• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Do you like guild wars?

Do you like Guild wars? Maybe more then WoW?

• Yea, its a fun game

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Nah it sucks, and FAILS

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I love it better then WoW

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • WoW is teh more uberz!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I personally love the game, its more about content then 50%+ on leveling like in WoW. Though if guild wars wasn't around WoW wouldn't have a lot of there great features. Anyway only downside I have about this game is that I wished the level cap was at least 40 and and attacking system can get annoying, you click enemy you auto charge at them and attack, so u can click by them by accident and cause yourself a death.I love how you can mix classes, like a warrior/elementalist, warrior/necromancer, necromancer/elementalist. Really makes things interesting. And you can explore large areas, places where your suppose to complete quests are shown on your map.

I think overall its a very good game, also its free online play!!! and has good graphics, I hope guild wars 2 will have max level 40 and only 40, more content, and expand everything. Oh and still have it free!! though I'll still pay a monthly fee to play it. I took a break from WoW and went to this game, and I like it better, WAY less frustrating and time consuming unlike WoWm where when you first play, you spend like 2 months JUST leveling, then you expriance some fun, and then you farm for PVP points to get good gear.

Anyway, thoughts?

Level 12
It's fairly enjoyable. I have Nightfall and I enjoy the story aspects, I still think the graphics and controls are inferior to WoW's however.

I agree on controls, but you can't really compare graphics. WoW based there graphics on more cartoonish 3D material, so it can work on most systems. GW's created more realistic graphics, but realistic enough to work on most systems, which they did a good job. TO be technicall GW has more detail then WoW, but WoW took a more creative approach, and there graphics fits all ranges of ages and such.

uh no .... seriously
i hate it
my friends were addicted ... no not like im addicted to hive ... even WORSE omg
one still is addicted (but i don't like that dude)
I had a character on my friends account but i was bored very fast

How long did you play it? Did you do PvP or role playing? Because really, playing the game for a few hours really means nothing. Once you level to around 20, things get very interesting. But can you post your reasons why you hate it?

Because all this sounds like is you played a little bit, and didn't bother exploring the game and said it sucked. Just like I see people play guitar hero, and I hate guitar hero I think its a stupid game.

This seems that same way. Also nothing is more addiciting then WoW :p

If you could give reasons, that would be better, otherwise it just looks like a ignorant post.

I don't think the story is that bad, though some background would be nice. but the whole in general isn't bad. I like how they didn't focus you on leveling for months then farming for gear for a long time.

Level 13
Well, I've grown abit bored of it, but it's none the less a whole lot more interesting experience than WoW when it comes to PvP. In Guild Wars it just feels a whole lot more tactical to play with your group and also a whole lot more harder to actually build your OWN build and get the right team.

Level 12
It isnt hard to level, but how you level and gear you get is interesting, and combination of classes is fun too ^.^. Some parts I prefer WoW, but they have a lot of interesting mechanics, PvP seems more interesting too. I also like hwo you geta copy of your own world and you can level and stuff, and your own guild hall is just awesome

Level 7
I personally thought it was great fun. To me it was like an interval game. When I got bored of WoW, I played Guild Wars. When I got bored of Guild Wars, I would play WoW. (I usually played WoW a lot more often). I own the 2nd exp. and the original, I don't think I want to buy Nightfall, especially if there's a Guild Wars 2 coming out.

I never got all that far, but I would see the world on the map and how big it is, and it always looks so amazing to me. I hope Guild Wars 2 has a higher level cap, so more gameplay.

Level 12
I think level cap should be 40, that seems perfect, its not too high or low. and you wouldnt be spending 3 months to go up 80 levels. I hope they make it 40, thats very reasonable, 20 just seems too low

Level 13
The level cap of Guild wars II is planned to be really high, even somewhere at 100 or over, or no cap at all. However alot of people seem to mistake Guild Wars for another game which is totally about leveling.

Guild Wars II seems to be going the MMORPG way thought... I just hope it doesn't have mindless grinding.

Level 13
Atleast in Guild Wars most fights (PvE and PvP) are tactical since the mobs have the same amount of skills as players. Also because of how the gear is made PvP cannot be so overly imbalanced and the professions are balanced against eachother very well.

I know there is grinding but the mob fight and the strategy involved in it makes it fun instead of just feeling like you should punch your self in the head a few times before going to fighting mobs, like in WoW.

Level 13
WoW = straight ATTACK NOOBS ATTACK =O
Guild Wars = Monk: Dervish line up on the side, Nuker get the ranger, Tank protect me, 55 Monk go kill the other team nuker

is tat wat u mean by stratagy?
I don't know are you being sarcastic but yes, that is strategy. Also 55 monk just sucks when a SS necro jumps in. In Guild Wars you can atleast counter everything with almost every Profession.

Level 36
WoW = straight ATTACK NOOBS ATTACK =O
Guild Wars = Monk: Dervish line up on the side, Nuker get the ranger, Tank protect me, 55 Monk go kill the other team nuker

is tat wat u mean by stratagy?

I hope that's sarcasm because you've obviously never played WoW with a real character in your life. It's not just run in and attack. Only warriors can do that and even then they usually die. On a raid, it's even worse, you have massiver collaborations, dps, healers, tanks, all working together to kill something. They all have to work in unison for it to work. It's an amazing experience.

You can't say shit about strategy in WoW till you've gone on a 40 man raid.

Level 13
I dont think they make patches for guild wars do they?
Ummm what? They're constantly releasing patches. A patch is usually bug fixes and stuff like that, not totally new content.

But there have been atleast 2 patches with major new content; Sorrow's Furnace and Domain of Anguish.

Level 3
I chose other, because really, I love both Guild Wars and WoW.

WoW gets really co-ordinated raids in the later levels, and picks up a strong sense of strategy while doing said raids, and since I'm only level seven in Guild Wars (Got it a few days ago), I know I can't say much, but it really is a nice game.

So yeah, both are cool games, but can be really hard at times.

Level 13
Game doesn't end at ascension! I thought I had "Beaten" the game and didn't feel like another playthrough -- But I was wrong, haha. I probably would've enjoyed the game more if I actually finished the main storyline.
If you're talking about Prophecies campaign then well that was pretty obvious, alteast if you were paying attention to the storyline. If it ended there, there would have been too much unsolved.

Level 12
I chose other, because really, I love both Guild Wars and WoW.

WoW gets really co-ordinated raids in the later levels, and picks up a strong sense of strategy while doing said raids, and since I'm only level seven in Guild Wars (Got it a few days ago), I know I can't say much, but it really is a nice game.

So yeah, both are cool games, but can be really hard at times.

2 very large differences between WoW and Guild Wars is the fact that in guild wars, they made specifically to level fast, so you can experiance the content, the game is more about content and less leveling, WoW on the other hand, you have to be level 70 to pretty much do all the fun stuff, even that on your first time with or without addons takes a couple of months. On top of that theres the farming for gear, which takes a very long time, like the epic gear stuff for PVP.

Least in Guild wars you only have to unlock stuff to use them and when you make your PVP guy, you can wear anything you want thats on the list, you can constantly change around the stats on your gear to anyway you like, depending on the things you unlock with faction points(whenever a opposing player dies you get 50 faction, other kinds of pvp like raid party vs raid party its 6 faction plus the other faction your fighting for)

Level 3
2 very large differences between WoW and Guild Wars is the fact that in guild wars, they made specifically to level fast, so you can experiance the content, the game is more about content and less leveling, WoW on the other hand, you have to be level 70 to pretty much do all the fun stuff, even that on your first time with or without addons takes a couple of months. On top of that theres the farming for gear, which takes a very long time, like the epic gear stuff for PVP.

Least in Guild wars you only have to unlock stuff to use them and when you make your PVP guy, you can wear anything you want thats on the list, you can constantly change around the stats on your gear to anyway you like, depending on the things you unlock with faction points(whenever a opposing player dies you get 50 faction, other kinds of pvp like raid party vs raid party its 6 faction plus the other faction your fighting for)

Well, you're right about most things, Guild Wars has faster levelling and less grinding because of questing. World of Warcraft is fun for the more serious gamer who has the spare time to level to 70 to go on raids and mainly experience thefun parts of the game. Most people get angry at WoW grinding because they spend hardly any time at all playing and just want to get to the highest level. Same thing with the gear in WoW, if you can't spend the time to get it, don't play.

Guild Wars is meant for the more casual gamer, who wants to level fast, or take their time and experience the game at a slower pace. Getting gear in Guild Wars is tedious at times, because you need the money for making it, and the materials(as far as I know, I've only gotten Charr Hide armor on my Warrior/Ranger).

The PvP aspect of WoW is more based upon gear and clever usage of skills than anything, and you need to know exactly what to do and when to do it.

I haven't really tried Guild Wars PvP yet, but I'll take it up eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.