• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vindictus the Free MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Been looking forward to Vindictus since closed BETA time (I didn't get into it though) and have been playing it nearly all day with a friend after the Open BETA launched about a week ago.

http://www.vindictus.com

Right now it's only available to people in North America, but the European OB starts sort of soonish too.

To sum it down very briefly, it's an action fighting MMORPG that feels a lot like a mixture of God of War and Dynasty Warriors mixed together. A good mix too. Although the fighting may seem repetitive, I disagree. Every "Battle Quest" (which is basically an instance) has a unique boss and they do different things. The areas are usually similar, but still different as far as how you progress through them and what spawns.

It's only 1.7 gigs, so go and download it. NOW! Find me playing as Macrobius on the East Server.

Level 25
The downsides would be that you can't really select a gender for your class (not yet at least) and most of all, the really disappointing 2D NPCs and the anime feel it has on top of that. Aside from that though, the game's graphics are pretty good (Source Engine) and it isn't as bad as the other free MMOs out there like Runes of Magic and the infamous RuneScape lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.