• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Starcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Now that Starcraft II is coming out and the sweet new editor and all... are you going to make your map using this new editor? It has all new features and custom UI and stuff to really give your map the WoW feel.

Would probably suck to start the whole map again though...

Level 8
Not to mention how long it would take to transfer all the work, and many people including the team would be upset that they've worked on this for 3 years now and now have to redo everything.

Level 25
Aside from the fact we'd be abandoning years of hard, dedicated work, WarCraft III also has a lot of resources (models, textures, sounds) that Wc3:WoW can use already and not have to force us to create every single model or texture on our own. For example, a lot of units and icons are two important things that are WoW-like and do not require the Wc3:WoW development team to create on their own. So by creating World of Warcraft in WarCraft III, we're saving ourselves a lot more time.

Yes, StarCraft II looks wonderful, but our team is too small and is not prepared to suddenly switch to another game. The only way we'd agree to create World of Warcraft in StarCraft II is if we're able to export all the models, textures, icons, and sounds that we need and use them in StarCraft II. But keep in mind that StarCraft II will not be supporting .mdx model files nor .blp texture files.

Level 6
Mattstheman, no, they are not going to be creating Wc3:WoW in starcraft, at least I don't think so.., It would be too much work. Craka just cannot say "OK, wc3 is crappy, lets just drop it, and move to starcraft III :D." Even if they were, I think it would be rather unfair (IMO), since I bet that many people looking forward to wc3:WoW don't really have the computer/laptop to handle Starcraft III, you know, since Blizzard handed out Beta keys on according to computer specs. And since wc3:WoW maybe already laggy to some computers, some people may like wc3:WoW so much to the point that they would buy starcraft III on their crappy computer. Double the lag for some people! And another thing, I think it would be more...sensible to put WoW IN wc3, since they are both "in the same tree", or whatever you want to call it.

Level 4
World of Starcraft, my friends would be an awesome idea, tough wow is very similar to starcraft( Protoss-Draenei, Zerg-Demons-Undead-Silithid, Humans-Terrans-gnomes-dwarves) ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.