• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your IQ?

What is your IQ level?

• > 140 Genius

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • 120 - 140 Superior

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • 110 - 119 High

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • 90 - 109 Average

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 80 - 89 Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70 - 79 Inferior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • < 70 Retardation

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Why would you buy something because a test says your IQ is high?

Level 8
so i did a test from a real testing thing and it said that my iq was higher than the amount of people in a trio
i don't know what it is but they tell me it's high
beat that nubs

also they said after a second test that my iq was not not a negative value
i think it means its positive
beat that idots

Level 12
so i did a test from a real testing thing and it said that my iq was higher than the amount of people in a trio
i don't know what it is but they tell me it's high
beat that nubs

also they said after a second test that my iq was not not a negative value
i think it means its positive
beat that idots
Judging from the post, it seems that your IQ is actually negative. No offense.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

People around here really need a lesson or two in sarcasm.

Level 30
Judging by your horrible spelling ("realize", "Iq's", "messure", "visa versa", "your") it would have been easy to think you meant to say divine. I never said that anyone could measure your IQ by looking at your posts, I never said that I could either, I said you could judge it. JUDGE it, see how I capatalized that? So read again before you respond. Please give me a quote of me babbling about my mom, or was that just another example of how you need to read my post twice, or maybe even a third time, with a dictionary for the big words for your small feeble mind? Your answer to the question was "I'm like bush. Awesome." now you say it's a good answer but I fail to see how that answers my question at all, probably because it doesn't.

Hubcool, I have -4 reputation for posts, and I didn't mean to be mean. Devine if you bring that into our conversation you're such an idiot.

You know what a troll is? Because "I'm like bush. Awesome." is what a troll would say. Also, my English may not be as good as some people that have spoken it from the age of 2 but it sure isn't poor either. Let's have a conversation in Dutch now. Because you're obviously so very intelligent that you speak and write it perfectly. By "About your mom" I mean bullshit that nobody wants to read. I never actually read your posts completely.
Are you considering my mind feeble? I have no choice but to bring up the -4 rep. Because calling people stupid is one of the reasons that might get you some -rep. You can judge people's intelligence by reading their posts on the internet but you would probably be completely wrong. See how I capitalized FAGGOT? I know my arguements were pretty much void in my last posts because I was obviously trolling. But they sure mean more than what you just wrote down. I mean... How can you possibly consider someone stupid because he writes 4 words wrong (You do realiZZZZe that vica versa actually has nothing to do with english and that it was derived from latin?) If you fail to see how I trolled this lame thread with the bush-comment, you probably shouldn't post anymore.

@ephy: I agree with you on the school thing and how it has nothing to do with IQ but I didn't bring that up :3

Level 24
Judging by your horrible spelling ("realize", "Iq's", "messure", "visa versa", "your")
"Realize" is the American spelling of "realise". "Visa versa" is vernacular, and is apparently used all over the place. You're on the internets, how do you not learn regional dialects?

Level 16
"Realize" is the American spelling of "realise". "Visa versa" is vernacular, and is apparently used all over the place. You're on the internets, how do you not learn regional dialects?

TOTAL RESPECT! :O

I thought 'visa versa' was written 'vice versa' lol

So there, I took 2 IQ tests, one gave me 151, the other gave me 126, but they're probably both wrong. I'd say the only valid IQ test out there is Mensa.

Level 18
I've never did an IQ test.
I only did the Cito Test (Dutch) and my score was 149, that's like one point away from the highest.
Mhmk, but yeah, I guess that differs from an IQ Test a lot.

LOL same here xD
149 points for my cito (and that's what I know for sure).
Probably was because I did 100% percent right on the math part (and made more mistakes on the reading part). Someone else in my class got 150.

At that age my IQ would have been around 140, but now it dropped to somewhere around 119 according to tests :S

Level 4
Just a few of questions (from the article posted earlier), pretty obvious ones -- if you think you're so smart why don't you have a go at them, they're not difficult at all. It won't determine your IQ, it'll just be embarrassing for you if you can't get them right.

I'll give it a try :
1.)$0.10
2.) one minute.
3.)47 days.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'll give it a try :
1.)$0.10
2.) one minute.
3.)47 days.

This is not entirely correct. Anyhow, this questionnaire has been here long enough, the answers are:

1. $0.05 - key word more than .. if the bat costs $1.05, then $1 less is $0.05, together the sum is $1.10

2. 5 minutes, as long as the ratio of machines to production amount are 1:1 it will take 5 minutes, because each machine uses 5 minutes to produce one widget.

3. 47 days, the double of half is full, thus it only took one day from half to full.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took an official IQ test at our local college and scored 181. But at someone mentioned, an IQ test doesn't really mean much, some people think it does but it really doesn't. There are plenty of people out there that are "smarter" than me that probably score lower on an IQ test. I use quotes on the word "smarter" because I think it is inaccurate for anyone.

Level 27
It's nothing against you Hubcool, but I don't see why you would protect somone who has no respect.

I don't want to be flamer here, but Intelligent, you are not so Intelligent as you think. And here's my compromise against you:
1. I doubt you fit at THW. You're just making silly discusions about some fairy curses, IQ and other non-existing objects. THW is Warcraft modding community, not Facebook.
2. Rep doesn't mean anything, but -rep shows how much times have you broke the rules. And looks like everything you ever made here was against the rules or at least without any reason.
3. You haven't proven you are more intelligent than all of us, but you constantly teach us like if you would know more.
4. No respect? Sorry, but I don't see you respect anyone. And actually he doesn't respect you, but he may respect others.

Level 4
I will just add to little bits of info.
First, the world IQ has some kind of Gaussian distribution (anything with the number of samples going into infinity is nearly gaussian), so most people, even that that are normally to be smart usually score about 110, 115 in some cases, so these are on top of normal "intelligence" or on some part of a slightly high "intelligence".
Second, MENSA, the society that groups the 2% more intelligent people in the world requires someone to have about 130-140 for minimum, while maximum posible is about 160.
Check this out:
Mensa england
Mensa international
In one pseudo-test a guy from mensa made (he was from finland) I got near the minimum, think I scored about 135, while minimum was 140 (using a gaussian I think it was about top 5%, but the slightest mistake can change this about another 5% downwards, I don't think it'll be any higher and still don't think I am that much "intelligent").
Well, just because I think and most of us here don't have such outstanding IQ levels (maybe you are inteligent, but most people range normal intelligence), I should be somewhere between 105 to 115 nearly for sure and most of you will be in that range also (but as MENSA states, ranges depend on the test, so I might be wrong).
Maybe you could place a standard test and so people might be using the same scale in their comparison.

I don't think this thread is going anywhere constructive.

Must_clean_clean_CLEAN_by_Droneguard.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
You have to consider that only the people that frequent Off-Topic will even see this thread, some of which will be bored enough to click it, some motivated enough to vote on it, and those people are generally the kind of people that go to WC3 modding sites, WC3 being an RTS.

It's not terribly unreasonable to expect a higher than average average IQ here.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

There is no test that can actually test how smart someone is.
But you can notice it on his behaviors, actions and view of the world.

And I highly doubt Intelligent has that much of his name.

Some people view life as a test, and I'd say if it was a test, then it would be a pretty throughout one, that did determine one's level of intelligence pretty well, though it would hardly be represented with digits.

Level 16
There is no test that can actually test how smart someone is.
But you can notice it on his behaviors, actions and view of the world.

And I highly doubt Intelligent has that much of his name.

Sure, you can somehow check if someone's smart of not with his actions and such, but about his view of the world? That's only opinion, not smartness :D

Level 3
It's a shame that I.Q. tests don't accurately measure intelligence - they measure your familiarity with the subject matter. (and are very ethnocentric)
For example:
A symphony is to a composer as a book is to a(n)
A. Paper
B. Sculptor
C. Musician
D. Author
E. Man

Obviously the answer is Author because you are familiar with the terms used in the question, it is culturally bias. However, say I ask you:
If you throw two dice and '7' is showing on the top, what is facing down?
A. Seven
B. Snake eyes
C. Box cars
D. Little Joes
E. Eleven

You have much more difficulty answering the second question right? Thats because its from a cultural background that you're not familiar with.

Edit: BTW, Love all the 'Genius' and 'Superior Intellect' Votes... Not sure if half these kids have ever even taken an IQ test...

Level 10
The average person says they're a genius because they want attention, and they think it's cool. The average person has average IQ. There may be 1 genius on the hive, but no real geniuses on this thread (I could be wrong, but I'm not). :D

I love that line, "I could be wrong, but I'm not."

Yeah, there's a very fine line between geniusness and insanity, literally, it's been scientifically proven.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's a shame that I.Q. tests don't accurately measure intelligence - they measure your familiarity with the subject matter. (and are very ethnocentric)
For example:
A symphony is to a composer as a book is to a(n)
A. Paper
B. Sculptor
C. Musician
D. Author
E. Man

Obviously the answer is Author because you are familiar with the terms used in the question, it is culturally bias. However, say I ask you:
If you throw two dice and '7' is showing on the top, what is facing down?
A. Seven
B. Snake eyes
C. Box cars
D. Little Joes
E. Eleven

You have much more difficulty answering the second question right? Thats because its from a cultural background that you're not familiar with.

Edit: BTW, Love all the 'Genius' and 'Superior Intellect' Votes... Not sure if half these kids have ever even taken an IQ test...

I've never seen an IQ test with questions like these. That's the kind of questions you get in elementary school, link the verb and object etc.

Level 3
I've never seen an IQ test with questions like these. That's the kind of questions you get in elementary school, link the verb and object etc.

Was just an example to show how ethnocentric I.Q. tests are. Most I.Q. tests target educated upper-middle class white males. If you take a German I.Q. test or an Italian I.Q. test translated to english you'd be lucky to get a 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.