1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Your favorite Arkain abilities!

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, May 8, 2018.

1. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Share and discuss your favorite Arkain abilities!
    Doesn't matter if it is a unit or a hero ability, it can also be a passive ability like War Aura!

2. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm. A hard question. Most favourite ability. All them auras are real good, but what I really love is spell breaker´s spellsteal thingy.
    Enemies cursing you, crippling you, slowing you, polymorphing you and they just phuuh and now the enemy is cursed. Love that thing.
    Too bad we don´t get to use them in the second human book.

3. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cora's Flood, Merlon's Thunderstorm, Salana's Starfall, van Durce's Divine Justice, Scarlett's Avenge.. those are my favorites cuz they wipe out large amounts of enemy units.

4. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Brian's shadow corruption, Gardon's war aura, Harmos' Fire Golem, The banisher's healing wave.
    You stun them, make them miss their attacks frequently, if you have enough banishers you fully heal all the damage they did to you and with that war aura your units hit them like a truck.
    Sadly you can only use this combo in 2 missions, but it's great.
    Also Sasrogarn's lightning shield. Yep, i actually like the ability, i'm completely honest. :p

5. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Angelics holy smite. I just smite things. Thats all I do. If I could smite buildings, i'd do that too :p

6. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Flood is my fav arkain spell but auras are my fav as well

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    War Aura
    Thunderstorm
    Flood
    Avenge (this skill hurts A LOT)
    Justice (van Durce channel style)

8. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Re-opened.

9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd say Corruption Aura is an interesting one as well.

10. buyingcoats

buyingcoats

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not as useful since healing salves are back in the same chapter but Grella's healing aura is so nice

11. Nayala

Nayala

Resources:
    Resources:
    All the auras are definitely useful. It's a shame we can never combine all the auras together, because cold aura + endurance aura + command aura + precision aura + war aura + devotion aura (to take only auras from 2nd human book heroes) must be completely broken and quite fun. The war aura is definitely the most powerful one.

Cora's Flood is fantastic, and doing massive damage to dozen of enemy units with it is awesome. Starfall and other similar abilities of Merlon and Van Durce are cool also.

But otherwise my preferred ability is the holy light of the paladins. I'd prefer if it could be automated so I wouldn't have to micro, but it makes the paladins absolute beasts, rivalling destructors in overall usefulness. They can take massive damage and heal it all away while killing the enemy. This makes me kinda sad for the fate of the paladins during this stupid interhuman war.

The reveal of Arcane towers also rank as one of my preferred abilities, it is incredibly useful.

I tried to think of a "not very useful but fun/cool" ability, but I could not really remember any.

12. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    The old Dark Secrets was by far my most favorite one other than that i guess Avenge,Starfall,Divine justice,War aura, Rahandir,s meteor ability(Can't remember the name),Krom's healing ability and Fleshtearer's old nuke ability (i think i did smth like 900 dmg)...Maybe this is not exactly an ability but Ranguls passive healing is nasty as well.

As for unit abilities:Necrolyte chain lightnining,Warlock Fireball(thank the heavens for this...We get to wreck the paladins)
    Defenders passive damage block ability was a neat one as well,Hydromancers waterwave and haste,executioners cleave.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Rahandir's Fist of Ice wrecks.