• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What's your IQ?

What is your IQ level?

• > 140 Genius

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • 120 - 140 Superior

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • 110 - 119 High

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • 90 - 109 Average

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 80 - 89 Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70 - 79 Inferior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • < 70 Retardation

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Please be honest, what is your IQ level? This is a review of THW's intelligence, your answer will not be viewed by any other members of THW.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Military IQ test suggest IQ of 146 - that's some years ago, so I'll drop it for 120-140. Though, IQ has nothing to do with intelligence, it is usually a test in sense of logic.

Level 5
It'd be nice if there were actually a quantitative representation for the sum of a person's capacity to learn, capacity to know, logic, common sense, and ability to perform. (Among likely other things)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If anything, that would not reveal itself until death of subject - you'd have an average. Everything changes from day to day, from hour to hour or even second to second.. your mood has a much more prominent effect than what most people think. Therefore, a true representation of ones intelligence is impossible to achieve. IQ tests are often based on logical tasks (ie find the pattern and so on), because it is possibly (these are my assumptions) the least affected by surroundings, and even so, certain drugs can increase your performance here as well - drink a Red Bull before the IQ test and you will most likely achieve a higher score than without.

Level 4
148, and yes I did take a legitimate test.

Any test that puts the large majority of THW users in the "Genius" and "Superior Intelligence" ranges is obviously flawed.

Lol, but I think the problem with most people is that they are immature and don't know how to express their thoughts properly.

Level 9
of course here every1 can lie, i havent voted yet but i think most are genius and stuff
i never took a legitimate test,

i just can assure that im over 100 o_O
well but who knows when im going to take a real one >.<

mayyyyybeeeee, you should put a link to maybe the most complete online IQ test, could work

Bye

Level 7
mayyyyybeeeee, you should put a link to maybe the most complete online IQ test, could work
Problem is that most online IQ tests are complete bullshit.
Last year me and one of my friends made a bet about wether or not I could become a part of Mensa. (he thought I could for some strange reason :hohum:)
Well long story short I took their test and ended up with a result of 137.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

1) A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2) If it takes five machines 5 minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3) In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of it?

Just a few of questions (from the article posted earlier), pretty obvious ones -- if you think you're so smart why don't you have a go at them, they're not difficult at all. It won't determine your IQ, it'll just be embarrassing for you if you can't get them right.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

rofl, only 1 guy is honest (90-110), and 4 might be retards.
Edit: lets give it that test a try :p
1 -0.5$ ?
2- 5 minutes
3- 47 :/ I guess

Won't spoil for everyone else, so the correctness remains secret.

Anyway, although unlikely, it is not impossible that select members of this community have superior IQs. Though I expect a lot of dishonest answers, I'd refrain from accusing everyone of lying.

Level 18
Meh I got the correct answers without cheating. :\
I used to be very good at maths till they came with illogical stuff.

For the questions:
http://www.newscientist.com/article...a-high-iq-doesnt-mean-youre-smart.html?page=3

Try it yourself first!
- $0.05 + $1.05
- If 5 machines make 5 widgets in 5 minutes you could assume that each machine makes 1 widget and the machines work at the same time. So 100 machines making 100 widgets at the same time would still take 5 minutes.
- 47 days, because it doubles in size each day and it's filled on the 48th day.

Last edited:
1) A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
$0.05. ($1.05 + $0.05 = $1.10 = true)

2) If it takes five machines 5 minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?
Same time. (5 Minutes)

3) In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of it?
47, because its doubled. (48 - 1(0.5^1)) = 47

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Bah, it'd be more fun if no one spoiled it, but oh well.. they were pretty obvious ones, if that was how IQ tests was built up, everyone would score 140+ ..

Level 18
Bah, it'd be more fun if no one spoiled it, but oh well.. they were pretty obvious ones, if that was how IQ tests was built up, everyone would score 140+ ..

I kept my answers hidden, but on the link of the site they give away the answers on the bottom of the page.
They don't explain why though.
I think it's not that difficult knowing that they try to trick you >_>

Level 3
These results are bullsh*t.
I knew everyone would lie, I bet more than half of the people who said they were over average are under average...

Level 34
Last time I checked, it was 115, but that was few years ago.

Try doing those national IQ tests on TV.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The ones on TV are really just for the entertainment, I scored 180 on the last one I took, and I was drinking beer.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

"There is a fine line between GENIUS and INSANITY. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant

I thought it was appropriate to make a quote.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

And IQ tests only show how good you are at IQ tests.

Yeah, I agree.. because you can practise before an IQ test in order to get a better result, simply by doing multiple IQ tests.

Level 34
If you are better at grammar (of your primary language), you'll notice your grades for all other things like economics and math will increase.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I know, they were easy questions.. anyway, what does that have to do with what you quoted? How can your grammar have anything to do with your grades in other subjects? I've got terrible grammar, but I still do great in maths, science (physics, chemistry, biology), art and geography .. not to mention English - but my primary language is Norwegian, and my grammar in Norwegian is awful compared to my English. Hence, I'd have to claim TheDivineBoss to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.