• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balanced Hero's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well ive asked alot here and am thankfull for what you guys have helped but I cant do the symplest thing... :confused:
Make Balanced Heroes! I have 9 Custom Heroes... 3 Int 3 Agi 3 Str this is what they should have:

The Str heroes should have much hp, much armor but hit slow and hard
The Int heroes should have much mp, rather less dmg and strong spells
The Agi heroes should have a balanced amount of hp and mp inbetween the str and int heroes as for the dmg they do is faster and medium but cool skills.

I made a formula that makes giveing spells mana cost easy and balanced:
Spell Mana Cost Formula: SpellDMG/(SpellDMG+400+85*SpellLevel)*1000

Now my problem is what forumals i should make to make the heroes based stats balanced... considering the editor doesnt give me the ability to give i.e. the str heroes armor per level.

the base damage and life and mp and armor should be:

MP 150
HP 100
DMG 10-15
ArmorInt: 4
ArmorAgi: 8
ArmorStr: 12

every 2 levels they get 1 new skill and the other skills go up a level, the max level is 50

could someone help me make formulas or better yet % of what stats should change...
and very important, what damage reducment per armor it should have because setting it to 0.01 is still alot...

thanks!

Level 3
I've been working and got my xp/level ratio and xpgained per mob level, normal dmg, mana cost of spells, and everything balanced due to a fair formula i created to balance up the heroes and make things easy for me to calculate and deside ^^ :p

now i need to work on a dmg formula of the spells... and c/d of spells. if anyone has any ideas pls post a formula to calculate the c/d and spell dmg :) i would be more than thankfull

Level 24
Proper balancing can take anywhere from a few days if you're very lucky to months, to years depending on how many units are going to be in the map, and how ambitious the map is. The best way to actually figure out balance is trial and error.

Level 3
hey i made formulas to get everything to work ^^ take a look:

Mana Cost Formula: SpellDMG/(SpellDMG+400+85*SpellLevel)*1000

Creep Life Formula: CreepLevel*100/1.9 (+%)
Creep Base Normal Armor: 3
Creep Base Speed 1.60
Creep Damage Formula: CreepLife/10.5*1.8 (+%)

this works pretty nice on all levels and is completley balanced to the heroes ^^

but i still have my problem that i dont know how to set my spelldmg :p

Status
Not open for further replies.