• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sc Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok! Let's discuss Zerglings with dual plasma cannons and 4 miniguns that shoot rockets!

I say it would kick ass.

Level 34
I don't mind leader units. Look at DoW (warhammer rts). It has heroes, but they are just really good unit, some have abilities or "auras".

Having said that, not every game needs them. SC doesn't. Besides Blizzard has already said there are no heroes in melee, just campaign, and those do not gain levels.

Level 26
Ok! Let's discuss Zerglings with dual plasma cannons and 4 miniguns that shoot rockets!

I say it would kick ass.
I say it
1. Would be off-topic.
2. Transcends the limits of common sense.
3. Actually wouldn't kick ass in melee starcraft
and
4. Makes you look like a sore loser, which you are.

GG.

Level 8
I think that having heroes in the game would ruin the game, because Starcraft is not about micromanagment. However, having heroes as a toggle thing would be good, because I think it would increase the number of people who played Starcraft.

Also, Squelch/Tyranid

Level 34
Thing I was saying was, heroes don't make a game mirco management. I used Dawn of War as an example. It has heroes, they do have a couple spells or passives each, but it's not much micro to cast one skill. Besides SC has skills you use, so it has some micro. The reason WC was so micro, was because you only get so many units, and a ton of units have skills, but mostly the amount of units.

Level 26
Thing I was saying was, heroes don't make a game mirco management. I used Dawn of War as an example. It has heroes, they do have a couple spells or passives each, but it's not much micro to cast one skill. Besides SC has skills you use, so it has some micro. The reason WC was so micro, was because you only get so many units, and a ton of units have skills, but mostly the amount of units.
Yes, heroes don't always make a game micro, but you must admit that they DO play a huge role in doing so. They concentrate the troops into squads and, because they can only be created in very limited amounts, ruin the concept of macro to some extent. They just won't fit in starcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.