• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't pick some PowerUps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
¡Hi Again!

in My RPG each hero has 4 skills: Int, Agi, Str, and -Hp/Mp (+10)-.
Str, Agi, and Int works fine... BUT... i'm having problems with -Hp/Mp (+10)- skill.

The Skill is triggered to give the hero a Health Manual (that gives 10hp) and a Mana Manual (That gives 10mp), but when I lvl up -Hp/Mp (+10)- it just increases Hp, and drops the Mana Manual.

The Mana Manual is a based on "Item Mana Bonus (100)". All other manuals (Dmg, Str, Agi, Int, Hp) have common WC3 tomes/powerups, but there are no Mana Manuals, that's why i attempted to create one this way, but doesn't work.

Everything works just fine, but Mana Manuals just keep going on to the floor, and are unable to pick by my custom hero, or any other regular WC3 hero.

I'm sure someone can tell me how to create a working Mana-Manual. All i wan't it to do is to increase Hero mana by 10, just as Health manual :)

Level 26
You do not need items at all. There is a bug with this ability. When a unit gains it, the ability's bonus of the first level is applied, when you change the level, the bonus is not adjusted but when you remove the ability then from this other level, its bouns is subtracted, thereby leaving the unit with a difference in mana than before and without having the ability, so the process can be repeated and it is stackable. There are systems around abusing this bug like BonusMod.

Level 20
I'll try but, meanwhile... Why "minus 5"?

Ok, i see... i used "Positive 10" and it lowers my mana... But the editor doesn't let me use negative numbers =/ How can i use negative number? I'm only using common WC3 editr

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
It's one of many wierd issues wih war3. Substracting mana/hp comes up with increasing unit's max mana & hp.
If you set value to '+5' it will result with unit having less hp/mana.

EDIT: To enable negative values go File -> Preferences tick 'Enable negative values'.
Use Shift + double click on given field to enter value as you desire.

Level 20
How can I use negative numbers? The system doesn't let me do it
EDIT: Nothing, i already read :)

EDIT: ¡Worked! ¡Great!. Does this work for other bonusses as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.