• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What your Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Are you really the real person to judge that? That's relative thus it's not like that. I for example prefer fantasy over sci-fi and thus can't w8 for wc4 :>

Ok, fantasy is easier to make, and it is more popular, ok

But I like about scifi that you can make a lots of serious storyes (about meaning of world like A.I. theme, time traveling or post apocalypse themes, etc)

I already have some stuff to make in SCII

Level 7
Imagine...
"In a land of chaos, a lone marine must fix his future. With a mighty time suit with Paradox protection, the marine goes back in time. Now, he must battle murlocs and humans who accuse him of witchcraft. His only hope is to locate the second suit with the ability to create time paradox's and change his future." xD imagination

Level 7
You can't compare fantasy to sci-fi. They're different and you can't prove one better than the other.

It's a matter of opinion not fact of which is better.

Starcraft 2 will probably have all of the old maps and a hell lot of new ones.

Level 7
My plan is the first month or two or three(lol) that I have starcraft 2, I'm just gonna mess around with the editor. Gotta get familiar with all their new features.

Then I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Level 7
I've got a lot of ideas for a map. We'll see what comes up depending on how much I like the new editor. At this point It looks badass.

Level 5
The fact that you can graft units onto each other and make units shoot units, my first will be and evolution themed RPG were you pick and chose what part to gain and upgrade.

Might make it with mechas or wierd zerg alien mutations. Maby both :D

Level 4
I would like to see the map series by Gunner4ever for SC called Aeon of Strife, AoS 2 Battlefield and so forth remade on SCII - that would be a nice AoS for those fanatics out there, if you have no clue I still have some of the maps from back in the day I could send to you.

Also I would like to see Metastais (Survival).
The Undead Assault III map which is aimed for SCII
Several RPGS returning, and many more.

Level 1
I saw my mate playng metal gear solid 1 today and I thought, man, this game would be pretty doable to make on Starcraft 2!

My main idea is to make a fast paced 3rd person shooter mech game, similar to Armored Core.

Need a 3d game modeller though.. Only if I can find other people who can make models that look really flash.

Level 9
I saw my mate playng metal gear solid 1 today and I thought, man, this game would be pretty doable to make on Starcraft 2!

My main idea is to make a fast paced 3rd person shooter mech game, similar to Armored Core.

Need a 3d game modeller though.. Only if I can find other people who can make models that look really flash.

You must remember it will be the SC universe... there will be plenty of Sci-Fi stuff, and a total scarcity of Medieval content, The opposite problem of Warcraft lol..

Level 1
You must remember it will be the SC universe... there will be plenty of Sci-Fi stuff, and a total scarcity of Medieval content, The opposite problem of Warcraft lol..

I don't know why you quoted me because the games I'm thinking about are all sci-fi related.. o_O

Level 1
Ya but you made it sound like you needed modelers to get the game off the ground, surely some kind of mech will ship with the game :D

Because the game I'm talking about will be a unique custom game.

Sure I could substitute some models from Starcraft 2 itself but having custom model with custom animations would definitely add fun to the map.

If I could create a map with this concept and make it well polished and high quality, I'm sure it will beat DotA.

Level 30
I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I'm hosting a little SC2 project idea competition over at www.udmod.com :)

To enter, all you have to do is propose your project idea in detail. I felt it was a good way to get everyone thinking about SC2 modding, and to initiate some hardcore discussion so we can fully develop our ideas ready for the release of SC2 :)

Let me know if your interested :p

Level 2
well i think there gonna very much zombie maps :D
i myself are thinking to make a third person shooter zombie survivor map

or a third person ORPG

so i also need a 3d modeler

Level 10
First, I will buy a new keyboard. The flood of drool coming from my mouth will ruin it.
Then, I will spend a month or two messing around to figure out how everything works, make a controlled AOS map (where you alter the spawns coming from either side and choose what heroes/powerful units fight on each side), play the campaign, and then spend hours playing the Zerg.
I then will move on to something more. I have long wanted to make a RPG along the lines of the Pokemon games or Robbepop's Monster Master, and I may still do one with Warcraft. But when StarCraft 2 comes out, that will be my main goal.

Level 9
I would probably make either an SoTD-style map, something Warhammer 40K themed, or maybe a Halo map.

Level 9
That would be interesting. The Protoss & Night Elf ally to take on the Undead Zerg threat. Zombie Hydras, now that's scary. Another reason to make a horror sci-fi map?

Level 1
I want to create a map with a mixed gameplay: GEARS of WAR + EVE online. Just started working on the concept.

starcraftuniverse.png

Last edited:
Level 27
I think I'm gonna make altered melees, RPG/Shooters and LOAPS, depends of what I'll want at that moment mostly.
I want to see the Metastasis in SC2 becuace its my favourite B.net map I ussually play.
And no. DoTA is evil, it must become payable or unpopular. Or maybe even both at the same time.

Level 12
Well if you check my website, I tried to make a battlefield 2 like map on wc3 provided with an online ranking feature and failed miserably... I'm going to try again in sc2 - utilizing the first person, 3rd person features in the galaxy editor making it possible to actually cr8 a game like bf...

Status
Not open for further replies.