• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

What's your IQ?

What is your IQ level?

• > 140 Genius

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • 120 - 140 Superior

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • 110 - 119 High

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • 90 - 109 Average

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 80 - 89 Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70 - 79 Inferior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • < 70 Retardation

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I know, they were easy questions.. anyway, what does that have to do with what you quoted? How can your grammar have anything to do with your grades in other subjects? I've got terrible grammar, but I still do great in maths, science (physics, chemistry, biology), art and geography .. not to mention English - but my primary language is Norwegian, and my grammar in Norwegian is awful compared to my English. Hence, I'd have to claim TheDivineBoss to be wrong.

I forgot to mention that it doesn't apply to everyone.

Anachron, did I say anything about being smart? I just said that I am with a 119 IQ in the "high" region of this poll... stop random flame and just keep the facts right.
Rofl whom did I flame?

I am keeping the fact right and obviously all what I said was that IQ tests are not really telling anything about your intelligence.

Level 17
If you are better at grammar (of your primary language), you'll notice your grades for all other things like economics and math will increase.

How do you care to explain this then:
My grades for 5 years of education on the havo (high education level).

First mark is during the school, second mark is central exam.
All marks are out of ten.

Dutch (primary language): 5.8 / 5.9
Math: 7.2 / 8.8
Economy: 7.2 / 5.7 (The exam was hella hard lol.)
Geography: 7.1 / 7.4
History: 7.2 / 7.2

So yeh, i skipped the other yadda yadda why do I score so low on my primary language while I own math, economy and some other stuff. =D

EDIT: I did the test linked here somewhere and got 91 which I find high for not understanding 3/4th of the questions. (English is not my main language. It's only at basic levels.)

Level 16
my chemestry teachers says people that learn easily (A.K.A. are sort of smart), are often lazy..
I happen to have NO problem with maths, physics nor Chemestry,, And im lazy..
My last IQ test was 8 years ago, 133 back then,, And YES, it was a normal one, not some internet stupid thingy..

Havo! :D
I do VWO,,
next year is my exam year..

And i can see you got (probably) the Economics and Culture profile? Or it is Economics and Society,,

Level 3

So yeh, i skipped the other yadda yadda why do I score so low on my primary language while I own math, economy and some other stuff. =D

Everything has exceptions.
That will be my new signature, thanks for giving me the idea! +REP

Level 30
I know my IQ is > 130
Because that's when you're gifted in belgium.
I voted for > 140 though... because I wanted to be even more bad-ass than I am now and there wasn't a > 120.
In my school, the >130 thing is very comon... All bright students are sent here because the normal schools can't handle their bad behaviour.
Also

EDIT: I did the test linked here somewhere and got 91 which I find high for not understanding 3/4th of the questions. (English is not my main language. It's only at basic levels.)

I've got the same thing going on this year. I used to pwn at dutch though... because our teacher didn't make us study...
And I score better at maths :p. But my grades for Dutch, french and german are like 5.5/10 :3 While in my scientific classes, I score 6-10/10. (Except for chemistry because it's so boring :p)

Level 18
Oh history...
How I failed at that.
I never got a good grade for it until I did a re-exam and finally found out what I was actually learning. Call it lucky ;P

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

One thing, though, about the grammar - of course in order to be able to learn you are required to be able to understand at least one language, so I guess you'll notice your grades will increase if you know the language that is being used (most likely your primary language).

Oh, and one more thing, about being lazy. I think that's correct too, I've always been rather lazy, and I usually postpone tasks until I don't have a choice. In high school, I was asked by my teachers to at least pretend I was doing maths even if I had already done all the exercises, because it demoralized everyone else in the class to know that someone was already done. Now, let's put this straight right away, I'm not a nerd. I don't pull up my maths book after dinner and do exercises 'till bedtime. I just happen to be quick, and I am most often correct - therefore I do not start to ponder whether what I answered was correct or not, I move on and finish everything. Then I hand it in and I get a grade that is not perfect, because there is always some silly mistake, but I know that if I had taken two more hours to examine my answers, I would most likely not find them, and if I suspect something is wrong, I will do it again and see if I get a different answer, and then again if it is different, and each time I'll get (probably) different answers, and perhaps none are correct, because I've hung up on one tiny mistake that I do not see, until I walk out and get fresh air - "Damn, I said 2+2 is 5 .. how silly is that, oh well" - then why spend two hours trying to achieve the perfect grade, when it's just a grade? I'd rather do something else those two hours. Heh, speaking of which, we had an Economy test one day (this is several years ago now) where we modelled a budget, I think, and the exercise was expected to last 2h, so we had 2h to finish the test. After 10 minutes, me and a couple of friends left, and we were laughed at, because, obviously, everyone thought we had seen the scenario and given up, "this is too hard, I'll hand in a blank" .. 3h later the result was that all three of us had got full score, and no one else. How's that for a punch in the face?

Level 3
Nice huge post shiik.
I also think that all the people who have read the comments and results from this thread know that if any, almost none of you are guinuses, and many of you say you are.

Level 16
lol @ Shiik,,
Last testweek, we had maths, and I was (almost) the only one who wrote out the full excercise, which made me use the whole 1.5 hours for the test, everyone was done after one hour or so, I even heard them say "Yixx is still inside, is that good or bad?" when walking out..
There were 4 non-fail grades in the whole class :)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Only 4 that didn't fail? Sounds like a tough test, or your class is basically a bunch of idiots (no offence).

Nice huge post shiik.
I also think that all the people who have read the comments and results from this thread know that if any, almost none of you are guinuses, and many of you say you are.

Huge post? It's not particularly long, but perhaps a wee bit wordy. You know, I usually do write at least one full paragraph, this is, after all, a forum and not a chat-client.

Oh, and I don't think any of us are guinuses, because I don't think such a term exists.

If 3% of the world's population have an IQ above 130, then we still have a long way to go if all of them is going to be here, I think we'd need some more members. We're actually on the safe ground here, if THW follow the same percentage, then we should have 1500 members with IQ above 130 with 50.000 members, if I am not entirely mistaken.

Level 20
No. Why in the world would there be a normal distribution of people with high IQ on THW? We obviously have tens of thousands of highly intelligent members. There's no need for THW's intelligence ratio to be the same as the entire world's intelligence ratio, because the entire world's population of guineses are THW members.

Level 15
I know my IQ is > 130
Because that's when you're gifted in belgium.
I voted for > 140 though... because I wanted to be even more bad-ass than I am now and there wasn't a > 120.
In my school, the >130 thing is very comon... All bright students are sent here because the normal schools can't handle their bad behaviour.
Also

I've got the same thing going on this year. I used to pwn at dutch though... because our teacher didn't make us study...
And I score better at maths :p. But my grades for Dutch, french and german are like 5.5/10 :3 While in my scientific classes, I score 6-10/10. (Except for chemistry because it's so boring :p)

With these grades you think you are a High IQ student?Damn..here in greece the worst High school requires you to have at least the base to ALL lessons.I mean like have 10/20 maths,10/20 history and so on...
Normal student's get grades ranging from 15-17/20,and the smart ones 19-20/20.

Also...at the end of the last year,our exams are so competitve cause we have to be the best not only at our school but all over the country in order to be considered "good".

In addition,you might wanna search and find out we have one of the "hardest" educational systems,cause we have to memorize to many books...

Level 5
Dreadnought[dA said:
]No, just all the smart people are at the Hive while all the idiots go to wc3c.
Something tells me he's probably banned at that site or something similar.

Level 22
My IQ is 141.

No, high IQ doesn't necessarily mean you're smart, but a high IQ means you're good at logic and those things.

reason_3 said:
There isn't stupid and smart people,there are people who have been educated properly and those who haven't.
There are stupid people in this world, but many of those can't do anything about it.
F.ex. those who are mentally retarded.

And high IQ can be a bad thing too. If you get too high IQ you might become a bit crazy.

Edit: Forgot to reply to this one:
Azeroc said:
IQ doesn't prove anything, it's only so nerds can showoff -.-
Nerds are intelligent (if you're meaning the correct definition for nerd), but not all of them got high IQ. I know some people who could fit under the category "nerd" (both the correct and wrong definition) who don't got high IQ. They got something like 105.

Level 15
My IQ is 141.

No, high IQ doesn't mean you're smart, but a high IQ means you're good at logic and those things.

There are stupid people in this world, but many of those can't do anything about it.
F.ex. those who are mentally retarded.

And high IQ can be a bad thing too. If you get too high IQ you might become a bit crazy.

I am talking about normal people,not those really experiencing problems like being mentally retarded.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

There are still a variation in the level of intelligence, but I can agree that you can't call "normal people" stupid. At least not very stupid.

Of course normal people can be stupid. Anyhow, I don't have any percentages or digits, but there's a lot of people out there that can't do anything about their stupidity - for instance, they have difficulties with reading and writing - which perhaps could be called mild disadvantages, while there are those who have trouble with memory, concentration .. ADHD. Most of these are considered normal people, and their IQs might be anything, just because you've got ADHD doesn't mean you've got an IQ below average (at least to my knowledge). Furthermore, having a high IQ does not make you a smarter person, it does not grant you success, it does not mean you'll become rich when you grow up. Though there are certain institutions that have IQ limits, and you need a certain level of IQ to get in - Mensa, the military .. etc. Basically, that's the only benefit. Oh, and I think they sometimes use IQ tests to determine whether you're a good mom or not (I reckon an episode in America about that) .. but that doesn't make sense, because if it's something your mother doesn't need it's sense of logic. :)

As for nerds, this have nothing to do with IQ nor intelligence. It has to do with interests. If you can't miss any football-game on the TV, you're a nerd. If you can't allow yourself to get bad grades, you're a nerd. If you interest yourself for something fanatically, you're a nerd. You do not need a particularly high IQ to watch football, neither do you have to be smart. You can still be a nerd. Unless you're a logic-nerd, or generally a maths nerd, you won't need high IQ to be a nerd and succeed at it.

Level 22
There are many different definitions of what a nerd is.
The kind of nerds I'm talking about which are smart are those who get high grades i.e. A+ on almost everything.

Level 15
Getting A+ grades means you are smart?That's wrong...i know example of some people who read the whole day(day and night) and get A+ grades.They just know the whole book...but whenever our professor asks something that is not stated in the book,they cannot tell it,cause they cannot understand it.
This is why a brain is required....

Just reading the whole day doesn't mean you are smart,on the opposite it means you are so stupid that you have to study the whole day to understand something.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Getting A+ grades means you are smart?That's wrong...i know example of some people who read the whole day(day and night) and get A+ grades.They just know the whole book...but whenever our professor asks something that is not stated in the book,they cannot tell it,cause they cannot understand it.
This is why a brain is required....

Just reading the whole day doesn't mean you are smart,on the opposite it means you are so stupid that you have to study the whole day to understand something.

At least they're smart enough to understand that if they don't read the book, they won't be able to finish school. Personally, I've never been the guy who goes home and does homework and reads the book before a test - I skim through the summaries, and otherwise, the lectures are enough for me.

Level 16
Just because he doesn't believe in it doesn't mean he doesn't care about it. You can judge somone's IQ just by knowing them, but you cannot discover it just by knowing them. IQ is basicly a measurement of a person's logic. You were basicly bragging about being a smart ass aswell, which is frankly stupid because there's nothing good about being a smart ass. "You think you could determine my IQ by knowing me?" He obviously does not, he said "which in my opinion is your logic" meaning he believes that him knowing your IQ simply by knowing you is basicly how your logic works and I'm not disagreeing with him. You are also obviously full of yourself aswell, you call yourself "Devine" you call yourself "Badass 101" and you are a smart ass who can't admit that he's wrong when he obviously is.

Hubcool, in your case IQ means you're retarded.

Wait dude, you're saying this as if you could affirm it as a fact. You openly said I was retarded for no reason, not cool. People with neg-rep tends to be extra aggresive and mean :(

And, if I may, 'Devine' isn't the same thing as 'Divine', mind you. 'Devine' actually doesn't mean anything, if it would, it's a french word, meaning 'guess'.

Level 30
Just because he doesn't believe in it doesn't mean he doesn't care about it. You can judge somone's IQ just by knowing them, but you cannot discover it just by knowing them. IQ is basicly a measurement of a person's logic. You were basicly bragging about being a smart ass aswell, which is frankly stupid because there's nothing good about being a smart ass. "You think you could determine my IQ by knowing me?" He obviously does not, he said "which in my opinion is your logic" meaning he believes that him knowing your IQ simply by knowing you is basicly how your logic works and I'm not disagreeing with him. You are also obviously full of yourself aswell, you call yourself "Devine" you call yourself "Badass 101" and you are a smart ass who can't admit that he's wrong when he obviously is.

Hubcool, in your case IQ means you're retarded.
I lol'd really hard. sorry xD.
The badass101 is just for fun if you didn't realize it yet. I don't find myself a bad-ass at all. I can admit when I'm wrong. WHEN I'm wrong. See how I capitalized "when"? I don't call myself smart. You asked a question. I answered. It was a good answer. Then that guy, don't know his name started to say that I'm obviously lieing. Then I got pissed and then you started babbling about your mom. I mean wtf?

Professional psychologists messure Iq's for a living. Not you. You CAN'T messure it by reading my post Even if you were my psychologist. Impossible. I could write the most retarded post and still be very smart. Or visa versa. Yet again, I was not bragging about my IQ. I was pissed :3. And who the fuck are you to say that I'm boasting about my IQ when your fucking nickname is "intelligent"?
Devine is NOT a word. It's NOT. It's coming close a vine, close to something divine close to my last name which is DEVINE.

Level 12
IQ is not how smart one's pathetic ass is, IQ is more of a cup, and you still have to put something in the cup.

Not that anybody needs to be told, but I bet people who voted that their IQ was above 140 are lying (seriously).
117 :D

I picked this site since I though it was the most reliable to provide me with my "IQ", not that I believe that this IQ is accurate, since some sites suck up to you by saying you're a genius to make you buy a certificate of some sort.

Level 24
IQ has absolutely nothing to do with common sense. Being knowledgeable is different from being intelligent, being intelligent is universally better. Good grades do not require intelligence, only hard work. Nobody cares how hard your school is.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

IQ has absolutely nothing to do with common sense. Being knowledgeable is different from being intelligent, being intelligent is universally better. Good grades do not require intelligence, only hard work. Nobody cares how hard your school is.
Wait, not common sense? I'd say it's common sense that, if you're looking at a missing fourth part of a pattern and the three earlier were one, two and three dots, the last image would have four dots. By knowledgeable you're referring to the amount of knowledge you possess, and that is in form of information you have acquired through reading books, following lectures, watching documentaries and generally living. Right? Then being intelligent is something you would describe as a constant state, an attribute you were born with. Right? In that case I agree that intelligence is universally better, because if you are intelligent, you will learn faster, and thereby have a potentially wider knowledge. In order to get good grades, you need knowledge about a specific set of information, and if you are intelligent, acquiring this will be easy, while if you are not, it will be hard - but either way, you'll have to be presented with the information. Intelligence is the ground structure that makes you able to become knowledgeable, thus intelligence also plays a major role on your grades.

Level 16
Ok lol, it's not that hard to understand, IQ only means how logic you think = it doesn't mean crap. In a way, it only means that with an higher IQ, you'd be more likely able to learn things fast. A person with a IQ < 70 could be the smartest person on earth if he/she was studying 24/7 about everything. Only it would take him/her 100 years to do so, while if someone with an IQ > 140, it would take 60 year or so (os 24/7).

Well, that's what I think :D

Status
Not open for further replies.