• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW is so boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Level 7
YAH... you didn't miss much... except the cotnent in the other 60 level's... WoW was obviously your first MMORPG because they all start off boring...

Level 7
Playing WoW to level 10 and basing the game on that would be like playing the first 10 minutes of the campaign, and then make your opinion on that speck of the game.

Maybe it's not your style, but I remember I started as a Dwarf and I loved it, the environment in that game is great. You must be playing as a human or something, if you think nothing in that game is unique. In my opinion WoW has the best art (not graphics, art) out of any game out there.

The first levels are by far the most poorly designed areas of the game, because you're there for what, 2 hours? Outlands is amazing as is most of the world. The quests are well told and the instances are very fun (except gnomergan, never do it).

Level 26
Playing WoW to level 10 and basing the game on that would be like playing the first 10 minutes of the campaign, and then make your opinion on that speck of the game.
It is also a lot like taking a piece of the information given on a post made 4 months ago and basing your entire argument on that speck of text.

Topics stay, arguments do not.

Level 19
Well other thing is that for some reason I am never able to beat two enemy heroes of the same lvl alone (which would be so fun if I could). I mean I can barely beat one enemy hero. WoW would be so much cooler if I could somehow get an uber character and pawn 10 enemy players. But after t6, arena gear, enchants and socket gems there isn't much you can do for your character anymore and it becomes boring. It would be cool if I could somehow do a solo mission that gives and item better than t6 etc.

Level 36
I wish there were more items that give less passive bonuses. Stats are... well, they aren't that amazing. I can beat an arms warrior in full S3 with my tier 4 hunter, but I can't beat a S1 warlock with my tier 6 mage. LIEKWTF? And not only that, but a tier 5 mage can beat my tier 6 mage just because he is a blood elf and has silence. LIEKWTFSRSLYDOOD?!

I think you should be able to choose from a huge list of racial powers for your character when you make a new one.

Level 9
Yes i agree witht hat racial thing you cant expect that all of the Humans (example) to be good with hammers swords etc.

Level 17
Racials suck, but Blizzard doesn't want to revamp its racial system.
Racials suck hard and WoW always had a rock/paper/scissors balance. This is why arena sucks and this is why battlegrounds could be fun - masses vs masses and you pick fights, but battlegrounds suck today, they are fun no more, AV ends in 10 minutes, WSG sometimes never ends, the BC BattleGround is boring (at least to me).

It would be cool if I could somehow do a solo mission that gives and item better than t6 etc.
It is called lvl 60 elite hunter quest. It's one of the most awesome quests in the game without a doubt. Too bad Blizzard didn't make more content like that. It was awesome, very challenging, hard and entertaining.

The first levels are by far the most poorly designed areas of the game, because you're there for what, 2 hours? Outlands is amazing as is most of the world. The quests are well told and the instances are very fun (except gnomergan, never do it).
I know it was a reply to an ancient old post but I don't agree. I loved all the low-level areas, actually I think they are waaaay much better than most of the BC Areas.

Level 15
Alright, here's my opinion on World of Warcraft:
It is a fun game to play (or atleast it was, which will be explained later) especially on private servers, where you are given the freedom to lay Stormwind to waste. PvP with LOTS of people (I'm talking MULTIPLE 40-men raids at a time, folks) is TONS of fun (if you could handle the awesomeness, you cheap, pathetic people... GO BUY A NEW COMPUTER!).
It's like Warcraft III from the perspective of the soldier rather than the general or whoever.

Normal servers are OK, but too slow-paced for my tastes. x2 would be better (for all levels, not just 20-40) but whatever. The triggered quests are absolutely wonderful (especially the one that lets you listen to Sylvanus singing). Though the quests tend to become repetitive at times, they give you a goal, so instead of grinding for the sake of mob XP, you're grinding for the sake of mob XP, quest XP, and the occasional item/weapon/etc.

Here come the down-sides. BOTH sides (I mean it, I'm a fluent Horde/Alliance guy) HAVE IMMATURE PLAYERS. You CANNOT escape them. There will ALWAYS BE a 9 year old hiding behind that Orc or Human or Night Elf or whoever-the-hell. Although I disagree on what you said (THE FIRST AND LAST TIME BRAD, I SWEAR) about 80% of the players on WoW. The way I see it is like this: most players you see (especially early on) are immature. Only when you get into the guilds will you possibly see mature players. Trust me on this one.

The balance died. Burning Crusade trashed WoW with satanic armor-sets and the death of one of the most badass villains in Warcraft. No, not that panzy Kael'Thas. ILLIDAN. THE RAPER OF TYRANDE, A BAZILLION YEARS OLD NIGHT ELF PLA-I mean, Priestess. WOE IS ME FOR THE LOSS OF OUR HERO'S TITANIUM GUNS.

On the addiction note: my father and his father have addictive personalities. Did I possibly inherit them? Perhaps. But I'm not addicted to the game. I HARDLY play now-a-days. You choose to be addicted. You can quit whenever you want to, but most choose not to because it's like a drug. It produces cells that give the brain pleasure (name rolls off of my tongue). It might not effect you physically (like a needle or powder), but it most DEFINITELY can affect you mentally.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All in all, WoW is a good game. But it still has it's quirks (such as MEGA imbalances and the death of Illidan [B.C.], slow XP/drop rate, and immature players [depends on server and stuff], and I almost forgot: The GM response rate is slower than the speed of my 10 year old phone.

AL FINE.

Level 4
Well, in a way Blizzard is trying to make money most of all and by making the game extremly time-consuming but at the same time extremly addicting, it last longer than almost every other game in existance, and so as gives blizzards oodles of money to make an even bigger candy maze.

Level 36
Sorry, replying to an older post because the mailing list is fucked.

Anyway, you think Illidan's bad? THAT'S NOTHING. Three guesses who's dying in WOTLK. Fucking Arthas.

And unless i'm sorely mistaken, Illidan should have died in Northrend like the good cinematic promised and that would be that. I consider it a violation of the lore just to put him in WoW, but they needed someone to throw in there before they let us have a go at Arthas.

Level 24
Well whole WoW is just raping the lore like hell.. Seriously how can like some 40 random people go and kille Nefarian and Onyxia? Like seriously they are childern of the freaking Deathwing and Deathwing could wipe like an army in a sec... The lore makes sense as much as speaking banana

They aren't fucking Arthas. You 'interact' with him and obtain quests from him (such as the one for the Deathknight Hero Class.

There is no Death Knight unlocking quest, just have a level 55+ character on a given realm and poof, you can create your Death Knight. And you won't take any quests from Arthas, he'll just pop here and there, threatening you when you finally meet him at Angrathar the Wrath Gate (northern Dragonblight), eventually leading up to a showdown in Icecrown Citadel. That's where the first act of the expansion will end.

Level 36
Told you >.>

And worst of all, he drops fucking Frostmourne. It's going to be an artifact (that pale gold colour that you may have noticed if you've played on a Private Server, because the GM versions of the Twin Blades of Azzinoth feature them), so it will have like zero droprate, but none the less.

An idea I've had for ultra-rare shit is this: Every time the item drops the percent chance for it to drop gets less and less. This way, it would never actually hit zero, it would just get infinitely small chance to drop.

Level 15
I've been on a GM server before mate. I know.

A pity... when he dies, Blizzard's going to be out of bosses. I hear that a guild sliced-and-diced Kil'Jaeden a few days ago. STG or something like that. Or maybe it was SVG? Way to go Blizzard!

Level 12
Because, the demons like making these more complicating, and less simple, and less logic!! Plus why send all of kil'jaedin when he can just teleport his arm to kick ass!?! Omg it would be so cool to wear is bracers!

Level 36
288gpk.jpg

Level 19
Hmm Frostmourne will drop? That is against the lore of Warcraft. I guess if it drops only a deathknight can use it. I'm still waiting for those uber legendary one-handed axes though... What do you think will Blizzard make a new expansion after WotLK?

Level 36
Hmm Frostmourne will drop? That is against the lore of Warcraft. I guess if it drops only a deathknight can use it. I'm still waiting for those uber legendary one-handed axes though... What do you think will Blizzard make a new expansion after WotLK?

They were actually supposed to make an expansion called 'Secrets of Azeroth' which would include tiny things across the world, such as South Seas, Maelstrom, and Emerald Dream. Dunno why it was never released, and WotLK got development instead.

And Frostmourne dropping is just one of thousands of lore retcons thanks to WoW.

Level 36
Secrets of Azeroth would have Mount Hyjal, too, but now it is some dumb caverns of BS dungeon where Blizzard shatters the awesome story behind Archimonde's death and allows 25 little faggots in shiny armor to kill him instead. Now Hyjal is just one of those "off-limits" zones that you can get into if you know how by jumping over invisible walls and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.