• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 - Sc2 Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey,

I was thinking of buying starcraft 2 make a wc3 map since I really love medieval games :D. Due to sc2 being newer then wc3, obviously it would the better choice for mapmaking. So my question here today is would a sc2 conversation of wc3 work? Those of you who have played a grand strategy game in wc3 like azeroth wars and daow my question is, would a sc2 conversion be any good?

Plenty of future games in wc3 are popular so I'm guessing they will also be good in sc2? A problem of course would be models/skins but we can work around that :thumbs_up:

Level 20
We have no plans whatsoever, to alter the MPQ's or .dll's etc of the game.

We are doing this all through excessive GE/Mod pack use. (as supported by the GE and Battle.net) The campaigns, will be packaged as such and the melee maps will be distributed alone, unless 'map packs' are supported.

So in effect, it is a series of maps, anyone can download one 'mod pack' (Assuming BNET 2.0 is setup how we currently presume) from BNET and then play any of our melee maps and/or campaigns at their own pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.