• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The new WoW Expansion announced at BlizzCon 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The real problem with WoW is that everything is always easier than before, Blizzard only want to keep all the kids who have parents who paid every mouth for it. The original WoW is a very nice game but every expansion they simplify a lot of thing and add some retard content only for keep a certain group of players.

Level 24
So basiclly what you're saying is that it's wrong that other players then the hardcore players can have fun and enjoy the game. So what you're saying is that nobody under your skill level should be allowed enjoy the content you're enjoying. And if you want content few can enjoy I'd suggest that you try alitle thing called Ragnaros heroic which only the hardcore players have managed to deafet.

Level 21
This aren't really the main art for World of Warcraft, but people's drawing from Deviantart in their own respective on how the Pandaren females would look:
pandaren_female_consept_by_smirgow-d4dlccg.jpg
enter_the_pandaren_by_mahadosknight-d4dj6de.jpg
female_pandaren_by_hitsujifox-d42rbqk.png

pandaren_female_by_iinnocenzia-d4dny10.png
pandaren_huntress_by_hitsujifox-d4dk9gy.png

And I'm wanting this as the mount and some type of Chinese Dragon as their flying mount:
2edwobm.jpg

Would be cool if the armor looked like Aang's Wind bison armor when he faced the Fire Lord and the Fire Nation.

If you are wondering I am a player way back when Warcraft II came out and then waited for Warcraft III and so on, so I'm really excited for this expansion and looking forward to it. Hoping that Jack Black does like a thing like in a preview for the game like Mr. T and a few others of the game, but still I'm wanting the expansion right now and I'm kinda getting bored of the game, because leveling characters is not hard, but I'm wanting them a certain level.
I both play on Horde and Alliance, but I love the Horde more and I'm wanting to make my Alliance Server become like my Horde Server in which I play around with them a lot have them be twenty five and so on for the alts.
Sorry if I'm bladding on what I'm expecting, but I do love World of Warcraft more than Starcraft and haven't gotten into Diablo and it doesn't mean I don't hate it or don't like it. It's just I love Warcraft more out of the three honestly. Just grew up with it, like I did Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Level 14
Basically guys, they sad they wanted kind of a silly expansion before the final one, because the last chapter is going to be really dark and will be the most powerful enemy the heroes have had to face, the person who has orchestrated everything. MoP is the "Calm-before-the-Storm" as it was described by Metzen.

~Asomath

Hmm.... HMMM !!!!!!..... I said MHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Okay enough of that.

Well, first of all I just want to say it here first.... final expansion will be about the Old Gods. And we will not fight Sargeras.

I say this because even since Vanilla, and then in WotLK, the Old Gods are behind everything somehow. In Vanilla there was C'thu, than came TBC... which is another world... and than it was WOTLK with Yogg-Saron... and than Cataclysm... with Deathwing... who we all know has been corrupted by the Old Gods and he is their hand in everything. And now in Mists of Pandaria... it's about these creatures "the Sha" who appear because evil is happening in the Pandaria... so we can assume that these Sha are again some kind of creations of the Old Gods and thus I think that in Mists of Pandaria... the Old Gods will get mentioned at one point. And than in the final expansion it's all about fighting off the Old Gods once and for all (somehow).

Why them and not Sargeras? Well... Sargeras is this large fallen Titan who hasn't stepped one inch on Azeroth, and he is very far away and to focus on him would mean to take the focus off Azeroth. Unless somehow, demons return to Azeroth... which for me it's kind of hard to imagine, since they would need some kind of a Portal again... and the current demon presence on Azeroth is insignificant. I mean to begin with, lesser demons simply randomly appeared across Azeroth (because humans recklesly used magic), and they weren't enough to make any kind of a portal for the Burning Ligeon. So the Avatar of Sargeras eventually entered Medivh (one one side) and with Gul'dan (on the other side) they brought the Orcs to Azeroth in order to eventually summon the BL. However that plan failed. Than they tried with the Undead... and that plan failed too. And than they tried with Kael at Sunwell in TBC, and that plan failed too. Thus we can conclude that the BL need a race from Azeroth to help them achieve power. Now that race does not exist, unless they revamp stuff. I mean the only character who would ever help the BL would be Azshara, but she has a pact with the Old Gods now. Of course, as always some twist could happen but I don't see it viable. I mean the story so far went both ways true.... deeper into the Old Gods... and deeper into the Titans... however... still Sargeras is more powerful than an Old God, we know that becuase the Titans defeated the Old Gods and imprisoned them. So we know that defeating an Old God is easier than defeating Sargeras. Presumably to defeat Sargeas, we would most likely have the Titans on our side so it would still be doable. However, Sargeras hasn't been reffered to in the story that much over the years. While the Old Gods kept appearing here and there. And the Old Gods are already on Azeroth, they just need to influence a race to do their bidding. While as the BL need to corrupt physically the race they want to corrupt, they need to encounter it. And currently, there is no way for them to corrupt any race at such a grand scale, that they would be able to create a portal to summon Sargeras. And again, hunting Sargeras means you leave Azeroth which is the focal point in WoW.

So basically I'm just saying, that through-out all these expansions, ever since WotLK, the story has been developing towards a final clash with the Old Gods, rather than with Sargeras.

----------------

In other news I think Mists of Pandaria is a good EP. I see no reason to complain about it. Pandas are cool, a more active class with Mortal Kombat fighting style sounds cool. A melee healer again, sounds cool. Emphasize on Alliance vs Horde sounds cool. The Art looks cool. And it's actually refreshing. Aren't people tired of Demons, Dragons and Undead all the time? Well I am!

Level 24
This aren't really the main art for World of Warcraft, but people's drawing from Deviantart in their own respective on how the Pandaren females would look:
pandaren_female_consept_by_smirgow-d4dlccg.jpg
enter_the_pandaren_by_mahadosknight-d4dj6de.jpg
female_pandaren_by_hitsujifox-d42rbqk.png

pandaren_female_by_iinnocenzia-d4dny10.png
pandaren_huntress_by_hitsujifox-d4dk9gy.png

And I'm wanting this as the mount and some type of Chinese Dragon as their flying mount:
2edwobm.jpg

Would be cool if the armor looked like Aang's Wind bison armor when he faced the Fire Lord and the Fire Nation.

If you are wondering I am a player way back when Warcraft II came out and then waited for Warcraft III and so on, so I'm really excited for this expansion and looking forward to it. Hoping that Jack Black does like a thing like in a preview for the game like Mr. T and a few others of the game, but still I'm wanting the expansion right now and I'm kinda getting bored of the game, because leveling characters is not hard, but I'm wanting them a certain level.
I both play on Horde and Alliance, but I love the Horde more and I'm wanting to make my Alliance Server become like my Horde Server in which I play around with them a lot have them be twenty five and so on for the alts.
Sorry if I'm bladding on what I'm expecting, but I do love World of Warcraft more than Starcraft and haven't gotten into Diablo and it doesn't mean I don't hate it or don't like it. It's just I love Warcraft more out of the three honestly. Just grew up with it, like I did Nintendo.
[/QUOTE]

Well dont really have any ready modells for the female Pandarens but it's not to bad of an art.

Level 24
Yes still Blizzard will not take a diffrent path then the one they have set out for so Mists of Pandaria will be for sure. But if everyone at Blizzard liked the idea of Mists of Pandaria so I think it's going to be epic and awsome. And yes many people will probebly leave World of WarCraft because of Pandaren and Blizzard is aware of that. Still Blizzard rather do an epic expansion then to care about the random haters that hates Mists ofPandaria just because the Pandaren looks idiotic.

This is happening so the best idea is to just see where this expansion takes us and enjoy the ride and trying to change Blizzards mind about Mists of Pandaria is like trying to get ZP Theart back to DragonForce, trust me it will be much more fun if you just sit down and enjoy the ride, we learned that very clearly when Cataclysm was realesed.

Level 27
Well, despite pandaren beeing big, fat and... overall silly, not to mention they were born as easter egg back in WC3 TFT (First they were mentioned back in April Fools if I'm not mistaken, as a standalone race), they will have right to exist in the universe of Warcraft, I mean, you actually did had some chances to encounter them in the campaing and even get one of pandarens as a hero in Orc campaing. And they seem to be an intresting addition, I mean in past expansions most of races added were more ferocious (goblins as suicidal capitalist maniacs, mana-addicts blood elves, worgen who are pretty much werewolves) and this one is... more or less a more peaceful race.

Level 11
Well, despite pandaren beeing big, fat and... overall silly, not to mention they were born as easter egg back in WC3 TFT (First they were mentioned back in April Fools if I'm not mistaken, as a standalone race), they will have right to exist in the universe of Warcraft, I mean, you actually did had some chances to encounter them in the campaing and even get one of pandarens as a hero in Orc campaing. And they seem to be an intresting addition, I mean in past expansions most of races added were more ferocious (goblins as suicidal capitalist maniacs, mana-addicts blood elves, worgen who are pretty much werewolves) and this one is... more or less a more peaceful race.

You need the claws, mana addiction and capitalistic suicide to kill others :))

Ok joking xD What can i say?I think it would come out nice if blizzard puts their work on it, and develop the characters well so they will be detailed and look good...
Btw, people shouldn't abandon a game just because a newly added race in my opinion, what stops them to play the game if that race is added?Or what forces them to use that race?

Level 21
Well I'm looking forward to it and having another WoW character in my Horde Faction on my Blackhand Server in which I should actually have more characters, but I'm waiting for others.

The real thing I'm concerned about is PvP. Remember when Death Knights were introduced? It wasn't until the very last season where Dk's were actually manageable to fight. (which wasn't until several nerfs) I have a feeling that Blizz may have the same problems as before. Hopefully, if they do, they fix it quicker than in the past.

I also am doubtful of some of the features, but idk, I'll wait it out and see how it goes. Blizz usually ends up tailoring things pretty well to WoW, to make it at least somewhat enjoyable. Maybe that pokemon thing will end up being a nice thing for quick lol's while in queue, who knows? :p

Level 24
Yes Tleno you're right they WERE a april fools joke and if you complain about peacefull races you've clearly not played WoW enough to encounter a Tauren or a Night Elf. And when it coming to other things then their mana addiction bloodelves can be very peacfull, they are mostly hanging around and being Sylvanas's bitches. And why is it such a big deal to you how they look? They are fat, so are the dwarfs. They are big, so is the Taurens. And they are overall silly looking, well so are gnomes but I dont see you complain about any of those races. You also like the Worgens who right now are Tyrande's personal @$$ kissers and complaining about peacfull races when Dreanai are the most peacfull race we have ever have in WoW.

And PurgeandFire111 I think Blizzard learned their lesson when it came to PvP and I don't think they would include a new class if they didn't think it would end good.

And Rispetto brings forth a good point Tleno, Pandarens are something new. What other race would you have? Ogre's to the Horde? The Ogres are like big orcs so it wouldn't really be any new content of characters or lore. Nagas to the Horde? Well the last thing the game needs is another race of @$$ kissers. And would you suggest Furbolgs for the alliance if you think Pandarens look silly?

Level 27
Hey, I'm not complaining about pandarens if you ask me for my personal opinion.

Ogres are too dumb, nagas are too hostile to land dwellers, not to mention this race has no legs so would be harder to animate and... well they wouldn't have any shoes or pants I guess. Furbolgs are pretty much just creeps to fight too.

Honestly I have no idea why now you are thinking I'm against Pandarens.

Level 11
Yes Tleno you're right they WERE a april fools joke and if you complain about peacefull races you've clearly not played WoW enough to encounter a Tauren or a Night Elf. And when it coming to other things then their mana addiction bloodelves can be very peacfull, they are mostly hanging around and being Sylvanas's bitches. And why is it such a big deal to you how they look? They are fat, so are the dwarfs. They are big, so is the Taurens. And they are overall silly looking, well so are gnomes but I dont see you complain about any of those races. You also like the Worgens who right now are Tyrande's personal @$$ kissers and complaining about peacfull races when Dreanai are the most peacfull race we have ever have in WoW.

And PurgeandFire111 I think Blizzard learned their lesson when it came to PvP and I don't think they would include a new class if they didn't think it would end good.

And Rispetto brings forth a good point Tleno, Pandarens are something new. What other race would you have? Ogre's to the Horde? The Ogres are like big orcs so it wouldn't really be any new content of characters or lore. Nagas to the Horde? Well the last thing the game needs is another race of @$$ kissers. And would you suggest Furbolgs for the alliance if you think Pandarens look silly?

I think he was actually supporting the pandarens not bashing them, as he was telling that they have the right to exist in the warcraft universe...but ohh well

Level 24
Okey if I made that alitle unclear I support Pandarens to 100% and the reason I belive you hate Pandarens is because you said this. But if I missunderstood you I want to appologise.

Well, despite pandaren beeing big, fat and... overall silly, not to mention they were born as easter egg

Level 24
Yes thanks for your understanding, also I really think this expansion will be awsome on every level. It has been so bad to see Tyrande turn into Malfurions armcandy and the bloodelves to Sylvanas b!th©hes.

Level 27
I wonder about the Pandaren. I mean, if they'll belong to both sides of conflict, this means we'll get to kill Pandaren with pandaren. And you now, from their looks and racial traits they seem to be most peaceful race. Wonder how will this clash with the fact that a pandaren warrior will have to slay his own brother. Guess the pandas are gonna have some kind of inner conflict. Maybe their emperor died and two of his anchestors have turned in different ways, each joining with different faction. Or something like that.

Level 24
Blizzard answered on this question during Q & A and Pandarens aren't an aggresive race and they're fighting each others just to teast their metals and to have fun which sounds a litle stupid since one of them dies but that is what Chris Metzen said.

Level 24
Silly, yes, bad, no!

When it comes to lore yes wow ruin the game in some levels but in many others no.

Level 24
That question got to answer and answer one is nobody dies in the game but many people die lorewise.

Level 24
Yes and now Blizzard will use Pandaria as a threat and say for every month you don't subscribe we kill a panda!

Status
Not open for further replies.