• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What's so bad with wow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played the game since late 2005 until february 2009 and I really diss where the game started heading after Burning Crusade. Vanilla was so-so (PvP balance was close to shit though). The Burning Crusade was perfect, it filled basically every gap that Vanilla had. Good dungeon progression, okay storytelling, PvP still had some balance issues. WotLK broke the game. Period. The only good that the expansion brought were the game engine improvements and new environment mechanics.

Level 24
What's so bad with WoW? Nothing is so bad, it's just generally unappealing to a large group of people. Then again, it is also very appealing to a perhaps even larger group of people. I bought WoW on the day of release and played until late TBC, what turned me off was the time and money it consumed, I guess.

Level 21
Some people say that lore gets fucked up.
I for one hated how Illidan and Arthas was killed and Deathwing taking their place as the new villain. I don't mind Deathwing at all mind you, but anyway I really wanted the Naga Queen too flood Azeroth.

Oh and its great game as well.

Level 31
K, heres my opinion.

Most people are arrogant and two one-wayed, so they're going to disagree. These people are called fucktards, now lets proceed.

The biggest reason people dislike WoW is because how they kill off all the characters. But, nobody complained when Archimonde or Tichondrius died in WC3? Because it's not so much them dieing, but HOW they die. People dislike "raids". Though, I've thought a different perspective.

In nearly every major raid, you are accompanied by a major lore character. EX: Akama and Maiev vs Illidan, The Titanic Watchers vs Yogg-Saron. If you think deeper, this is like WC3. When Illidan killed Tichondrius, Illidan would be the 'major lore person' and your units would be 'the raid'. And in wc3 form, Akama and Maiev would be your heroes against Illidan and the raid would be the units.

Think about it before posting some arrogant shit like "nOOOooooO)3O THIS IS RONG BCOS ILDEN IS MY FAORT CHAR!!!!!!! <33333333333 WPW IS GAEY".

Level 18
Takekenji:

The main reason people get pissed is because you have 25 mortals killing majorly powerful characters, like Archimonde for example. You're numbers are skim when you fight Archimonde right? Just your raid and a few heroes, where as in Wc3 it took 3 huge armies.

I think the most disappointing was the 25 mortals killing gods (C'thun, Yogg'Saron) and those alike.

Level 31
Takekenji:

The main reason people get pissed is because you have 25 mortals killing majorly powerful characters, like Archimonde for example. You're numbers are skim when you fight Archimonde right? Just your raid and a few heroes, where as in Wc3 it took 3 huge armies.

I think the most disappointing was the 25 mortals killing gods (C'thun, Yogg'Saron) and those alike.

Don't post untill you've actually DONE the instance please..

Those 3 large armies help you.

Also, it's amazing how clueless your are about raids.

25 man raids didn't come untill burning crusade, before then all raids were 40 men, and you also got a "blessing of the bronze dragonflight" thing to fight C'thun.

Level 5
Takekenji:

C'thun was already weakened alot, and I doubt we actually killed Yogg'Saron. We just defeated part of him, or an avatar of him.

Some people say that lore gets fucked up.
I for one hated how Illidan and Arthas was killed and Deathwing taking their place as the new villain. I don't mind Deathwing at all mind you, but anyway I really wanted the Naga Queen too flood Azeroth.

Oh and its great game as well.
So in fact. Arthas should have survived the attack of the Argents, and continued the destruction of Azeroth...

If Arthas survived, everything would go down down.

Illidan couldn't have survived the attack from Shattrath. Period.

Seriously, why would you even want them to be alive? Deathwing is coming to destroy Azeroth. You can't fight Arthas and Illidan at the same time, and Deathwing attacking you, destroying whatever you have.

Pure logic.

Level 11
Why is it bad? I'd prefer ask why is it good?
Kill creeps for 15 minutes, sell items, kill more creeps, sell again. Do this until you are lvl 80, which
takes about 2 years.
Then playing WoW makes most of people "nolifers".
It costs, 15$ in a month? You can but WC3 with that money...

What a great game :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Kill creeps for 15 minutes, sell items, kill more creeps, sell again. Do this until you are lvl 80, which
takes about 2 years.

It takes a lot less then two years. And there's more to do then kill creeps and sell items. There are some pretty awesome quests in Northrend, your can PvP, do raids, roleplay etc.

Level 5
10 days? Hmm... You have to play 24/7

I bet if you are 1 hour in a day on computer, it takes that 2 years.

I'm only for an hour or two a day, and I can get one level or more every day in Azeroth.
And I'm a pretty slow leveler.

Level 13
takes about 2 years.

In this post: "Lol I've never played wow but it suxxorz!"

Level 3
This is a very good question. My boyfriend teases me about playing WoW. -_- Well, about how I use to play it at least. College ruins everything! ;p Stay in school kids.

Level 1
I've played the game since late 2005 until february 2009 and I really diss where the game started heading after Burning Crusade. Vanilla was so-so (PvP balance was close to shit though). The Burning Crusade was perfect, it filled basically every gap that Vanilla had. Good dungeon progression, okay storytelling, PvP still had some balance issues. WotLK broke the game. Period. The only good that the expansion brought were the game engine improvements and new environment mechanics.

What's so bad with WoW? Nothing is so bad, it's just generally unappealing to a large group of people. Then again, it is also very appealing to a perhaps even larger group of people. I bought WoW on the day of release and played until late TBC, what turned me off was the time and money it consumed, I guess.

Level 2
Well, I don't think there's anything bad with WoW, it's just that I wouldn't pay for playing it. If it was free except for the initial purchase, I'd probably had it long ago.

Level 20
I simply haven't, won't and don't pay monthly for a single game. I'm sure it appeals to some, I MIGHT even like it but I admittedly won't give it a try because I fear addiction and £120 loss every year (or near enough).

If it ever followed Guild Wars or LOTRO (I believe to be going f2p soon) I would most certainly have a crack at it, then make a judgement...

Level 3
Personally I prefer the Pre-TBC/Vanilla/Whateveryouprefertocallit and TBC was also nice but personally I found Vanilla more fun though. In vanilla we had fun stuff like this.
---
Dejavuu

Level 13
if you play a game only 30min a day then maybe you shouldnt play it

And if you hate long ass raids...

Anyways nothing is bad with wow it's just it bores you or you love the grinding and quests and it's fun if you play with friends.

Level 13
I know. If you buy wow, you have to play it for 24/7. And this makes it so **** **** game :ogre_hurrhurr:

I win. Keekee :goblin_yeah:

Yes but of course! How very correct you are! Indeed WOW is truly THE most time consuming MMORPG in the world. Indeed all the stuff about reaching level 80 and getting endgame gear in under a month or two are merely lies and nothing more!

Seriously, concerning MMORPGs WOW is incredibly casual and easy to level. Hell with 1-3 hours of gameplay you should do pretty well already.

Level 26
WoW has a pretty unique and appealing fantasy style in contrast to shiny plates and real graphics in other mmorpgs.

Things that I dislike about this game are that most of the quests are boring and redundant, that the world does hardly change, you always kill some bad villians but these never act on their own and lose meaning in other areas and levels. The game outside of big instances has become very easy in WotLK. I do not have anything against that you can bash more enemies at once as this serves dynamics and can enable a higher difficulty on higher levels but in result you could take on one by one or disperse them and there was no danger even taking a bunch together. The big dependencies on items in pvp were also not very funny. You can only have good items if you play in party though it's more difficult to take a one-man journey. But that's just like Blizzard wants it: to bind you in a group.

My favorite action in WoW was to explore the lands with its creatures (especially on atmospheric nights).

Level 20
I know. If you buy wow, you have to play it for 24/7. And this makes it so **** **** game :ogre_hurrhurr:

I win. Keekee :goblin_yeah:
AARGH I PLAY MORE THAN 30 MINUTES IN A DAY IM A MOTHERFUCKING NOLIFER YOU ARE SO RIGHT MAN

:l

Also, nobody said that you HAVE to play it if you buy it... But I rather play one game at a time than trying to play a different game every day.

Level 18
Yes but of course! How very correct you are! Indeed WOW is truly THE most time consuming MMORPG in the world. Indeed all the stuff about reaching level 80 and getting endgame gear in under a month or two are merely lies and nothing more!

Seriously, concerning MMORPGs WOW is incredibly casual and easy to level. Hell with 1-3 hours of gameplay you should do pretty well already.

Yeah, seeing how easy it is to level now. I remember when it was a challenge.

Level 20
I would really want to play WoW because it looks so good, but I cant because I dont want to pay for it... maybe they should make it free just maybe just add a cash item mall? some games does it that way to keep money flowing even if the game is free...
0.4-0.5 euros per a day is not a big price if you really like the game. Its about same price as buying a brand new game every 4-5 month or so, a long time... But well nowadays people warez everything so they cant understand that if they have to pay for something to play it.

And they dont add "cash item malls" because it would grant unfair advantages to players who would investigate to the game with real money.

0.4-0.5 euros per a day is not a big price if you really like the game. Its about same price as buying a brand new game every 4-5 month or so, a long time... But well nowadays people warez everything so they cant understand that if they have to pay for something to play it.

And they dont add "cash item malls" because it would grant unfair advantages to players who would investigate to the game with real money.

well yeah, but I can only play it during weekends and only for short times so my money would be wasted...

Level 11
AARGH I PLAY MORE THAN 30 MINUTES IN A DAY IM A MOTHERFUCKING NOLIFER YOU ARE SO RIGHT MAN

:l

Also, nobody said that you HAVE to play it if you buy it... But I rather play one game at a time than trying to play a different game every day.

What ever. I dont like WoW anyways. No matter how much you're trying to manipulate me,
i wont chance my mind. :ogre_frown:

PS. Don't get angry :DD

Level 6
I don't like games that are designed to ruin your life. :3

Plus, terrible graphics, boring gameplay, retarded social ability, and ridiculous pricing is not my cup of tea.

1. The game doesen't ruin your life. You gotta have some self control.

2. The graphics are they because blizzard wants the game to play on virtually any computer.

4. Try to find the right crowd.

5. Yes, 50 cents a day is so ridiculous and bizarre.

Level 31
1. The game doesen't ruin your life. You gotta have some self control.

2. The graphics are they because blizzard wants the game to play on virtually any computer.

4. Try to find the right crowd.

5. Yes, 50 cents a day is so ridiculous and bizarre.

1. No I mean the gameplay reflects this.

2. Well of course. They still suck.

3. It doesn't matter what crowd it is...

4. Yes. It is.

Level 31
If you can reach 80 in 10 days you seriously have problems.

But, if you take 2 years, then you're just plain terrible and need to stop playing anyway.

Also, WoW is fine, some people are just retarded and make up these shit excuses or follow some other shit excuse which is equally shitty as the person who made it up.

Level 20
1. No I mean the gameplay reflects this.
Its not like "must farm epics 24/7". Raid once a week, do weekly quest and some daily quests... You can have about same level gear by playing about 2 hours a day than a guy who plays 24/7. Unlike in most of other RPGs you need to just really farm that 24/7...

2. Well of course. They still suck.
Well. There are people who play the game because they enjoy playing it and then people who play Crysis @ultra high and are like oäömg böst göem evur.

3. It doesn't matter what crowd it is...
Most semi-serious guilds take only people old 18+ when recruiting and they use ventrilo so yeah then in example in fps games there are 10 year old boys screaming in game. Retarded you say?

4. Yes. It is.
Runescape membership is only 6 euros per month. Wow is 12-13 euros. Runescape is therefore better than Wow.

If you can reach 80 in 10 days you seriously have problems.
If you already have a level 80 char and you are leveling alt with full heirlooms and using a quest path that you know its not really that hard nowadays.

I was a Wow hater once too. Most of haters never even tested the game.

Level 31
Its not like "must farm epics 24/7". Raid once a week, do weekly quest and some daily quests... You can have about same level gear by playing about 2 hours a day than a guy who plays 24/7. Unlike in most of other RPGs you need to just really farm that 24/7...

All of those things are not fun. The combat system destroys the game. Your essentially a node with stats throwing stats at stats based on stats. There isn't really player skill involved. Yes, you could argue that spells require skill, but your just working math problems. I want to kill a creature because I'm awesome. Not because I'm a nerdy math guru. The game boils down to variants of the same issue over and over. This would be fine if the issue was fun to deal with in the first place.

Plus, these "quests" are just the same thing over and over. "kill this many of this" "gather this much of this" "find this" "beat this". The gameplay doesn't allow for anything more creative.

In the words of the 'Infinity Quest for Earth' developer: Making the gameplay fun for everyone is the perfect way to make the gameplay fun for no one.

Well. There are people who play the game because they enjoy playing it and then people who play Crysis @ultra high and are like oäömg böst göem evur.

Obviously. But, that doesn't mean we should just disregard graphics completely as if it is some kind of terrible thing. I like the environment I'm in to reflect the quality of a game.

Most semi-serious guilds take only people old 18+ when recruiting and they use ventrilo so yeah then in example in fps games there are 10 year old boys screaming in game. Retarded you say?

No thats not what I mean. lol. You guys both read me wrong. I don't mean the people have no social ability, I mean the game has none. Which is sad because its built around this.

Runescape membership is only 6 euros per month. Wow is 12-13 euros. Runescape is therefore better than Wow.

Again, not what I mean at all. What I mean is, paying for a game over periods of time is stupid. If I want a game, I buy it. Not over and over. I expect my games to last me about 5 years of play. I'm not going to pay $900 for a game that sucks balls to begin with. I expect the $50 I pay to last about 5 years.

If you already have a level 80 char and you are leveling alt with full heirlooms and using a quest path that you know its not really that hard nowadays.

I was a Wow hater once too. Most of haters never even tested the game.

I have. It sucks balls.

Level 10
Well...

PvE: You fight against a script. It does the same stuff at certain time or HP. Just need to timer everything. But you know what´s comming. Boring after some time yeah.

PvP: On the other hand, has a lot more to offer. Everyone play as they want, which means you´ll never meet a person that fight the exact same as another. You get a more personal and fun experience with your partners as you are not 25 people. ... What can I say, you gotta try it. If you never tried wow, then don´t go pure PvE, you´ll have to try PvP aswell.

And one more thing... Why Focus on ONLY PvE or PvP!? I spend atleast 2 hours of my gametime (each time I play) jumping around with my ubar awesome mounts, glitching (rofl), world pvp, some pve, arena, roleplaying :)3 lol not hardcore though), exploring... woah there are some many posebilities...

Which reminds me, I gotta go and buy the strongest beers in wow and drink em all the do world pvp in Orgrimmar and after that spend 4 hours dueling with rp gear and... wohh GTG!

Level 6
All of those things are not fun. The combat system destroys the game. Your essentially a node with stats throwing stats at stats based on stats. There isn't really player skill involved. Yes, you could argue that spells require skill, but your just working math problems. I want to kill a creature because I'm awesome. Not because I'm a nerdy math guru. The game boils down to variants of the same issue over and over. This would be fine if the issue was fun to deal with in the first place.

Plus, these "quests" are just the same thing over and over. "kill this many of this" "gather this much of this" "find this" "beat this". The gameplay doesn't allow for anything more creative.

In the words of the 'Infinity Quest for Earth' developer: Making the gameplay fun for everyone is the perfect way to make the gameplay fun for no one.

Obviously. But, that doesn't mean we should just disregard graphics completely as if it is some kind of terrible thing. I like the environment I'm in to reflect the quality of a game.

No thats not what I mean. lol. You guys both read me wrong. I don't mean the people have no social ability, I mean the game has none. Which is sad because its built around this.

Again, not what I mean at all. What I mean is, paying for a game over periods of time is stupid. If I want a game, I buy it. Not over and over. I expect my games to last me about 5 years of play. I'm not going to pay $900 for a game that sucks balls to begin with. I expect the $50 I pay to last about 5 years.

I have. It sucks balls.

1. Yes, it sucks because that's all you have can do in the game.

2. Blizzard is now trying, and succeeding to implement quests that are not so repetitive.

3. Yea

4. Like I said earlier, their is a reason for the poor-ish graphics.

5. This game isn't Gaia Online.

6. Go wash a couple cars. There's your payment. Or is that too much work for you?

Level 31
1. Yes, it sucks because that's all you have can do in the game.

Hense why the game sucks...

2. Blizzard is now trying, and succeeding to implement quests that are not so repetitive.

The problem is there isn't much options for them. So all the quests are doomed to fail.

5. This game isn't Gaia Online.

But it tries to be socially adept. It fails.

6. Go wash a couple cars. There's your payment. Or is that too much work for you?

$900. Say it with me...

Level 6
Hense why the game sucks...

The problem is there isn't much options for them. So all the quests are doomed to fail.

But it tries to be socially adept. It fails.

$900. Say it with me...

1. /sarcasm.

2. Let us all hold hands, and notice the quote:

Blizzard is now TRYING

3. WoW isn't really focused on online speed dating. Sorry to disappoint you.

4. $15 dollars a month. Do something to get some money in your pocket every month. I don't know where that $900 dollars came from.

Level 31
1. /sarcasm.

NO WAI.

2. Let us all hold hands, and notice the quote:

Not good enough. I don't care if they are sacrificing children to the video game god to make good quests. The gameplay makes it impossible.

3. WoW isn't really focused on online speed dating. Sorry to disappoint you.

Please keep this above cheap shots. The game itself boasts of how you interact with players, when infact, that very aspect destroys the game on some levels.

4. $15 dollars a month. Do something to get some money in your pocket every month. I don't know where that $900 dollars came from.

Then go read my previous post...As I said, I expect to pay $50 for a game that is going to last me about 5 years. 5 years of WoW is $900...

I'm not going to spend money every month on a game this is only fun for around 30 seconds.

Being as I have a job, its not that I can't afford it, its just that its crap that I'm not willing to pay for. Maybe as a single payment of $10...but not $15 every month...

Level 6
NO WAI.

Not good enough. I don't care if they are sacrificing children to the video game god to make good quests. The gameplay makes it impossible.

Please keep this above cheap shots. The game itself boasts of how you interact with players, when infact, that very aspect destroys the game on some levels.

Then go read my previous post...As I said, I expect to pay $50 for a game that is going to last me about 5 years. 5 years of WoW is $900...

I'm not going to spend money every month on a game this is only fun for around 30 seconds.

Being as I have a job, its not that I can't afford it, its just that its crap that I'm not willing to pay for. Maybe as a single payment of $10...but not $15 every month...

1. I KNO RITE!

2. Easier for some people, can't say the same for others.

3. Once again, try to find the right group. Surprising as it sounds, the game isn't filled with raging 10 year olds.

4. You just tested the game out to the very fullest, didn't you?

5. Well, with that $15 that blizzard has been getting with WoW has made WoW the top MMORPG in the world. Crap at it's best.

Level 31
2. Easier for some people, can't say the same for others.

Little stuff equals little ability.

3. Once again, try to find the right group. Surprising as it sounds, the game isn't filled with raging 10 year olds.

Regardless of wether your playing with a 5 year old, or your playing with Einstein. The gameplay destroys the social ability of the game.

4. You just tested the game out to the very fullest, didn't you?

I saw enough. And as popular as it is, you don't need to play it for 6 years to know how it works.

And, I played it for much longer than 30 seconds. I had the 10 day demo or whatever. It was just only fun...for 30 seconds.

5. Well, with that $15 that blizzard has been getting with WoW has made WoW the top MMORPG in the world. Crap at it's best.

Welcome to the world of gaming!

The popularity card doesn't really work. Plus, calling it the top mmo doesn't really mean much being as there aren't really any good mmos...

If you market any game enough, it will succeed. Some of the best games are ones that almost no one knows about.

Status
Not open for further replies.