1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WoW is so boring

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Jaakko, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How can somebody like this game? It is more boring than visiting grandparents who don't have a computer to begin with.

I played to a lvl 10 character and all the time it is just killing creeps and getting experience. Also all of the towns and all places are completely boring. I see no unique places.

I played until lvl 10 and at any part I was not forced to use my brain at all. It was just run in the countryside and kill creeps.
    And furthermore the only way I would get addicted to this game is if I wanted to die of boredom. Good that I didn't have to pay anything for this tauren****.
    I would have wanted to attack the allied players but everybody said I should have a higher lvl and I couldn't find any allied players in barrens.
    So now I have to ask is there something I have missed or what makes WoW so addicting?

2. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The social aspect of wow is addictive;guilds and friends, those are the factors, not the actual game itself as grinding is a bitch. But personally i enjoy the game, i like its character, i dont find it "a peice of boring shit"

3. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    End game is what keeps it going.

And I don't mind grinding in WoW. I hate it in other games, but for some reason not WoW. Maybe they have formulated some kind of computer drug. It's the cocaine of computers.

4. Perry_

Perry_

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where to begin on what it seems you haven't covered... Many aspects are repetitive but the addicting part is how you go about doing those repeatitive things

-If you want unique cities and towns you have to go exploring beyond the beginner areas though my personal favorite and very unique city is Booty Bay which you can catch a ship to from Ratchet in Barrens

-Mulgore and Barrens are fairly boring landscape wise, everyone has different likings and the higher you are the more different areas you can see.

-I find the Alliance has much friendlier and generally nicer people. Its more for casual players which I don't find an insult because i play Alliance myself. Horde is more for experienced and usually the players are somewhat more serious about the game. Many can argue against this but its my opinion and many other people opinion. You sound more like a casual player in whi case go alliance.

-Wanna smash up the otherside without hunting them down? No low leveled Alliance people hang out in Barrens. Especially your level. However there is a way you can beat up some people your level. There called Battlegrounds and you can compete in a battleground and they're basically one small map in which to raise war on your opponents. They're like separate servers and other people from other servers can be in the same one. However the levels are split up so they don't become to unbalanced. There are 4 Battle grounds in total and you can compete in the first one at level 10. Which will be in the level 10-19 bracket. Each map has different Victory conditions and number of people per team. To enter any of these enter the military section of any city and lock for battle grounds masters. There usually a bunch of NPCs all standing together and a couple of real players hanging around. Asking someone for directions is also a good idea. When talking you can select any battlegrounds server or select first available. You will need to talk to the person in charge of Warsong Gulch. Try it out, seriously, some people even stop leveling and play WoW just for the pvp in Battlegrounds.

-Guilds: find the people that are right for you, whether its social, pvp or fast leveling orientated you can find whats right for you. Guilds just make it so much funner to play and can be come of the closest web pals you can have.

-Instances / Dungeons: You might of done one of these I'm not sure but a lot of instances are really fun as you must co-operate with 4 other people in a team. There are traps, surprises and treasure to be found.

-Generally exploring: I like to go beyond the areas I should, find new places, its kind of fun trying to creep past monsters. Both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms have a very different feel.

5. alfredx_sotn

alfredx_sotn

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Quit the game, move on, simple.

EDIT: The game was only fun in its old days when you had imbalanced shits to brag out about, every class was unique.

6. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I totally agree. I have played this game from level 1 to level 60. It was the same shit from the beginning to end: killing enemies brainlessly.

You have not missed anything. Like I said: it is same shit from beginning to end. Only fun what I see in this game is to go team speak with friends and complete some instances.

7. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    I always thought the addiction of ORPG's came from the items.

I wanna have teh best itemzzz o_O

8. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did I say it was boring? lol I was just in a seremony and after it ended Horde and allied attacked each other. We were all there from the server almost and it was fun.

9. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    End game fails. I took one run through Karazhan on my level 70 (I used to be totally addicted to the game, and I leveled to 70 when I got TBC because I was curious), and after 3 hours I got to the end and no loot for me, because I didn't have enough karma points?! WTF? I was freaking second on the damage meter and I'm a tank! So yeah, anyways, 3 hours of killing, dying, resurrecting and swearing in voice chat, for nothing.

So, that put me off the game for a week, I came back to do Gruul's Lair with my guild because it was a bit easier, this time I had a few karma points to spend too. Well, turns out from the first boss, nothing dropped for me. When we finally killed Gruul, after about 10 minutes of spamming taunt sunder and shield block, he drops my tier 4 piece. I am really happy and I decide to spend all 3 karma points on it. Well, turns out there was this fury warrior who already had a merciless gladiator piece filling that slot (tier 5 equivalent) that thought he needed something more "PVE oriented" and was the higher bidder.

And to think I played through all that again and again into tier 6. I am through with Blizzard's WoW.

Edits:
    @Perry_ : If that keeps you occupied, you must enjoy simple things. Maybe if WoW required timing like in Oblivion or Halo (just some examples), it would be more fun.
    @alfredx_sotn : You make a very good point. I agree. But I don't want it to go back, before I get addicted again and start paying $15 a month :\

Also-- Before I get carried away, what servers/char names do you all play on? I played on around 20 or so, so I may know you ;)

10. alfredx_sotn

alfredx_sotn

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can't go back to the old WoW.

:( It's sad but true!

11. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I played it for about a week, just couldnt get into it.
    Pretty much what you said, just same thing over and over.

It started to get fun thou, when I went in big groups to complete instances, but even they got repititive.

12. Night_Gob

Night_Gob

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I played until lvl 20 and quited. But whats annoys me most is that Blizzard have totally ruined the Warcraft fluff. With making all the wc3 heroes into instance bosses. And what about the scourge I thought they where unstoppable according to WoW they vanished? or?

thats my thoughts

13. blazing-inferno

blazing-inferno

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i was addicted the first time i got it, then after i hit lvl 40 then it started to get very boring... i wanted to pull my hair out when grinding because quests weren't good enough. when a quest has you jumping from land to land and only give you 2000 or 3000 exp its not worth it. i sucked it up until lvl 60, played pvp most of the time and hated every minute of it... so imbalanced in my server horde always won.... out of 50 games of wsg i won 1 game. mainly because the alliance ran around like monkeys while the horde was coordinated.

Another thing i didn't like was how most people were too into getting their epics and not helping the little guy. to me instances were a waste of time, i went to black rock spire like 10 times and came out with absolutely nothing. i quit shortly after reaching lvl 60 because it got so repetitive, i found myself playing wc3 more. but if i was in a guild with all friends and had time to play it i probably would go back but as for now i don't think its worth it... im not saying its a bad game but i guess it wasn't for me.

14. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was thankfully never addicted to WoW. I hit 40 and quit because I didn't play it enough to justify the monthly fee.

The game is not about grinding, if you recall. There are these things, they're called 'Quests'. You may have heard of them. Contrary to popular belief, not all quests are about mindlessly killing. Many of them are unique and creative, follow their own storyline, and provide phat loots for your hard work. Starting quests are always simple gather/kill/retrieve because they are intended to introduce you into the mechanics of the game, how it works.

Grinding in WoW is pointless. You'll probably end up killing the mobs for a quest, so why not kill the mobs, get quest xp, and quest loot instead of just mob xp?

PVP used to be fun, and doing arenas is about the only fun thing to do for it anymore (Battlegrounds are a waste of time and are only done for honor points, never for fun). The old system would allow you to get XP from doing Battlegrounds, it was great if you got tired of questing and wanted to do something else.

WoW is definetly not a bad game, but it's not for everyone. There are 6.5 billion people in this world, and 10 million of which play WoW. The game obviously appeals to said 10 million, but Blizzard can't make everyone be rabidly hooked on the game, despite their best attempts.

15. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Indeed, storyline... "Hey my family was killed and my cousin raped and my sister killed by the razormanes, why don't you go and collect their tusks for me?"

"Thanks for the tusks, my vengeance is complete! Now I want you to collect me 20 peaceblooms... For some reason."

"Ok now I need you to scout on the Razormanes up north for they killed my grandparents!"

"Now that you've scouted them, KILL them! Kill all of them!"

"You've killed them all!? Excellent! Here is a blue item for your hard work, you're most likely going to throw it away thought once you go to the Battlegrounds to get Gladiator gear."

16. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just like that!!! :DDDDD
    +REP!!!

17. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol tyranid that is just how I feel about the quests. None of them interest me.

18. Bismark101

Bismark101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, what WoW is: It is a timemachine xD

No, seriously, you can sit there and play then when you stop you think you've played for about 1-2 hours, but when you look at the clock you see you've played about 5 hours!!!

Btw. I got a 51 warrior, stopped playin (almost) and almost start playing Wc3/Wc3TFT :)

19. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think wow has a lot of things for lots of people. There's the social interaction factor like Wulf said, there's the "rule the auction house" money-making factor, there's the endgame factor, there's the roleplaying factor, there's the raiding factor, there's the battlegrounds factor... lots of stuff.

20. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Quests are just a means of breaking up the tedium of leveling. Those alone are not supposed to entertain you through the entire game. 5-mans are just a means to gear you up for the early raids. PvPing is just a means to patch holes in gear that you couldn't find in 5-mans, as well as something to do during off-nights. The real game starts when you begin raiding....thats where the social aspect is, the teamwork aspect....and, of course, the addiction and bragging rights. :D
    -VGsatomi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.