1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What is so bad with Warcraft lore since WoW?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by GST_Nemisis, Sep 17, 2007.

1. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i would like to know your opinoins on why the lore is so bad and what things have been messed up since WoW.

recently i have realised something, the lore isnt messed up at all. you have to imagine that you are the only player in WoW and that when you do a quest it has never been done before, you have to imagine that when you kill an enemy, you are the only person killing it. you have to imagine that you are a character that has grown stronger and become a hero in wow, just like illadin or arthas and that you are not one of a million other players, but that you are the new hero of the alliance/horde. the way i see it, WC4 will probably let you import your WoW characters looks and carry on the story, because there is a story to it all, even fighting illadin, look on the WoW web site, its quite good. eventually you realise that the lore is just fine, you just gotta have some imagination :p

2. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lore has been twisted into a corruopted form of itself to serve a grand purpose into an MMO?

3. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    GST is on the right track, but I disagree with the whole idea that you are the only one playing. You have to team up with other Heroes that have become strong (from playing WoW far too much) to take down people like Illidan. The only problem with the Lore to me, is all WoW does to advance the story is kill another famous person, and add a small story line.

4. Yum

Yum

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    The title is a misnomer. This isn't about lore at all. You just reiterated how storylines in MMOs work.

6. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeh, but its the same with storylines in all games, just because you are playing through wc3 as arthas doesnt mean that someone else with the game cant play through as arthas. the thing im trying to say is that the story does make sense, you have to imagine that you are a normal person that has grown strong into a hero etc etc.... its just like in single player games where you can custoise your character, its just like oblivion, but with lots of other people at the same time.

7. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, they just kill off villains in WoW. That's not a very decent lore.

8. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I have to agree with Will here. The lore is messed up...Badly.

9. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    lore is broken after wc3 because they changed it to make it conform to WoW, which isn't even that good anywayt.

prime example:blood elves. wc3 blood elf campaign clearly states that all the blood elves left or were killed. WoW "blood elves" are normal high elves. how many times does this need to be said.

10. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What lore......

11. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    WoW's lore isn't bad...it's Burning Crusade that is just horrible. I dunno if they're trying to distance themselves from Warhammer and LotR, but they messed it up bad. The whole feel of the world changed...ughabughaboo.

12. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again, you are reiterating the purpose of a roleplaying game, which is, in fact, roleplaying, which, in fact, has nothing to do with why most people hate WoW.

13. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Know what would be cool. To be a GM and play as Arthas in WoW and attack capitals!

14. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i dont think most people hate wow...most people wouldnt know what it was.

anyways i can reiterate what i want, because i can be happy playing wow and not be angry at everything like you.

have some imagination, you are a hero now, win the games against illadin and co...i dont understand why people find it so offensive to fight illadin...

anyways, none of you apart from Kjiverx has explained why the lore is bad, or why fighting illadin as your custom player instead of as arthas is such a problem.

15. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Over 8 million (that's over nine thousand) people play it. I know plenty of people who know what it is. I think it can be safe to assume that many, if not most, people know what it is. Either way, if you want to nitpick words, I'll be happy to add "here".
    A little ignorant, are we? I've never said I had anything against WoW's lore. You just assumed that because I was pointing out your logical fallacy. Learn to see colors and not just black and white. Also, the "Say what you want, I'll do what I want" statement is getting a little old in about, say, all the posts you've made in reply to me pointing something out. A little color in your creativity won't hurt. I enjoy many things. I have a healthy habit of criticizing many things. If you try not to act like an angsty teen every time what I criticize connects to you, everything works out better.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  16. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you have a habit of being an asshole. do me a favour, pretend i dont post, pretend i never say anything on these forums and ignor everything i say. i dont care for your opinoin so i dont want to see it.

17. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why, I love you too, but practice what you preach. :thumbs_up:

18. <Offspring>

<Offspring>

Resources:
    Resources:
    That u can kill Illidan Vashj Kael'thas and Kel'thuzad in WoW.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  19. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, and I can play thrall in wc3 and die! Horrible! ruins everything in the lore and ...everything..shocking..disgusting...

20. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make me wish I had wow to see what it was like. :ugly: