• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wow rips?

Level 7
Last time I logged in wow rips were not allowed. Just curious why the change?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Just use the search engine more, less solvable questions, better gain.

Level 7
Just use the search engine more, less solvable questions, better gain.

This did not answer the question I was looking for. I should have been more specific.

it's like 50 gigs of models that's 50x bigger than the actual game, but i didn't show off everything obviously, this is an example of what I have not even the tip of the iceberg, is truly THAT much.

Is this stuff I have allowed?

Last edited:
Level 41
it's like 50 gigs of models that's 50x bigger than the actual game, but i didn't show off everything obviously, this is an example of what I have not even the tip of the iceberg, is truly THAT much.

Is this stuff I have allowed?
yes, do it, crash the ported models section with no survivors, that's the only way they'll learn

Rui

Rui

Level 41
One slight correction: Blizzard-game ported models are allowed, e.g. anything (properly) ported from StarCraft, World of Warcraft, Diablo. The logic is Blizzard's unlikely to sue itself because models they made (albeit for their other games) appear in Warcraft III.

However, other companies might sue if they see their models in Warcraft III. I believe ported models from other games are still forbidden.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I believe ported models from other games are still forbidden.
"Submission of resources consisting of or containing large parts of (a ported resource) material (not from Warcraft 3) made by an external entity (e.g. Blizzard, other game companies, asset libraries, etc.) must be submitted to the appropriate "Ported Models/Skins/etc" section.
  • Don't forget to give attribution to the original maker of the modified resource. Read more about attribution in the section emphasizing 'contributing members must be added'.
  • For ported resources, the submitter is not expected to live up to rules regarding original work or any sort of free-hand as long as the resource is submitted to the appropriate "Ported" section."

Level 7
yes, do it, crash the ported models section with no survivors, that's the only way they'll learn
Also, I also have some VERY old projects that are near impossible to find like Dawn of Chaos and Scars of Conflict and a few more. These ARE NOT my works but because of the rarity to the models and project if anyone needs them just lmk.

One slight correction: Blizzard-game ported models are allowed, e.g. anything (properly) ported from StarCraft, World of Warcraft, Diablo. The logic is Blizzard's unlikely to sue itself because models they made (albeit for their other games) appear in Warcraft III.

However, other companies might sue if they see their models in Warcraft III. I believe ported models from other games are still forbidden.
Yes these are ALL properly imported, i been doing this for decades just doing it underground just watch the video to see. EVERY model is made with quality and took HOURS to get them to play to warcraft 3 standards, ill make new videos and show off other models as well (maybe hots models this time). Check out the animation's death effects glow everything... I understand the Hives level of quality within their models are ( I downloaded plenty of them) and these fit that description if not excel, I am sure of it. These are the absolute best rips from these games, you can't find better.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
"Submission of resources consisting of or containing large parts of (a ported resource) material (not from Warcraft 3) made by an external entity (e.g. Blizzard, other game companies, asset libraries, etc.) must be submitted to the appropriate "Ported Models/Skins/etc" section.
  • Don't forget to give attribution to the original maker of the modified resource. Read more about attribution in the section emphasizing 'contributing members must be added'.
  • For ported resources, the submitter is not expected to live up to rules regarding original work or any sort of free-hand as long as the resource is submitted to the appropriate "Ported" section."
I stand corrected. As it turns out, the decision wasn't publicly announced. I was starting to believe I had participated in a heated debate and forgotten all about it. Good ol' Zeratrusta not senile after all, lucky me! :plol:

Yes these are ALL properly imported
That is good. The rules do say they have to be functional in Wc3, so it is implied they must be edited, and not a direct rip.

Level 11
That project is one of the oldest I can remember, this was back in 07 if I remember correctly maybe even before. I was never a part of this project, so I have no real information on the reason it faded away. I have the MPQ file where you can play where they left off. There was even a cool cinematic to the game, I was so sad when this game faded.

Here is a 5-minute video of that cinematic I mentioned ( :goblin_cry: uploaded 16 years ago :goblin_cry: )

Some gameplay here
man felt like it had potential :/ sad that it didnt come to be

Level 7
man felt like it had potential :/ sad that it didnt come to be
It did, they had custom voices, art, sounds, everything to make it feel like an entirely new game. Even the game mechanics were different when playing, you had to build next to a path (like WCI) They worked hard on this imagine if they kept at it 16 years later.

Level 11
It did, they had custom voices, art, sounds, everything to make it feel like an entirely new game. Even the game mechanics were different when playing, you had to build next to a path (like WCI) They worked hard on this imagine if they kept at it 16 years later.
wc1 remaster would have been a bless to bring the outdated game to much more modern standards

Level 11
some of the projects you mentioned may already be uploaded in this thread like the Dawn of War one