• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh i dont know if you have realised it but if you go to the units section of your website the hawker hurricane has like 4 times as much hp as eny of the other planes... i dont know if its on purpose but to me it is just a little strange.

That is certainly not the correct value, lol! Well spotted!
I can't remember, but i think the hurricane has a hp of around 80-85, so it is somewhat stronger than the others (although certainly not as strong as it says now!).

@Wowwars and everyone else:

Next beta test is this saturday at 20.00 CET, as usual. I will put a notice up in the beta forums.

Level 22
That is certainly not the correct value, lol! Well spotted!
I can't remember, but i think the hurricane has a hp of around 80-85, so it is somewhat stronger than the others (although certainly not as strong as it says now!).

@Wowwars and everyone else:

Next beta test is this saturday at 20.00 CET, as usual. I will put a notice up in the beta forums.

I will >try< to attend.

Level 5
it would be awesome if italy had its own armor:thumbs_up: right now they are almost a copy of germany.

Thanks to gentlemen from Blizzard for limiting multiplayer map size to 8mB.
So modding community is pretty screwed with making better maps...

Fingolfin said:
BTW, i think it is about time to post another activity report, lol!

I think so. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 19
Hopefully there's some way around it, it's a good thing I heard from some sources that a patch's coming up that might just have that size limit boost, so yeah, it could help Fin a lot.

Level 22
Hopefully there's some way around it, it's a good thing I heard from some sources that a patch's coming up that might just have that size limit boost, so yeah, it could help Fin a lot.

It could help, 4,000 Warcraft 3 mappers including me, though I doubt Blizzard will continue updating WC3, onto to Starcraft they go.

I'm surprised no one actually modded WC3 and added some better features. Such as a larger size limit.

Level 19
There was a mod, but in order to get that file size increase, you'd need to play with people who have downloaded the same program as well, so it's a little troublesome.

Level 5
Miss_Foxy said:
There was a mod, but in order to get that file size increase, you'd need to play with people who have downloaded the same program as well, so it's a little troublesome.

Wouldn't be a big problem if there's a group of people who really wants to play something.

But of course "something" must be worth such an effort.

Level 19
With the recent Blizzard/Hive rule changing to allow the use of other exports, would there be changes to this game as well?
Although the current look seems alright to me:)

I am sorry everyone, but i completely forgot to tell you - something came up and neither me nor Vuorma will be able to host the beta tonight, and it has therefore been canceled. I am sorry if anyone of you have been up waiting the last 45 minutes for it although i assure you - we are currently preparing for the release of open beta, so you might not even have to wait for next weekend test!

Level 19
The new rules are that resources from other Blizzard games (World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, Diablo III, etc.) can be imported into the current maps,
whether it helps out WW2 or not (Although I'd prefer original work),
it's still rather beneficial so I was wondering if things like sounds (Gunshots, etc.) might be up to this as well.

Level 5
Oh well, that sounds great, finally! we're about to see this masterpiece soon!
I hope you guys enjoy your own project, Im pretty sure whole W3 community will be grateful for making such an advanced WW2 map. (I've just played some WW2 map, really. Nightmare comparing to your map).
Im tracking this forum since the thread was started, and that message made me impatient lol... Damn you Fingolfin and Vuormalainen!

01af6c59-9c2d-11e0-95fe-b7252840e171.jpg

Level 5
Im aware of such things when it comes to open beta, played many of them already.
It's cool to know that it's nearly done though. I wish you best luck in further mapping lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.