• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The new WoW Expansion announced at BlizzCon 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i agree the subscribers number is not how much players play it right now because someone subscribe it and after a month leave it and forget to unsubscribe it and also wow from 12 milions now is down to 11,4 so lets see if Mists of Panderia change something or it will drop because new Games appear that are really good and they can crush wow belive me let me tell some of them:

Guild Wars 2
LoL Dominion
SWTOR
Dota 2... and so much more that are fun

Maybe the secret world and world of darkness

Btw, anyway doesn't WoW have enough expansions already?

Level 27
Dota 2 doesn't count as anything - it's not an MMO. On other hand, you can add Rift. And GW2, SWTOR... well, they have chnces, but still, you guys forget about WoW addictiveness factor. Currently WoW has more content than any of those MMOs, so unless the creators of tohse games will release new content more often and higher quality than Blizzard, they'll stand no chance.

I wonder how much will the WoW popularity increase whenever there will be no more subscribtion required...

Level 27
Oh you don't understand the potential of WoW - they already added a lot of new, original ideas that weren't seen in any other MMORPG, the newst dungeons and such offer things that alter the standart gameplay alot, making it more intresting and requiring some different skills.

And, you see, MMO world cannot be too big. The bigger it is, the better, since it means people will have to spend more time playing with a single character than they have to in some other MMO, which means the overall time palyer spends playing WoW increases a lot.
That's a simple rule, the bigger MMO game is, the better it is for it's creators.

Level 11
Oh you don't understand the potential of WoW - they already added a lot of new, original ideas that weren't seen in any other MMORPG, the newst dungeons and such offer things that alter the standart gameplay alot, making it more intresting and requiring some different skills.

And, you see, MMO world cannot be too big. The bigger it is, the better, since it means people will have to spend more time playing with a single character than they have to in some other MMO, which means the overall time palyer spends playing WoW increases a lot.
That's a simple rule, the bigger MMO game is, the better it is for it's creators.

I was talking about the expansions they need to make Wow 2 instead of expansions.

Level 24
Yes Tleno but then it's requiered that it's entertaining to play alone which it isnt always like now for example you make 25 dailys with your main which can take 40 minutes then your fun is over.

Level 24
I dont doubt that because every one say blizzard is going to lose players but still games like flyff only have a litle over 100 000 costumers who have ever purchased anything and it's still up so it would take alot of players leaving the game if wow is actully going to be deserted. And I mean last year Blizzard lost 600 000 people, if they lost 600 000 people every year they would still continue for 20 years before reaching 0.

Level 27
Yep. And they kinda lost those people because of Rift I already mentioned. Plus is has ten million of people, and they got 600 000 +a little bit more after cataclysm expansion, so I'd say that even though they lost those 600 000 to Rift or whatever, they're still the number one in the world.

Level 18
It's simple. Here is the thing. Most people do not play WoW. They buy it, they play through the new content, they max out their level and stop there. They do not do endgame PvP or PvE. They simply do not... why? No clue, maybe it requires to much brains for them, or simply too much time.

That's why a lot of the subscribers, just buy a new expansion, see a little of the new content, and as things get more complicated, they stop playing.

maybe because they're not faggots to waste their time in getting full set of shit that doesn't deserve their time. they just play it to see that game not to be the best in an online STUPID GAME That gets patches every months with new items that you got to do more fucking pve and pvp to beat.

sir you're the one without brain

Level 12
Sorry to but in but...

You have to admit, the Burning Crusade was pretty intriguing. Not only did it revive many of the Warcraft folk's favorite villain, Illidan Stormrage, but it also introduced some very new and original features, such as gems and different stats, to make the game much more enjoyable. Unfortunately Blizzard screwed up WoW even before the end of TBC by killing of Illidan AND not to forget Kil'jaeden, two widely loved characters in the Warcraft Universe.

Wrath of the Lich King just entirely dragged TBC. Introducing better purple items, more raid content and once again throwing away another beloved villain just like that, WotLK just caused Blizzard to have more and more haters.

Cataclysm on the other hand has introduced a whole new world which we have never ever seen before. But I'm sure Blizzard won't mind letting an uber gay villain be laid to waste once more.

Overall, yes, Blizzard has ruined the plot with a rigorous and draggy plot. But you have to admit, the Throne of the Tides looks awesome, despite it's terribly mainstream content. WoW does NOT have bad graphics. Their models, skins, music and whatnot are all of great quality so not many people, especially one from a low-poly modeling community, has the right to call WoW "terrible in every way".

Draggy, boring and wasteful, yes. But eye-candy wise? Amazing.

Level 24
Not to hack at your logic but Kil'Jaiden isn't dead and Ner'Zhul survived even though Arthas remains dead. Also neither Al'Akir, Dethwing, Sinestra or Cho'Gall where new in cataclysm and we still have the most threating enemy left, N'Zath the last of the Old Gods the ones who are behind ALL evil and the one who is responsable for the burning legion, the lich king, Deathwing and the emerald nightmare. So you focus on the guys that are big only in warcraft III and not the villans that was introdced in vanilla wow, warcraft 2 and the other games.

Level 12
New world, not new characters. In previous installments of ANY of the Warcraft Universe, we've never or barely heard of anything like the World Pillar or the plenty of new zones which were placed in as well. In my personel opinion, fantasy cliche bullshit which Blizzard used just to make the storyline look less Runescape and more D&D.

And even though Kil'jaeden wasn't killed, he was banished back into the Twisting Nether, I'd doubt that he'll return since Aviara, or the manifestation of the remaining Sunwell, has long gone. Without the magic of the Sunwell, I doubt that Kil'jaeden can even enter Azeroth unless he finds another gay Blizzard way which he will return as an end boss wih some boring expansion name like "Return of the Legion" or something boring once more. Besides, highly doubt that it would happen since they would have to remove the entire Sunwell raid, if they were to add Kil'jaeden as an end-raid boss, or at least much of it so that we don't see conflicting story lines in the game itself.

Level 24
New zones that we've never heard of??? If you would rank Mount Hyjal as unknown zone then you havent really played warcraft III, WoW or read any books. And Uldum was introduced in Vanilla wow when we killed C'Thun in Uldum, wlse then those two yes there where plenty of new zones but there was also plenty of new zones in outland few if us had heard about Zangarmarsh and Nargrand before. And Chris Metzen has declared himself that Blizzard wants to use Kil*Jaiden again at BlizzCon 2010.

Level 12
Technically, we did hear about some of the locations in Outland. In Behind the Dark Portal, they vaguely describe Hellfire Pennisular AND mention Shadowmoon Valley while in the Rise of the Horde, the name Nagrand was already used to name the Frostwolves territory. Yes, I did read some of the novels.

I admit I did forget about Mount Hyjal and I have never played WoW before TBC. But who had ever heard of Deepholm? And including Kil'jaeden into WoW lore again would be, in my opinion, a catastrophe. And about your previous post, the one above my first one, Ner'zhul may or may not be dead. The novel does describe him as being dead but it may (or may not) be a metaphor. Who knows? Only Blizzard's cash-hungry plotters will tell.

Level 24
So you spend 2 posts complaining about Blizzard killing of one of your favorite characters and now that I tell you that Blizzard has said that they want to use Kil'Jaiden again you think it's bad? If Malygos would be brought back and supporting Alexstrasza I would be overjoyed. Anyhow do you not think it would be wierd if Kil'Jaiden didn't show up? I mean he had the possibility to get into Azeroth and with the dragons weakend why wouldn't he come? And Ner'Zhuls soul is also what is funeling the Lich King.

Level 12
No. I was complaining about how Blizzard did such a bad job it letting those characters die. There isn't any epic storyline to how Illidan died unlike Archimonde was slain. It's just do a really tedious quest chain and finally assemble a raid and kill him or wipe.

No. Malygos coming back to life is quite a bad idea. I did like Malygos and I did like the story behind him becoming insane and all but once again, I didn't like how he was thrown away just like that. And if he was brought back to life, I can't see how. Unless you mean raising him again as an undead and possibly featuring as a boss encounter in another cheesy WoW raid which would be undermining his power. Besides, it's alright to leave some characters dead and resurrect some, but Blizzard just overdid it.

Yes, it would be weird if the burning legion just totally forgot about that one world which starts with an "A" which out of the countless worlds they've conquered, is the only one which they managed to not enter into fully yet. But how? I don't know. The only prospects I see of the legion returning is either through Outland itself or through another ancient/incredibly powerful source of magic which we had never heard of before. Kind of like Algalon.

Level 24
I can agree with you that the raids had no verry good story in them untill WotLK.

When it comes to Malygos I dont know how they could bring him back and still keep a good lore, but that dosent mean I wouldn't be overjoyed if he came back. Why Malygos was killed I think is because if you read day of the dragon you'll see that Malygos was the only one who could come close to matching Deathwings powers and this was when the demons soul still existed so Malygos was still witheout 95% of his powers. So I think they decided to kill Malygos because if they would have folowed the book day of the dragon Malygos would have kicked Deathwings @$$.

Level 12
Well, that's good. Now that we're on around the same page, let's debate Warcraft lore.

I don't think the Dragon Soul took 95% of all their powers, otherwise it would be irrational of them to agree to such a thing. I think it took a portion, small but nevertheless combined together can create significant boost and give Deathwing an advantage over combat with the Aspects.

Neltharion VS Malygos? Epic. But I wouldn't place my bet on the blue.

I think why Blizzard decided to suddenly include Malygos into WoW is that fans were hungry for an answer. An this time, it actually worked. People wanted to see what would happen if you let loose and insane guardian of Azeroth and master of magic into the world and so therefore, Blizzard made a raid out of it.

Isn't Day of the Dragon about Grim Batol and Alextrasza or something? I haven't read it but I saw the sypnosis.

Level 24
I dont either think it took exactly 95% of his power but I qoute from day of the dragon when I say that almost all of their powers where gone.

This is two diffrent things if you mean Neltharion vs Malygos or Deathwing vs Malygos since Deathwing is Neltharion + N'Zath. It's alitle confusing because the book says Malygos proved to be most challanging even with the tremendous loss of power. But in another part of the book it says Deathwings most challanging apponent was Ysera so I dont know. But if the aspects would meet in an all vs all match I would bet my money on Malygos because of a few facts for example he is the oldest and Blizzard has declared that he have enough power to destroy Azeroth ten times over.

We still have two other aspects to fight future Nozdormu and the corrupted Neltharion so I dont think that was the reason they made Malygos a boss.

In day of the dragon Alexstrasza gets taken prisoner by Nekros skull krusher who followed Warchief Zuluhead and then Korialstrasz who died in Thrall Twilight of the aspects convinsed Ysera to convince Malygos and Nozdormu to assist in destroying the demon soul and beat the crap out of Deathwing.

Level 19
I love Blizzard that they still keep WoW updated, apparently they plan ahead, contrary to what many belief about them screwing up the lore and not caring about Warcraft.

Also, they did mention that they might start working on another Warcraft RTS (Warcraft IV) after.
And the lore also seems to be moving in a positive direction, usually old characters die and more epic ones emerge and a better story gets made, so yep I kind of salute Blizzard for that element:)

Level 24
When else where they going to announce it when the expansion will come the summer of 2012?

Level 24

The new WoW expansion is going to be the one, The one, I was the first on hive to embrase this expansion and I was correct, MISTS OF PANDARIA! But I'm not here to brag. I'm here to tell you about Mists of Pandaria so even if you didn't attend to BlizzCon you can be well inform about the most important details about the new World of WarCraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria.

New Race: Pandaren
New Class: Monk

Edit: Pandarens where also supposed to be the alliance race of TBC. I was a litle unclear with this but the pandarens will join both the alliance and horde so no matter what faction you play, you will be able to play Pandaren. Blizzard wants the players to be able to get raid gear from doing what you want to do whether it is Dungons, Raids, BattleGrounds, Arenas or Daily Quests. So you will be able to get full raiding gear from doing quests. Blizzard wants to create an auction house in Pandaria so you dont need to go back to Orgrimmar or Stormwind to get what you want. The Horde and the Alliance wants to destroy Pandaria to gain the resources on the land. You will be able to choose if you want to join the Horde or the Alliance with your Pandaren at level 10.Pandaria will literly be on the back of a turtle!Mantid will be a hostile race that will be behind alot dungons and raids, they are bug creatures like the Silith, but unlike the Silith they will dress in clothes. The Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds are two of the zones that Blizzard reavealed during BlizzCon. Pandarens can not be a Warlock, Druid, Death Knight or Paladin. Pandarens get 100% more stats from food, take 50% less damage from falling, get +15 levels at cooking and their rested bar will last twice as long.

These are the Monk specs:
Brewmaster - Tank
Mistweaver - Healer
Windwalker - Mele DPS

Monks are availeble for all races exept Worgens and Goblins. Monks will use alot of mele wepons and will kick and hit alot and healers will be able to use off-hand wepons and will also use lether. The Monk will also use Chi which is about the same as Energy. New talent system (talents 2.0). There will only be one talent tree per class and you'll get a talent every 15 level and you'll be able to choose betwen one out of three talents with every talent and you can't go back when you get the secound talent point and use it to get 2/3 or 3/3 of one talent chooise so you need to choose betwen shiny object A, B and C. Scenarios: Scenarios are like PvE battlegrounds lets imagine that you want to go Battlegrounds but dont like PvP you will be able to play a PvE verision of PvP where your mission is for example to first slay 50 alliance soldiers then destroy the human scout towers and then kill King Varian and this is based for few players like for example 2 or 3 players but it's also based to work for people with questing gear so you dont really work on the tank, healer and DPS system. You will also be able to do Dungon Challange Modes that is to do dungons in a limited amounth of time and then you'll get bronze, silver or gold medals and the rewards for completing this is good looking gear that gives no stats, and this is going to be used for transmognification that is going to be introduced in 4.3 that will allow you to change the look of your gear so you can have tier 13 and have it look like the tier 10. Now you might think that you can go alone at max level and do it fast but if you search for The Occulus heroic you will be downleveled to 80 and get 80 gear. Pet battlegrounds: You will be able to enter pet battlegrounds with your pets and battle against other players pet with it you will also be able to costumize your pet, change name for example you will also be able to level up your pets and all pets will have diffrent stats so some works as tanks and some works as range DPS's and so on. You will gain experience from wining battles and pets will earn stats and abilitys as they level and you can also be able to level multiple pets. You will also have a pet journal that shows which pets you have which you dont have and where you can get pets and some pets only spawn at Grizzly Hills only when it's raining. You can also battle with pets at any level and pets will be tradeble. The character will also stand in the background since your character is really important. We might also be able to get gear for our pets and maybe even socket and enchant the pet gear.

There will also be 9 heroic dungons in Mists of Pandaria 6 of them is in Pandaria and the 3 others are Strathelhom and Scarlet Monastary wing 1 & 2 which has been remade from 4 wings into 2. I dont know how I could forget this but the max level will be 90. You will also not be able to fly in Pandaria untill level 90. Blizzard also wants to create a new arena since we havent gained a new arena since WotLK. There will also be two new battleground which is the goblin mine underneath Stranglethorn where you can throw your opponents of bridges and have alot of fun, the secound battleground is a battleground where you are to capture a orb and use it to win since it will grant your team extra powers. This orb will do damage to you so you need to bring healers. New achievments will be introduced the Account achievment that will be shared amongst all your characters on the same battle.net account. Also for the class is the hunter minimum range that makes unable to attack people close to you with a bow. That's gone! Relics are gone, Warriors and rouges can throw mele wepons and you can have wands as main hand wepons to look like Harry Potter. Druids now actully have 4 specs the new spec Guardian who is like Feral but for tanks. You also now dont need to go back to trainers to learn spells they'll be given to you automaticlly but trainers will still be there for respecing.
Also this is kind of a Diablo thing but anyone who makes a one year comitment to World of WarCraft hets Diablo III for free.

As a litle extra bonus I will throw in an example of the talent tree and how you are to select points. Now this is the talent you get at level 90. And remember no matter how you try to work around this you can not choose two or 3 of these spells YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE 1.

Gorefiend's Grasp: Shadowly tendrils coil around all enemys within 20 yards of target (hostile or friendly), dealing 4137 damage Shadow damage and pulling them to the targets location.

1 min coldown, Instant

Remorseless Winter: Surrounds the Death Knight with a swirling tempest of fridgid air, dealing 3777 Frost damage to enemies within 10 yards, every 1 sec for 8 sec. Every time Remorseless Winter deals damage, it reduces it reduces enemy movment speed with 15%, stacking up to 5 times. Uppon recieving a fifth application, the enemy will be stuned for 6 sec.

1 min coldown, Instant

Desecrated Ground: Curroptes the ground in an 8 yard radious beneath the Death Knight, dealing 1880 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 10 sec. While standing in this effect the Death Knight is immune to crowd controll effects.

2 min coldown, Instant

There will be three new raids in Mists of Pandaria ther is Mogu'Shun palace that has 6 bosses and the palace was locked away by the Pandarens and you are to explore its hidden secrets. We also have the raid finder that will come up in 4.3 that Blizzard talks alitle about. And it was introduced in 4.3 and not in Mists of Pandaria so as many as possible could observe the raid content since it allows you to enter the raids even if you dont got a guild so every can have as much fun as possible. Even though this was not included in Mists of Pandaria I felt like this needed to be talked alitle about since Blizzard talks alot about it and it's just a really big thing that you just need to know.

The goals with Mists of Pandaria is to make the experiance short and focused so you dont feel like it takes an eternity to level up to level 90 and thinks it's fun to level up several ALT's. To make the dungons understandable so you dont just think that you go to the dungon because of your own selfish reasons since that would lose interest amongst the lore players. Also they dont want to set up raids and dungons for wipes so you feel ''Man this is only for hardcore players!''.

Blizzard also says that there will be no main enemy in Mists of Pandaria but they say this expansion is going to be based around the Horde and the Alliance. This is because they want to bring up important characters of both factions and wants to show that characters like Tyrande Whisperwind is more then Malfurion Stormrage's arm candy.

Last edited:
Level 24
This is going to be the new World of WarCraft expansion, if you check the title of the thread you'll see it's called ''The new WoW Expansion announced at BlizzCon 2011''.

Level 21
Looked forward to playing one and hoping to see the new female Pandaren as well and why does this remind me of Kung Fu Panda somewhat?
Well anyway, you know I thought this was a joke at first, but seeing on how it is right now made me think it would be cool to have them you know?
I was hoping for Ogres to be playable as well and I'm wondering what will be the level cap for the starting zone for them?
Edit: What would the mount be as well? A giant turtle and with the epic with ruins and samurai armor?
I can just imagine their armor and what not for the other classes.

Level 24
The Blizzard has not showed Pandarens mount yet and I think it wount be reaveled tomorow either. The Pandarens starting zone however will be Pandaria where they will level up untill they reach level 10 if I've understood Blizzard correctly and you will leave Pandaria on another turtle and make it to shore as either alliance or horde.

Level 24
You've not seen who these guys are, what they have faced and what they are strugeling against so to say this is ridicoulus is wrong. You really shouln't jump to conclutions before you've actully tested the product. Because if you know anything about Blizzard you should know that Blizzard wouldn't make an expansion based on a April fools joke.

Last edited:
Level 2
ohh...mists of pandarian expansion:ogre_rage: , i was thinking about the return of old god as next expansion after catalysm anyway!!!!!!!! i want warcraft 4

Level 27
Okay, don't really care about this expansion. I mean, just new region with new dungeons, quests and stuff. Plus only 5 more levels. Something tells me this will be just a preparation for the... final expansion. The one which will reveal the true evil and blah blah blah, will be the most epic expansion and things like that.

Level 36
My face when I saw the preview and it's not April 1st

AreYouFuckingKiddingMe_1200px_by_CrusierPL-300x239.png

:ogre_rage:

Blizzard.

Okay, don't really care about this expansion. I mean, just new region with new dungeons, quests and stuff. Plus only 5 more levels. Something tells me this will be just a preparation for the... final expansion. The one which will reveal the true evil and blah blah blah, will be the most epic expansion and things like that.

Implying WoW isn't just going to fizzle out and die miserably in a cold empty corner all by itself like every other game. As if the serious gaming community hasn't already abandoned WoW after WotLK.

Last edited:
Level 14
Basically guys, they sad they wanted kind of a silly expansion before the final one, because the last chapter is going to be really dark and will be the most powerful enemy the heroes have had to face, the person who has orchestrated everything. MoP is the "Calm-before-the-Storm" as it was described by Metzen.

~Asomath

Level 6
For me the problem is not the race Pandaren, but the changes and other stuff that is coming together with them: Monk class, Pokemons, talents overhaul simplifying everything (it was simple enough, but they want more).

People are complaining alot? Yes. People will stop playing? Some will.
But what that expansion shows us, with no doubts now, is that Blizzard is desperate to bring more casual players to the game than ever.

Monk class, Pokemons, talents overhaul simplifying everything

Oh man, these companion pet battles...

At the initial announcement I thought it would be a simple dueling system with not much to it, but instead it seems to be an exact replica of the design of the Pokemon games. When Blizzard mentioned that combat would be turn-based, you could engage into battles with wild pets and there were "Masters" you would find throughout the world to challenge and defeat, the crowd was laughing. I myself was waiting for "Gotta catch 'em all" to appear on their slideshow. I really hope this is something that doesn't become too popular and, if it does, it experiences some significant changes.

Level 27
From what I learnt about Blizzard over the years, the males of antropomorphical race are allways large, muscular and agressive, while females... well, ley's say they're very furry-appealing.

Yea, might be that they'll change the duel thing, but doubt about it. Plus, nowing how Blizzard likes to plagia-- reference stuff, I'm not surprised they got their hands on pokemon finally. Sure, they could get some ideas of theirs for this, but since this is such an unserious expansion... plus pokemon are popular in China, and China is a one bigest markets for MMOs. No wonder Blizz wants their game to be so appealing for chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.