• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's so bad with wow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M93

M93

Level 2
Well, except it's prise and thing is that if you want to be really good, you have to play it very often (not all day like addict, but it takes a lot of your time), nothing, It's a MMORPG, and it has everything that good MMORPG needs. And if you play something 4 years constantly, you get bored (unless you become an addict).

But thing I really hate about it is LORE!!!!!!
There are some interesting stuff, like Draenei, i like what they did with ogres, dwarfs, Scarlet Crusade, Old Gods, Varian Wrynn... But really, i could write an essey about what I hate.

(WARNING: if you don't know much about the Lore of Warcraft, DON'T READ THIS, you l' only be confused)

1. Every major character becomes a boss. And not only bad guys.
-Kargath Bladefist, major character from Warcraft II, becomes a fel orc and Illidan's luetenant, you kill him.
-Zul'jin, one of the most important trolls in warcraft universe, you kill him.
-Malygos, blue dragon aspect, you kill him.

2. Some people are alive, altough they died earlier.
-Nearly every character from Warcraft II (except Lothar and Gul'dan) who died is alive.
-From Warcraft III, Maghteridon is alive, just so you can kill him again. Maiev also survived.
-Dreadlord thing... Balnazzar is alive. O.K. they explained it, you need a very strong magic to permanently kill them, Tichondrius is dead because Illidan used Skull of Gul'dan. O.K. Why is Mal'ganis alive? He was killed with Frostmourne, one of the strongest sword in Warcraft universe, wich is MAGICAL!!! Not to mention that Mal'ganis does the same thing like Balnazzar did. What's next, Tichondrius is alive too?

4. Absence of logic in some stuff.
-Gorehowl, Grom's axe is in possesion of Eredar prince Malchhezzar, who is in Karazhan on Azeroth. WTF? Grom killed Mannoroth in front of Thrall, the most logical thing he would do is take the axe of his fallen comrade, and later give it to his son. It is never explained how Malchezzar got it.
-Medivh and Garona had a child, who is now new Guardian of Tirisfal, who is half human-quarter orc-quarter draenei. WTF? In "Last Guardian" (novel), she calls Medivh Old Man. Would you call your lover Old Man?
-Garosh Hellscream never had any contact with humans before BC, and now he is more pissed off and violent than Grom Hellscream, and he is a fucking Mag'har, he never tasted the demon blood!

5. Illidan
I'm not "Oh my god, they can't kill Illidan" guy. But please! He becomes completely insane, and doesn't have any plans except hiding from Kill'jaiden in Black Temple, waiting for someone to kill him. His death should at least have something to do with Malfurion and Tyrande, and he is killed by Maiev, Warcraft character I hate the most (after Garosh), Akama, and few players. I don't say it's impossible, but it's lame!

6. Repetitive bosses!
There are some character wich you fight at least two times, like Nefarian (in Cata you fight a "Zombified Nefarian", even Deathwing isn't crazy enough to animate his own son), Ragnaros, C'thun, Arugal... Unless you have a good explanation (Like for Kel'Thuzad), it's stupid.

7. Richard A. Knaak
Everything this guy writes is canon in Warcraft, and he is by far THE WORST WRITTER I ever read.

8. And so on

That is the reason why they will never create a Warcraft IV. By time they finish last expansion for WoW, every major character who could be a villain will be killed.

Level 21
Ummm......how can Lothar and Gul'dan still be alive?
Anduin Lothar fought in the Blackrock Spire and risked his life to save his people and his army that he controlled and Gul'dan went to the Tomb of Sargeras and was ripped to shreds. They could reappear as ghosts, but not living at all anymore.
Well just think about it, Cycle of Hatred explained the orcs and humans future plans for their races, and then WoW came along to make Warcraft IV. I agree also that Wrath of the Lich King is fucking retarded, and the Death Knights ere a cool feature when they showed them, but now the idea just plains suck. MEH....
Oh and why the hell is Blizzard taking away all the good villains from Warcraft and they are probably just gonna run out of ideas and add messed up people or just add people that came back and do it from there.

M93

M93

Level 2
Ummm......how can Lothar and Gul'dan still be alive?
I mean Lothar and Gul'dan (and Dentarg too, i forgot him) are only characters who stayed dead for now. Teron Gorefiend reapered, Cho'gall became Cthulu look-alike, everyone from the Alliance Expedition survived.

Level 8
Why is it bad? I'd prefer ask why is it good?
Kill creeps for 15 minutes, sell items, kill more creeps, sell again. Do this until you are lvl 80, which
takes about 2 years.
Then playing WoW makes most of people "nolifers".
It costs, 15$ in a month? You can but WC3 with that money...

What a great game :thumbs_up:
What's so bad with WoW? Nothing is so bad, it's just generally unappealing to a large group of people. Then again, it is also very appealing to a perhaps even larger group of people. I bought WoW on the day of release and played until late TBC, what turned me off was the time and money it consumed, I guess.
WoW has a pretty unique and appealing fantasy style in contrast to shiny plates and real graphics in other mmorpgs.

Things that I dislike about this game are that most of the quests are boring and redundant, that the world does hardly change, you always kill some bad villians but these never act on their own and lose meaning in other areas and levels. The game outside of big instances has become very easy in WotLK. I do not have anything against that you can bash more enemies at once as this serves dynamics and can enable a higher difficulty on higher levels but in result you could take on one by one or disperse them and there was no danger even taking a bunch together. The big dependencies on items in pvp were also not very funny. You can only have good items if you play in party though it's more difficult to take a one-man journey. But that's just like Blizzard wants it: to bind you in a group.

My favorite action in WoW was to explore the lands with its creatures (especially on atmospheric nights).
I don't like games that are designed to ruin your life. :3

Plus, terrible graphics, boring gameplay, retarded social ability, and ridiculous pricing is not my cup of tea.

There goes some of the most solid reasons not to play WoW...
I tried it at two different times; both ended while my char around 25-30 level and me saying "What a waste of time.." And only reason I tried it a 2nd time was that I paid the game original+tbc+wotlk around 140 tr liras (which is around 140/1.6=87 american dolars i guess) I am tired of people saying "You should wait till you are level 80 and see the raids!" What? Do I have patience for repetitive, extremely boring quests like "gather 10 of these item, kill 12 of those creep" until I am 80? No, not really..
Other than that, I am mostly interested in game's storyline which is screwed up pretty bad. (Basically killing every major neutral character? Duh..)

Level 6
Well, except it's prise and thing is that if you want to be really good, you have to play it very often (not all day like addict, but it takes a lot of your time), nothing, It's a MMORPG, and it has everything that good MMORPG needs. And if you play something 4 years constantly, you get bored (unless you become an addict).

But thing I really hate about it is LORE!!!!!!
There are some interesting stuff, like Draenei, i like what they did with ogres, dwarfs, Scarlet Crusade, Old Gods, Varian Wrynn... But really, i could write an essey about what I hate.

(WARNING: if you don't know much about the Lore of Warcraft, DON'T READ THIS, you l' only be confused)

1. Every major character becomes a boss. And not only bad guys.
-Kargath Bladefist, major character from Warcraft II, becomes a fel orc and Illidan's luetenant, you kill him.
-Zul'jin, one of the most important trolls in warcraft universe, you kill him.
-Malygos, blue dragon aspect, you kill him.

2. Some people are alive, altough they died earlier.
-Nearly every character from Warcraft II (except Lothar and Gul'dan) who died is alive.
-From Warcraft III, Maghteridon is alive, just so you can kill him again. Maiev also survived.
-Dreadlord thing... Balnazzar is alive. O.K. they explained it, you need a very strong magic to permanently kill them, Tichondrius is dead because Illidan used Skull of Gul'dan. O.K. Why is Mal'ganis alive? He was killed with Frostmourne, one of the strongest sword in Warcraft universe, wich is MAGICAL!!! Not to mention that Mal'ganis does the same thing like Balnazzar did. What's next, Tichondrius is alive too?

4. Absence of logic in some stuff.
-Gorehowl, Grom's axe is in possesion of Eredar prince Malchhezzar, who is in Karazhan on Azeroth. WTF? Grom killed Mannoroth in front of Thrall, the most logical thing he would do is take the axe of his fallen comrade, and later give it to his son. It is never explained how Malchezzar got it.
-Medivh and Garona had a child, who is now new Guardian of Tirisfal, who is half human-quarter orc-quarter draenei. WTF? In "Last Guardian" (novel), she calls Medivh Old Man. Would you call your lover Old Man?
-Garosh Hellscream never had any contact with humans before BC, and now he is more pissed off and violent than Grom Hellscream, and he is a fucking Mag'har, he never tasted the demon blood!

5. Illidan
I'm not "Oh my god, they can't kill Illidan" guy. But please! He becomes completely insane, and doesn't have any plans except hiding from Kill'jaiden in Black Temple, waiting for someone to kill him. His death should at least have something to do with Malfurion and Tyrande, and he is killed by Maiev, Warcraft character I hate the most (after Garosh), Akama, and few players. I don't say it's impossible, but it's lame!

6. Repetitive bosses!
There are some character wich you fight at least two times, like Nefarian (in Cata you fight a "Zombified Nefarian", even Deathwing isn't crazy enough to animate his own son), Ragnaros, C'thun, Arugal... Unless you have a good explanation (Like for Kel'Thuzad), it's stupid.

7. Richard A. Knaak
Everything this guy writes is canon in Warcraft, and he is by far THE WORST WRITTER I ever read.

8. And so on

That is the reason why they will never create a Warcraft IV. By time they finish last expansion for WoW, every major character who could be a villain will be killed.

1. They were bad characters, and they worked for bad organizations, or had bad plans. What, is blizzard suppost to let them sit there, and rot with nothing to do? NO, they have to continue the lore.

2. When Dreadlords die, they don't really die, per se (Yes! I used a big word, *checks that word of lists of words to use in the future*. They return the the Twisting Nether. I guess Mal'ganis decided to return back to Azeroth.

4.Mag har, hmm - The mag'har (uncorrupted, brown orcs) are a faction of the remaining orcs of different orc clans that had escaped the corruption of the Burning Legion.

They have never been corrupted, never had the blood curse that most orcs have. Their name in Orcish means "uncorrupted". Perhaps growing up with green orcs has gotten to him, and Grom Trained Garrosh, so some of Grom of course could have rubbed off on him.

Whats wrong with calling somebody "old man"? Just a little pet name. Somebodies too serious >_>...

I agree with Malchezzar.

Watcha think?

Well, Maiev has been hunting down Illidan, and keeping him guard since..forever :p. It would be kind of...bad to keep her out of the killing.

The Zombifying of Netharian kind of makes sense. Bolster the armies.

Idk about this one.

1. They were bad characters, and they worked for bad organizations, or had bad plans. What, is blizzard suppost to let them sit there, and rot with nothing to do? NO, they have to continue the lore.

No. Just No.

2. When Dreadlords die, they don't really die, per se (Yes! I used a big word, *checks that word of lists of words to use in the future*. They return the the Twisting Nether. I guess Mal'ganis decided to return back to Azeroth.

No. Just no. You used a very small word, an inconsequential word. Per se my arse.
Its also not that simple.
IT would also make no sense to return.

He doesn't even mention the mag har.

Whats wrong with calling somebody "old man"? Just a little pet name. Somebodies too serious >_>...

Even if its too serious, it still doesn't make SEEENSE.

Sigh... no. just... no.

Well, Maiev has been hunting down Illidan, and keeping him guard since..forever :p. It would be kind of...bad to keep her out of the killing.

Not. The. Point.

M93

M93

Level 2

4.Mag har, hmm - The mag'har (uncorrupted, brown orcs) are a faction of the remaining orcs of different orc clans that had escaped the corruption of the Burning Legion.

They have never been corrupted, never had the blood curse that most orcs have. Their name in Orcish means "uncorrupted". Perhaps growing up with green orcs has gotten to him, and Grom Trained Garrosh, so some of Grom of course could have rubbed off on him.

I agree with Malchezzar.

Watcha think?

Idk about this one.

1. Actually of them three, only Zul'jin could be called "Evil". Other two are more neutral characters, even if Kargath worked for Ner'zhul.

2. Chris Metzen explained, when they added Balnazzar, why is he alive and Tichondrius not with that (if you see Tichondrius page on WoWWiki, it says he is deceased). Explanation that they go to the Twisting Nether was after they added Mal'ganis.
P.S. "per se" is not a big word."Otorinoralingonošpinologija" is :)

4. Mag'har are uncorrupted. Initially, orcs were not violent. I think that Garosh was sick, so i dont think Grom trained him at all. He was also ashamed of his father. plus Garosh is annoying, he is too much "lets kill them all". He acts like a five year old

5. There were no implications that they were intimate prior to the Comic.

6. You are right about Maiev. My point was that WoW Illidan was lame.

7. Actually, you're right about Nefarian.

P.S. I little overreacted. I thought of Warcraft story as a movie or a book, while it's a game. When I played the campaigns in RoC and TFT, I thought "Wow, this would be a great movie"

Level 11
The reason why i think Wow is bad now is because when WoW was just WoW and not BC,WOTLK, or CATA it was amazing! the whole ranking system... world pvp, every thing about it was balanced.. i remember it being really hard to become rank 10-15 (Champion to High Warlord (Old Ranking System)) people had to actually pvp a lot to keep their ranks to get the armor and weapons... but now people have like 150k+ hp and it takes people forever to kill each other.. when b4 we always had world pvp battles, now its not as big as b4, idk if people will agree with me but thats why me and most of my friends quit... right when i got BC i quit like a month later... there was just something special about WoW

Level 3
The reason why i think Wow is bad now is because when WoW was just WoW and not BC,WOTLK, or CATA it was amazing! the whole ranking system... world pvp, every thing about it was balanced.. i remember it being really hard to become rank 10-15 (Champion to High Warlord (Old Ranking System)) people had to actually pvp a lot to keep their ranks to get the armor and weapons... but now people have like 150k+ hp and it takes people forever to kill each other.. when b4 we always had world pvp battles, now its not as big as b4, idk if people will agree with me but thats why me and most of my friends quit... right when i got BC i quit like a month later... there was just something special about WoW

This was a very good point.

World PvP was awesome, nobody ever does that anymore.

And I miss 40-man raids :(

Level 3
World PvP = Not balanced
40 man raids = Not balanced either

And Vanilla... Even less balanced. Still no one wants to accept that.

IMHO PvP was balanced in classic, and I liked the idea of having a class for each race that the other race didn't have.

Also how weren't 40 man raids balanced?

40 man classic naxx was 100 x better than the joke that is naxx today.

Level 20
It is just a fact that it is theorically impossible to balance a raid encounter for 40 players. And it really sucks to try to organize a 40 man group and then it sucks even more if there is even one dumbfuck the other 39 will have to eat the wipes.

And classic pvp... Just very short fights in general and too much the one hit thingy because of the nonexistand resilience.

Level 9
Wow is a great game, but it does miss something. I've played enough to say something.

1. Blizzard wants game to be excesable ( sry for my grammar :)) , but by trying that they make it easy and chalangeless. I leveled a War and a Priest to lvl 60, there were few hard things but I overgeared then son. Some bosses were fun in 5-mans but most are just tank-spank-I-do-nothing-at-all-still-Im-a-"major"character-in-this-dungeonish thing.

2. I kind of feel like there is a lack of really rare items that show your value, like Reins of a Deathcharger in vanilla (not sure). And PvP tittles too.

3. World PvP was unique, but now it's limited to few zones ( I belive Wintergrasp and Tol Barad,but again not sure). I would also stop nerfing bosses. If u cant kill it try learning strat instead of QQing on forums :p

Level 26
I am testing out a new trial at the moment and think that some things changed to the worse. Especially that each quest in pinpointed on the minimap now misleads the player further to not read the descriptions and activate one's brain/it forms the search journey less adventurous. A lot of easy information is given like when you can buy a new skill from trainer, what are the instances you can apply for at your level or when spells should be casted. On the other hand, precise information has been decreased. Look at the tooltips of the spells, they only offer a generic use, not even numbers. It is like Blizzard is literally saying "You are dumb and should advance to the highest level as soon as possible". There are more simplifications and that leads to another problem. You can find your instance party by using the dungeon browser. You do not need to manage the classes, get automatically thrown into a constellation the developers wish for (Tank, Healer, Damage Dealer, Damage Dealer, Damage Dealer are what the Death Mines expect at least). Then you get ported into the instance without doing a step and back after the instance is finished. The most horrible is that you will be just huddled together with random people you have never spoken to. The need of communication has been completely crippled before guilds.

Another feeling is you seem to gain much more money than before and you need little to invest in professions. There is even now a teacher at the start location that learns you the basics of any profession.

Level 3
Wow is a great game, but it does miss something. I've played enough to say something.

1. Blizzard wants game to be excesable ( sry for my grammar :)) , but by trying that they make it easy and chalangeless. I leveled a War and a Priest to lvl 60, there were few hard things but I overgeared then son. Some bosses were fun in 5-mans but most are just tank-spank-I-do-nothing-at-all-still-Im-a-"major"character-in-this-dungeonish thing.

2. I kind of feel like there is a lack of really rare items that show your value, like Reins of a Deathcharger in vanilla (not sure). And PvP tittles too.

3. World PvP was unique, but now it's limited to few zones ( I belive Wintergrasp and Tol Barad,but again not sure). I would also stop nerfing bosses. If u cant kill it try learning strat instead of QQing on forums :p

Cataclysm kills your first point.

World PvP has always been limited to a few zones, the problem now is that Gurubashi Arena and that other place is unpopulated. You could also try PvP servers.

There are some very rare items, for example sulfuros, hand of ragnaros, baron rivendares horse, shadowmourne, that thunder sword, most PvP titles, Private included, but liked less.
Also with the removal of ZG, those 2 mounts are super rare now too.
There are also some companions that are super rare and hard to find.
And that alchemist recipe for making you a dragon mount.

Level 12
The game is a rare work. It is hard to make a world like that and make good graphics, that is what RuneScape did not achieve, and the creators made it online. It has a bad side, it is unacessible, I have buyed 3 WoW disk, and have not got support or any idea how the hell do people enter the world of warcraft. I think that the game has good graphics, but the NPC textures I saw are blurry, undefined, low quality, even compared to WC3 models.

People keep saying it is not ballenced. They need to post viable proof supporting their argument instead of hot air. Not being better than everyone and not being able to play are not viable supporting proofs eithor.
Actually, that is true. See, people first use XYZ spells to counter a class, failing. Then, they nerf said class, but then they realize they have ABC spells that could counter them, but it already got nerfed. Then, they nerf that class and boost the nerfed class, creating more unbalance, because players have different combos.

It's hard to balance a world that has different skill values with so many numbers.

Level 20
Pretty cool patch this 4.1.0.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
The game itself it nice, but some things made me stop playing it.
1. of all, it's god damn easy. Talent trees are like, easy as shit to master, and leveling is not a problem either
2. I believe that a lot of people have same talents, so it's deffinetly not fun to play with someone that is almost same as you are
3. those sets of items. Again, it's too easy, farm honor and buy those LISTED items for PvP gear. Is this a fail or what?

What I meant to say, it's to god damn easy, and there's no real difference in players.

Level 3
The game itself it nice, but some things made me stop playing it.
1. of all, it's god damn easy. Talent trees are like, easy as shit to master, and leveling is not a problem either
2. I believe that a lot of people have same talents, so it's deffinetly not fun to play with someone that is almost same as you are
3. those sets of items. Again, it's too easy, farm honor and buy those LISTED items for PvP gear. Is this a fail or what?

What I meant to say, it's to god damn easy, and there's no real difference in players.

Cataclysm heroics/raids/regular dungeons are much harder than WotLK and TBC.

Vunjo

Level 14
yes it is blizzard's fault for it. In other MMORPG Allods online everyone but I mean EVERYONE got different talent tree, cause it's much more complicated and bigger. Talent tree in wow is still easy even in Cataclysm.

Level 20
Heroics were hard in Wotlk and TBC too. But it just takes 1 month or less before Blizz makes them easier. That happened in Cata too. They added random buffs + now people just outgear heroics and there is 0 cc etc.

And talent trees suck because they dont allow hybrids and trees are so short that you cant go wrong...

Vunjo

Level 14
ok I don't care how hard heroics are. What's the use if u go in a rain instance, while 4 of players are exactly the same? That is what sux in wow. There is no fun in PvP either, everybody is fuckin the same, that's not role play imo. And yeah, what super-sheep said, you can't go wrong in talent trees which is also not good.

Level 9
Cataclysm kills your first point.

World PvP has always been limited to a few zones, the problem now is that Gurubashi Arena and that other place is unpopulated. You could also try PvP servers.

There are some very rare items, for example sulfuros, hand of ragnaros, baron rivendares horse, shadowmourne, that thunder sword, most PvP titles, Private included, but liked less.
Also with the removal of ZG, those 2 mounts are super rare now too.
There are also some companions that are super rare and hard to find.
And that alchemist recipe for making you a dragon mount.

No, Cataclysm proves my point and I'm wasnt refering to Legendary items...

Level 24
I will tell you what's so bad with WoW. You put weeks of playtime on gaining gear in Naxx and then Ulduar is realesed and all you naxx 25 man hc gear is useless so instead you start playing on a level one twink get addicted and now he got 2060 Achivment Points The Noble, The Diplomat and Explorer title. 75 pets 4 exalted reputations and more playtime then my 2 85 chars toghether.

Level 20
I will tell you what's so bad with WoW. You put weeks of playtime on gaining gear in Naxx and then Ulduar is realesed and all you naxx 25 man hc gear is useless so instead you start playing on a level one twink get addicted and now he got 2060 Achivment Points The Noble, The Diplomat and Explorer title. 75 pets 4 exalted reputations and more playtime then my 2 85 chars toghether.
Blizzard's fault that you do that.

Oh wait.

Level 24
When did I acuse Blizzard? And when did I say I didn't like it? I just said it ruined my life ;)

Level 1
I played World of Warcraftfor 2 years but i got bored. I don't know why but it has something who won't excite me anymore. Now i am playing private servers only for fun. So in my opinion the fact that makes me bored is a really bad thing.

Level 3
It costs $15 a month.

If I could just buy a $60 disc, install it, and play it forever like any normal video game, then I would probably be a WoW addict. Judging from my 2-week free demo and from Youtube videos, it is a very good game. However, for me, no game is good enough to justify that price. I realize that keeping the servers up and constantly rolling out updates is expensive, but that justifies the price for Blizzard, not for me, a pizza-delivering college student who has other things to worry about financially.

Level 3
Well this is my opinion on why wow is bad...
1. Fee to play the game...
2. Poor op Paladins.
3. Almost no balance, but it did have it before...
4. Trools?
5. Possible addiction.
6. Gearscore...

Last edited:
Level 20
It costs $15 a month.

If I could just buy a $60 disc, install it, and play it forever like any normal video game, then I would probably be a WoW addict. Judging from my 2-week free demo and from Youtube videos, it is a very good game. However, for me, no game is good enough to justify that price. I realize that keeping the servers up and constantly rolling out updates is expensive, but that justifies the price for Blizzard, not for me, a pizza-delivering college student who has other things to worry about financially.
I dont know about you but mostly when I buy a new game I dont play it for a quite a long time. But I like to play Wow every now and then between the main patches because theres always something new. But at the moment waiting for the new season to begin.

It costs $15 a month.

And thats just reason #1.

Why Grind when you could spend that 45 dollars from 3 months of grinding on some delicious SRPG, or if your into multi player, something of that nature.

Level 20
They destroyed Low-Level druid healers (under 71) in cataclysm. however in my opinion they fixed arms warriors.

They more like raped them... The playstyle will now never be the same in the Cataclysm. All you do is you sit in one stance all the time and do ridicilous amounts of damage. Difference between a good and a bad warrior is rather nonexistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.