• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Good MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok i played:
Wow
Allods
Guild Wars
Cabal
Anarchy online
Entropia
Warhammer
SWG

All are boring... for me i need a good game someone can tell me????

Downloadable f2p and low using space

Level 7
I would recommend Vindictus, the file size is not huge atm, but if they start piling the patches on like WoW it will be terribig later on.

Have to use a proxy and deal with some lag if you're not from the US like me, though. Why they only released the beta for a certain country and have people bypass the IP block with a proxy anyway, is beyond my comprehension...

Level 11
Durrrr.

All free MMORPGs are shit and not worth of playing.

You didn't include Runescape in your list but I wouldn't suggest it anyway.

well acctually i kinda thing ur wrong here :p there are some good free mmorpgs which got some good features which are better than some of WOW's

Anyway,i can suggest Perfect World(awesome character customization,u can edit ur character in every way u want),Requiem Memento Mori(probably the only horror and gore oriented mmorpg), and 9Dragons is nice too,it has a interesting skill learning system.
And they are not very big,as long as i remember they aren't bigger than 4 GB

Level 31
However I'd like to try Darkfall

Don't bother, DarkFall is boring. Vindictus is your best bet right now.

In DarkFall, as a beginner, you will either get raped early on by stronger players and get all of your gear stolen over and over again, or you will be harvesting materials for hours on end to make meager money and you will occasionally be owned by stronger players hoping to steal everything you have.

When you are actually fighting, it's fun for the first 15 minutes, but then it gets very boring very quickly. It's as repetitious as all of the others.

The only one that hasn't been horribly repetitious so far has been Vindictus ; P.

Rift looks promising too, but haven't tried it.

edit
in-game screenshot of first boss in Vindictus

vindictus_gnoll.jpg

Here is second boss
bossfight.jpg

And a fight with bear

Here is video of boss 4 fight

You can see some of the top rated MMOs here
http://mmohuts.com/gamelist?sort=desc&by=rating

Vindictus is towards the top of the list. Another great one is Savage 2, but it's more like an Hack n Slash RTS MMO (not an RPG).

Level 34
I play Champions Online and enjoy it. If you don't like all the other MMOs you played, I don't see why you're trying to find one you like though, they're all going to be generally the same, that's how genres work...

Level 11
other good MMOs could be the Secret World or World of Darkness but i don't think they have been released yet

here are a few vids to know what i'm talking about ^^

Secret World Teaser Trailer:

Here is a video of the character technology used in World of Darkness:

Status
Not open for further replies.