dark Secrets was by far my most favorite one other than that i guess Avenge,Starfall,Divine justice,War aura, Rahandir,s meteor ability(Can't remember the name),Krom's healing ability and Fleshtearer's old nuke ability (i think i did smth like 900 dmg)...Maybe this is not exactly an ability but Ranguls passive healing is nasty as well.

As for unit abilities:Necrolyte chain lightnining,Warlock Fireball(thank the heavens for this...We get to wreck the paladins)
Defenders passive damage block ability was a neat one as well,Hydromancers waterwave and haste,executioners cleave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.