• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

when the map section will....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
general speaking as people will figure it out eventually but it would be alot more simpler for reviewers to point out details

Looking at how at the map section only I and -Kobas- are currently reviewing (I think) there simply isn't the time to write extremely long detailed reviews.

I review the map, write only the main things, the rating wouldn't change if I wrote longer reviews anyway.

Level 24
In that review of Last Stand of Dalaran there's a link to the following "review" in the moderator's comment box:
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a quest menu
- Has a multiboard

Negative features:

- Could use more heroes
- We were pretty much unable to kill a single hero that attacked the base, I think it needs some balance
- Terrain could use some work
- Lacks original spells

Additional Information / Conclusion:

In short, it is quite an interesting map, but it needs more work.

Rating: 3/5
Vote for: Approved
Now, what I wonder: Is this a fucking joke? "Has a quest menu", "Has a multiboard", "unable to kill a single hero [...] needs some balance".
If this is what the map section has become, then I wonder why you haven't merged with epicwar yet.

Level 22
In that review of Last Stand of Dalaran there's a link to the following "review" in the moderator's comment box:

Now, what I wonder: Is this a fucking joke? "Has a quest menu", "Has a multiboard", "unable to kill a single hero [...] needs some balance".
If this is what the map section has become, then I wonder why you haven't merged with epicwar yet.

Let's face it, there are little to no people ready to write the huge reviews like they were in the past.
If huge reviews would be required, then the map section would probably just not have any reviewers left except for 2 or 3.
Additionally, either I write 1 line or 1 page, the rating will be the same.

Level 17
Just putting this out there, I sometimes do this when I'm bored.
I'll admit I'm not great at it but it's something fun to do when I want to pass time.

And from what I'm reading I will have to agree with Linaze and Deolrin here, if you are gonna play someone's map to see if it is good then give a proper review. A few lines won't really help anyone, and it'll just waste time.

Once again we don't have time to write huge detailed reviews.
As you can see we just check if map has quality to be approved or doesn't.
Good ones that are suggested as recommend or highly recommend are checked by me as well.

I don't like this either but face it there are 200+ pending maps, I can't spare 1 hour to write review for each one, ask model or skin moderator does he links tutorials, post 10 page long suggestion list, work on resource himself to show user how it can be improved etc etc.

Linaze and you Deolrin just stop with such posts and comments, you didn't say nothing new that we didn't already know. Each day users upload 10 maps, half are poor quality (Maybe we should review them as well), 4 are on border and maybe only 1 good that require our attention.

As I already said if user want detailed review he can request it, if he just want to see his map approved I will just check author name, does map contain broken/stolen resources, triggers, green icons, and maybe a little from gameplay, just to see how map looks like.

If you hate this system so much start writing reviews yourself.

Level 22
What you call 'decent' or 'good' would definitely count as terrible and rejection-material in my books.
And seriously, Ironside didn't write a review. He pointlessly listed things that the map has and doesn't have, and made a very strange sort of 'points system' based on how many things the map has or hasn't.

You're wrong, the text I write has nothing to do with my rating.
I just came up with the shortest possible way to point out the bad & good points.
The rating comes from what I test, not what I write.

Level 23
If anything, a preliminary report by users judging whether or not a map is worthy of approval can be used.

Basically what Ironside did, excpet there is only emphasis on the bare minimum that exists or does not.
And of course it doesnt actually rate as a "review"

Level 22
Then WTF is the point of writing a review(if you can even call that a review) either way?
If you write a review, you're supposed to point out the things you enjoyed or didn't enjoy during testing, not randomly pointing out features and other things that the map has or doesn't have.

Because we absolutely must write something in order to even be able to be marked as a review.

Do you think anyone would mark it if I wrote nothing else but Voting for approval, 3/5 ?

And as said before, if longer reviews will be needed, even the last few reviewers will stop, and the map section will die completely.

Level 23
Like I said earlier, Users can write simple preliminary writeups to judge whether or not a map is even approve worthy.
These should not be used to rate a map, especially mod rating.

From there others users/mods can work with a smaller pool of maps deemed to be "worthy" and write more indepth reviews.

Level 49
That's not a thing that Ralle has to do.
A change in the community and understand of the map section must change in order to transfer to a better map moderation system.
For example, people should stop calling a rating + a few random points a "review". And moderators should only consider the good and detailed reviews in their moderation.

Level 22
That's not a thing that Ralle has to do.
A change in the community and understand of the map section must change in order to transfer to a better map moderation system.
For example, people should stop calling a rating + a few random points a "review". And moderators should only consider the good and detailed reviews in their moderation.

If you'll search good good reviews then as said, the map section will pretty much die completely, as there are very few good reviews currently.

To sum things up, all we're trying to say is that your reviews don't make any sense at all and if you can't even write a proper review, I don't care if it's short or long, then just don't and let the mod just approve it without using a user's review for the map's rating. You could just help the mod with the normal checking of the map, if it breaks any rules and such, but please don't give it a random rating that's not even linked to your so called review.

Level 22
To sum things up, all we're trying to say is that your reviews don't make any sense at all and if you can't even write a proper review, I don't care if it's short or long, then just don't and let the mod just approve it without using a user's review for the map's rating. You could just help the mod with the normal checking of the map, if it breaks any rules and such, but please don't give it a random rating that's not even linked to your so called review.

The text is nearly the pure basics, while the rating is exact.
I spend my time checking and already know the rating and then write the quick review.

My reviews might be weird, but the ratings are proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.