• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would You Play Wc3:WoW After SC2?

Would You Play Wc3:WoW After StarCraft II is Released?

• Yes.

Votes: 266 81.1%
  • No.

Votes: 62 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I would like to update Wc3:WoW but it's really difficult to stay motivated to frequently provide updates for this mod when I am the only dev. Not saying this project is canceled or anything, it's just that it seems I am the last remaining dev and will remain that way due to the extensive lack of interest in Wc3:WoW from the community/other modders.

Oh well. Bright side is that Ardent Heroes is doing really well! :smile:

Level 13
I've never really liked SC, so definetally.

You need any help? (To your post above)

Level 25
Only vJASS help. And I can only accept the aid from those who are very skilled with vJASS and can work well with coding a campaign, not just a single map. If you can't create/complete complex systems, I probably cannot find a use for you. Which is unfortunately usually the case.

Level 6
I will play the game mostly because it is a compact mini WoW which takes only 50-100MB(or what ever was sayd), and at same time I can have all the rest games(wc3,spore,patrician3,disciples2,diablo2,homm3,simcity4 and rom2). I dont look at graphics or etc. how they are shaped or real. All in which I am interested is gameplay, challenge and some sounds.
Usualy lot of people play games just for graphics not for challenge and that makes me sad, because the game developers are now making games look like you are realy killing some one in graphics, but NOT improving almost any thing in game play. If I wanted more realistic blood or etc., I will just go outside and kill people with my citchen knife and imagine gaining levels, and THAT I call realistic graphics :grin: .

Level 3
i would play wc3 wow, i tryed sc 2, was kind of boring, got bored of it pretty quickly, this will be one of the best rpg's made for wc3, mostly couse its pretty unique and many years of work will make something awsome, and plus sc2 and wc3 are completly differant games and 1 cant be the other.

Level 25
I'm pretty surprised that so many voted 'yes!' Last time I had checked the poll I think it was somewhere between 80 and 140. Now it's 202. Very interesting stuff and thanks to everyone who voted, including the people who voted 'No!'

Level 4
I would like to update Wc3:WoW but it's really difficult to stay motivated to frequently provide updates for this mod when I am the only dev. Not saying this project is canceled or anything, it's just that it seems I am the last remaining dev and will remain that way due to the extensive lack of interest in Wc3:WoW from the community/other modders.

Oh well. Bright side is that Ardent Heroes is doing really well! :smile:

If the modelers are still on the team thats already a big part of the work done.
if they're not, i feel ya.

Modeling is definitely the most time consuming part(assuming that the models meet a certain quality).

Also I voted yes, but yeah I barely play games at all so I would guess my opinion isnt worth much when it comes to dedication ^^ The last time i seriously gamed was like 6 years ago.

Level 18
I supose i would play it yet the thing concerning me is if this will be finished before Blizzard encounces they gona make a Wc IV (wich they going to do for sure imo) anyway my point is would this be finished soon enough to still let many play it? Anyway i hope that you succeed in finishing this project cause it would had been a waste of time for evryone who helped you with it and than to just let it slip away dont you think?

Level 25
I supose i would play it yet the thing concerning me is if this will be finished before Blizzard encounces they gona make a Wc IV (wich they going to do for sure imo) anyway my point is would this be finished soon enough to still let many play it? Anyway i hope that you succeed in finishing this project cause it would had been a waste of time for evryone who helped you with it and than to just let it slip away dont you think?

I like how your posts lately make it seem as if I am (or have plans to) quit working on Wc3:WoW lol.

And yes, a big waste of time it would be. Even though I did learn a lot from working on it over the years. :smile:

Level 8
Craka has actually been working on it hard, he has been putting AH off to work on it with Purge (Coder for AH) and some other guy.

Craka does want to finish it but I'm pretty sure he only took it up as a project to sharpen his skills for his future career.

Also, he is semi-homosexual =)

Another thing, stop making SC2 or WC3 THREADS! NAOW!

Level 8
I was wondering if people would just abandon wc3 as sc2 have better graphics and galaxy editor have new features and all, and that was my concern. I'm just glad i found that thread and "Yes" is winning ;D Altough, is sad that some people still voted no ;x

Level 24
Tho SCII is more updated then WCIII, WCIII is a complete diffrent game SCII is a game where everything is like the future while WCIII is a game that is more like fantasy and making wow in SCII is imposible if you dont want to remake every model and everything.

I have played SCII a few times and all I can say is that it has good graphics, I never liked the storyline... anyway I might buy it if I can get a comp that can support it but that does not mean that I'll stop playing wc3. I'll still be modding and playing and I'll be waiting for this project to get to fully playable mode and all other updates it will bring. GOOD LUCK!

anyway, the Blizzard game that I'm really looking forward to is D3 but still wc3 is the best!

Level 24
WC3 gives an outher feeling then SC2 and that´s why many ppl still stand and wait for wc3:wow to be realesed.

Level 24
Besies I think the galaxy editor in sc2 is boring like hell but warcraft 3's is ultra fun of some reason.

Level 24
Really it cant be possible... someone thinks one of my thread actually makes sence... seruslly that have never happened before ... how is this possible?

Level 24
I dont really get it, how can you roleplay in a time that havent comed yet? I mean if you dont know how it would look like how can you know how to do?

Level 25
As nerdy as it may sound, I've roleplayed in Garry's Mod "Half-Life 2 RP" servers and it's not really that difficult to do. If you've played the game, a guideline as already been built for how it should play out. Also, usually the RP mods come with some quick easy rules or whatever to help guide the newbies into the right direction.

Although ultimately, realistically speaking, roleplaying in a futuristic or post-apocalyptic era isn't always that accurate. Although, that's what makes it fun. It's a game and some rules can be bent. lol

Wow... way off topic now. Wc3:WoW would remain an RPG, not really a hardcore ROLEPLAYING game. It's way more casual than that.

Level 3
Hell yeah... I'll even buy new pc for wc4 no doubt.. Yeah sc2 looks nice but i wouldn't hype myself since i wanted to play l4d cuz i though it's cool from vids it turned out to be booring after first missions.. n multiplayer.

Level 24
I think that it's hard to match wc3 since Blizzard never come with much new system nowadeys. And Starcraft 2 was the exact same thing as Starcraft exept they've made new tacts and soldiers for every race. So yes even if warcraft 68 comes out I will still play wc3.

Level 19
@Adiktuz: Can't say I feel the same way, I'll stay in Warcraft III all the way and play this map too, waiting for it to get better and better:)

Level 24
Besides the only ones who think SC2 is better then WC3 is people who jump to the conclution newest=the best

Status
Not open for further replies.