• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wow...for Freeee?(Runes of Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I posted this on numerous sites, so this is copy and paste

http://mmohub.org/game/runes-of-magic/

Runes of Magic.. Its a free MMORPG. And is infact the only game ever to get close enough to be a WoW clone... It has essentially every interface feature, the item grading system, and so on, seriously its basically WoW for free. Sure its not original, but its free, and its the highest budgeted Free MMO I believe also, so if anyone is tired of paying 15 bucks a month, I seriously recommend Runes of Magic.. I been playing it for a few days, and it seems to also use other features from other games, and this MMO seems to have some of the things WoW lacks... Such as

Guild Wars, Guilds can actually fight, and if I remember fro what people say, you can even have your own guild castles(kinda like you have your own small castle in Guild Wars) I think they can ally too but I'm not too sure.

The level cap so far in this is 50, and grinding actually doesnt take forever until your in the mid 20s, then it gets slower, and content doesn't start until lvl 10.. Also at lvl 10, Dual Classes kicks in..

Duel Classes is a primary/secondary class system, where when your character reaches level 10, they can pick another class to be there secondary, one thing about this though, is its essentially 2 characters in one, as in you level them seperately and you can only change primaries at your houses(Yes you can get a house) And theres another tab where theres non class specific spells. Like mine was a Lvl 12 Knight and a lvl 9 mage, I couldnt use most of my mages spells, but I could use some other mage spells like fireballs and stuff. Its very nifty.

One thing about this MMO is is every patch, or every month they add 2 levels to the cap, and every so often they make 2 new classes/races.

Here are the current and upcoming classes.

Scout/Human
Mage/Human
Warrior/Human
Knight/Human
Rogue/Human
Priest/Human
Warden-Next Month/Elf
Druid-Next Month/Elf

The customization system is alot better then WoWs too.. Hair colors you can literally pick which exact shade/highlight, theres a panel where you can choose your colors, not preset of 10 different colors. Next is you can literaly shape your character, from there breasts(>.>) Size of your chest/Forearm/hand/Wrist/Foot/Hip/Ankle/Height/head

The Gear system is also very similar but theres also more. You can have 2 Rings/ 2 Necklaces, and everything else is pretty much like WoW gearing. Theres also a nifty button, when you switch classes like Knight to Mage, you cant use chainmail or plate on a mage, so if you already have cloth armor in your bags, you click the button, and you start fresh, equip your new gear, and you can go back and forth.

Mounts... You can get them essentially any level, alot are temporary, some are perma. I think you can have flying ones too.

Everything in the game is VERY similar or exactly the same, Things like Flightpaths, they changed it to something else but its the same thing..

If you cant/wont pay for WoW, this is a good way to experiance it, theres raids and everything. One of its major cons was it was too similar to WoW, but its better, and its Freeeee.

Its well worth playing =)

Just so pple stop asking

THE SERVER WE PLAY ON IS RENI
MY USERNAME IS PunWisp, ANMANS IS Force

The above is because on numerous sites I posted on pple kept asking "what server do you play on? Whats your user" Despite it getting said in every other post.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ummm.... There is never such a thing as a free MMORPG. You failed to actually tell the catch of the game (how they get money from you playing) as all MMORPGs must have them to be viable. Basically all "free" MMORPGs get their income from somewhere, afterall thats how they can afford the servers which do cost a lot.

Level 12
Yea.. they have sponsors and shit

Its a free MMORPG, free for us, thats what free is suppose to mean... There is no minor account where you get some stuff and a prime account where you get lots more, its free, period, and you can buy stuff for your character or money or something. Which is extra, most mmos have that.

So yea there is such thing as a free MMORPG. Maybe not for creators, but for us. Which is the point

Level 15
No MMORPG, free or not, will be "good" until it gets action-oriented manual-attacking combat (with hit detection, realistic physics and collision, and a "cleaving" mechanic). Nuff' said.

Level 12
in YOUR opinion

everybody leaves something out, and the whole "+2 levels per patch" doesnt seem to appeal to me, considering you added the "and grinding actually doesnt take forever until your in the mid 20s, then it gets slower"

anyhow, kinda stumbled across a link through google indicating the funding of the game comes through a item market of some sorts, buying certain items(like mounts) for real money. and "The game's publishers are promising that no items will be available for sale that affect a level playing field between players willing to spend real money and those who are not.", so i might look into this later

Level 12
Plus they apparantly have a couple high paying sponsors, I'll look more into that, but thats what I heard.

I said what I found out about the game so far >.> so anything I left out I prob didn't know at the time.

The only thing you really pay for is extra stuff, which pretty much all MMOs have to make more money. Eventually they may make this into a monthly fee, but who knows

(im kinda amazed, 3 threads on 3 sites got 7 posts each o_O)

The game isn't perfect, and isn't exactly up to WoW's level, but overall it isn't a bad game, including for a free MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.