• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No heroes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How will you be able to make fun maps in Starcraft 2 when there's no heroes? I meen like 90% of the fun maps in wc3 use heroes as the most crucial thing in the map. Sure there are some awesome maps that dosnt use heroes at all but still rocks, but I meen wont SC2 modding be really limited without the possibility to have a character that can lvl and evolve?

Im kinda uninformed so maybe there's some way to make heroes in the SC2 editor, in that case please tell me.

Level 9
They are including "hero" units as part of the Galaxy editor, in the sense that they can level up & etc. like wc3 ones and probably something extra to boot since its SC2 so don't worry about it.

Level 27
How will you be able to make fun maps in Starcraft 2 when there's no heroes? I meen like 90% of the fun maps in wc3 use heroes as the most crucial thing in the map. Sure there are some awesome maps that dosnt use heroes at all but still rocks, but I meen wont SC2 modding be really limited without the possibility to have a character that can lvl and evolve?

Im kinda uninformed so maybe there's some way to make heroes in the SC2 editor, in that case please tell me.

Well no they promised you'll have heroes, altough not in melee, but probably in campaing and definelty in editor and custom maps. Besides, you could allways make a hero from any of ordinary units using variables and upgrades.

Level 13
As already said above, The hero system is in the Galaxy Editor, even if there are no heroes in melee maps. Also just in case: All the removed units and also units from Starcraft 1 will also be present in the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.