• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do peopel know what there talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok don’t get me wrong here, I haven’t played sc since like forever ago. But what i can remember of it there were no items, and no heros. Thus no agi, int, or str. So how come map makers are talking about dota maps in the up coming sc2? How can there be a hero like game with out the heros. Or maybe I’m off and from the videos i have been watching on sc2 do have items and heros and I’m missing something. Anyone got some input?

Level 25
Ok don’t get me wrong here, I haven’t played sc since like forever ago. But what i can remember of it there were no items, and no heros. Thus no agi, int, or str. So how come map makers are talking about dota maps in the up coming sc2? How can there be a hero like game with out the heros. Or maybe I’m off and from the videos i have been watching on sc2 do have items and heros and I’m missing something. Anyone got some input?

I guess you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about :) .

The new SC2 will include an editor with the same features as warcraft III but better, so yes, inventory and heroes can be made.

But they will not be in the melee version of the game.

Level 5
in the campaign and melee games youre right o.o
no heroes o.o

but with the sc2 editor you can make heroes in your own maps =O

EDIT: i posted to slow o.o
the first post wasnt there when i wrote >_>

Last edited:
Level 3
Does anyone have a link so i can see all this stuff myself. That way i dont have to ask a bunch of question about stuff that already on a site some were.

Level 3
Thanks a ton for the link there was a good bit to read but it had 3 sections dedicated to map making and it helped answer a few questions i had. Still i hope they have a built in trigger for cleaning leaks.

Level 7
Thanks a ton for the link there was a good bit to read but it had 3 sections dedicated to map making and it helped answer a few questions i had. Still i hope they have a built in trigger for cleaning leaks.
I doubt that, seeing as leaks tend to be an error in logic, not an error on the machine's part.

The existence of leaks is both a blessing and a curse - a curse because of the nature of leaks. Blessing because it means we have some control over memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.