• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Working on a new interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently working on a new UI texture for the next BnG II update.

124756-albums909-picture68219.png
The interface is supposed to have a somewhat simplistic black/metallic/maroon theme.
I'm not currently 100% sure of the red areas and some of the thin grey borders.

Got any improvement suggestions/ideas/comments?

124756-albums909-picture68222.png
Yeah, the inventory does look better this way.
More suggestions?

Edit:
Tested the current UI in-game:
The alpha channels got a bit messed up but you can still see the overall interface design.

Edit #2:
Tested again:
Alpha channels are fixed and the interface is a bit cleaner now.

Edit #3:
Fixed a couple of minor bugs:

Last edited:
You can add some screws as decors. So that it will be more metallic.

Thanks for the suggestion, +rep!
However, adding screws might give it too much of a "mechanical" atmosphere, which is something I'm not quite looking for.

Anyway, here's the latest version:
The thin borders have been adjusted and the red gradient has been replaced with an actual texture.

You should also change the ability empty button background. Undead doesn't look nice.
Those are actually the "Move" and "Stop" buttons. Got any suggestions on what to replace those icons with?

Its quite nice to see a UI on the game, to suugest. How about add a Swords crossed in the middle of the UI and the sword has blood on it. Well, to make it more of a gore and fits the title Blades N' Gore. Good luck with this by the way.
Thanks for the suggestion!
However, I'm not sure if I can make swords blend well into the texture.

I wanted to ask does auto attack works any more? Btw ui looks cool, I thnik to it should have more details, that will make it more cool, well you probably know what kind of details, sword, armor, blood, maybe some little japanese house etc.

BTW I never liked way how that icon next to the power, armor, stamina look like, I think you should replace that icon and u shouuld not use sharp edges for that icon, somehow that never blends with other things for me.

I wanted to ask does auto attack works any more?
Autoattacks were removed in version 0.93m. (Version changelog)

Btw ui looks cool, I thnik to it should have more details, that will make it more cool, well you probably know what kind of details, sword, armor, blood, maybe some little japanese house etc.

BTW I never liked way how that icon next to the power, armor, stamina look like, I think you should replace that icon and u shouuld not use sharp edges for that icon, somehow that never blends with other things for me.
Yeah I think I'll make a custom icon for the "damage type", "armor type" and "equipment stats".
Got any suggestions on what kind of icons they should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.