• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you dislike about Hive Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Oh yeah. I went there. Just, let's make this clear immediately. I love Hive Workshop. LUV IT. Adore. Can't live without it. OK, I can, but it wouldn't be the same. If you want me to sum up my feelings for Hive, go to this video and press 6.
However, nothing is perfect, (except Jesus lol) and neither is Hive. I wanted to make a thread specifically about what people don't like about THW. And, I repeat, this is NOT a hate thread, if you think it is, go hate it on WC3 Underground.

My first issue would be a crappy search engine, that relies more on tags than it does on the map name itself. I know this has been an issue before, and I don't know if it's fixed, but if I type in a name of a map called FGSFDS, I wanna see FGSFDS as the first result, not "Zombie Return Rampage ORPG Zero Alpha v2.6.14532." This is not really that much of an issue, but still.

The second problem I have is that there is no "reply" function to a visitor message. You know what I'm saiyan'? When you send a visitor message to a user that's relatively new to Hive Workshop, they often respond on their own profiles because they think you will see it. Funny thing, last time I checked, the url at the top was hiveworkshop.com, NOT FREAKING FACEBOOK.COM!!!!11!!!ONE!1 How are you supposed to know if the guy answered you? This has happened... wait, brb.
*5 minutes later*
...over 9000 times before. And not only to me, I see users responding on their own Hive profiles every day. It need FIXATION.
...fixatility?
...fixing?
...fix?

Aaaand, nuber 3, it needs a new smiley contest. These :vw_wtf::goblin_yeah::ogre_love::goblin_good_job::ogre_datass: are good, but they kinda got deja vu after all the noobs use them out in introductory section instead of letters.

That is all, bless yo face.

Level 12

>:|
Oh, but ponies love you.

Anyhow, I dislike that the Starcraft 2 section isn't larger, and how little its advertised.
I wish that the site took advantage of the game being new and becoming one of the top Starcraft 2 modding sites, instead of holding on to Warcraft 3. (Yes, the editor is a pain in the ass in comparison to Wacraft's, however, its potential is just being discovered.)

I also dislike that .gif images don't get resized properly when larger than 100x100, and that it doesn't support the use of randimg.net for avatars.

I don't care if they love me, a guy shouldn't like ponies if he ain't gay, and you denying it that you're gay makes your love to ponies even more gay
1304884584479.png

Level 20
Yeah My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic isnt definitely good watching for a kid of 13 (according to your profile) years old. Its for men so you cant understand it.

And to slighty prevent the change of this thread being derailed I try to stay on the topic... What do I dislike in the Hive Workshop on its current state? Well to be honest there arent any promissing maps going on anymore and I am pretty much losing the interest to the whole modding part of the Warcraft III so theres not much for me left.

Level 22
In before this thread turns into a flame festival.

I would say thinking that pony watchers are gay shows how immature those who think so are. Because if one could read or understand between the lines, would know it's for the fun, for the lolz, for relaxation. Some aren't even serious about watching it... Grow up and start thinking deeper as THW is full of under 18 kiddos. Just because someone watches one cartoon, hell nearly all cartoons are made for kids, doesn't mean he's gay or whatever when he watcheds and does a lot other mature things. Pin it down.

What I dislike about THW? Surprising to all and contradicting to my past objections about the system, nothing. See, I don't give a fuck if this will stay war3 forum or what will happen here, why? Because I said im tired of forums anyway, if i wanna get some gaming news i go to the source site, not here.. same goes for sc2 mapmaking, another forum for it, etc. And I can quit this place here any time i want.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Nothing in particular I dislike about the management, the modding scene is quite a bit slower nowadays though.
I don't care if they love me, a guy shouldn't like ponies if he ain't gay, and you denying it that you're gay makes your love to ponies even more gay
Yes, yes, there is in fact a direct correlation between the shows you watch and your sexial orientation. Hetrosexuals watch wrestling, a sport for men. Huge semi-nude gentlemen taking eachother in the manliest of fashions, thrusting their meaty chests against one another, moaning from the sheer pleasure of sharing a masculine experience with another man.

Level 17
I dislike how slowly the map resource section is moderated. Got nothing against -Kobas- because he's been the only one I've seen moderating, don't know where the others have been of recent. Apart from that nothing really to dislike, wish more people would mod the game but sadly it isn't going that way.

spab9c.jpg

Level 11
The only thing I dislike is the large number of models that are high filesize xD
Other than that, nothing really. I have some quirks, but they are quite miniscule compared to the bigger picture

Level 18
Eh, well...

- Trolling mods, as said above. Or trolling former staff members.
- Hive memes. That does include ponies, yes.
- People getting much respect for their allegedly funny behaviour (usually trolling is a part of it) and not for modding skills or submitted resources.

And I believe that's all.

Level 1
I hate it whenever I go to a link where I am supposed to download some tool or something but the link doesn't exist anymore or something happened to it that it has been removed

Level 26
What I'd like to see:

Some improvements to the report function (as a models mod I mainly want to see the reported posts of my section)
A free-to-use database for animations would be awesome, especially if you fail doing your own :v
Wc3(and other) gaming sessions :)
My little Pony: Friendship is Magic smileys.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I dislike not having community mods (Mini-mods that are able to stop flame wars, close threads, etc...) I think it would help sometimes =P

I agree with disliking the non-existence of a reply function for visitor messages, and the map searching... One time I tried to lookup final fantasy or something like that and a bunch of DoTA maps flooded me -.-

Finally the thing I dislike the most is that a lot of the BB-codes I commonly use are not included in the advanced editor (yes I've went into the User CP and enabled everything I could). One of the major BB codes that needs to be implemented into the post editor should be
Hidden tags!

Level 9
i like hive since the first day i was here..even now..<3

this is just my opinion(what i dont like about hive)
-Trolling mods
-Mods that dont know ur asian and gv u -6
-people that repeat answers in threads just to get +rep
-people that hate doTA(because they cant make maps that greater than dota anymore in wc3 history)
-noob search engine(i often get threads zz)
-people that say ur breaking the rules that not even in hive rule
-Nerds that dont know how the sun looks like
-wall reply system
-people who get +rep for being funny
-Mods that ignore people

thats all this is just my opinion..

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hidden Tag
133407-albums3940-picture50412.png

O.O I always thought that was for searching... Well that gets rid of one of my dislikes and makes me happier =P Thr only bad thing about it is it wants you to type what will be inside them when you click it.

My new dislike is that the hidden thinggy in the post editor doesn't just apply the tags, it requires you to type something inside first.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
My new dislike is that the hidden thinggy in the post editor doesn't just apply the tags, it requires you to type something inside first.
Nope, requires you to enter an option (or title if you will) for your hidden tag before it applies it.
Code:
[plain][HIDDEN="{OPTION}"]{TEXT}[/HIDDEN][/plain]
{TEXT}

Not too much of a hassle, on the contrary it actually facilitates the procedure.
just use the report button is you see a situation you dislike and we will fix it.
Quite frankly something that should be carved into the skin of every forum frequenter, if you come across inappropriate inputs just a) ignore them, or b) report them.
Perhaps this could be rephrased/refashioned though

Note:

This is ONLY to be used to report spam,
advertising messages, and problematic (harassment,
fighting, or rude) posts.

Level 14
As a Wc3 fan I have to say... the site does need a real SC2 theme/skin.

Someone sugested Zerg... i find that right. Although I still like this theme more and will forever use it, but I guess people who like SC2 would enjoy a good SC2 forum theme. Thus maybe more people will stay and be more active on THW SC2 section and we can get more forum Mods as people request.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My first issue would be a crappy search engine, that relies more on tags than it does on the map name itself. I know this has been an issue before, and I don't know if it's fixed, but if I type in a name of a map called FGSFDS, I wanna see FGSFDS as the first result, not "Zombie Return Rampage ORPG Zero Alpha v2.6.14532." This is not really that much of an issue, but still.
I agree with this. The search engine is far from optimal. It seems to detect word frequency (maybe even including the comments) rather than actual word relevence. Thus a map with fewer matching words or out of order words scores higher just because it mentions the words more often. It reaches the extreems where a map with name matching the search phrase appears on page 2 and the first map with higest "relevence" does not appear to have anything to do with the search phrase.

I suggest using a different search algorthim.

Level 7
What I'd like to see:

Some improvements to the report function (as a models mod I mainly want to see the reported posts of my section)
A free-to-use database for animations would be awesome, especially if you fail doing your own :v
Wc3(and other) gaming sessions :)
My little Pony: Friendship is Magic smileys.

Here you go, Don Dustin. The full set as of today.

@Narrat0r: What's the problem? Don't make me want to make mameshiba and fsjal smilies.

Anyways, what i dislike about this website? Nothing anymore. I did use to dislike the huge amount of assholes on here, but I don't really care now. It's not like i am on here everyday. Thank God i am not anymore.

EDIT: About the search engine, I'd suggest first searching for words through all the titles, then through the description, then through the comments. Or maybe something like a "Search resource names" or "Search resource description" would be interesting to note. Also, if I may add, I'd love to see something like a "spell checker", like in - you search for "Flame" but nothing is found. Then, the search engine purposes you to search "Fire" instead of "Flames", in case there are Resources with the word "Fire" in them. Hopefully you understand what i am trying to say.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

They see me trollin', they hatin'. :ogre_frown:

Honestly, I dislike how members of this site are obsessed with making threads about what they like and dislike, especially dislike. I dislike how people keep complaining about moderators, not because I am one, but because I know there's a reasonable amount of thought behind a moderator's decisions. I dislike how people always think they need to fix the forum - it has been working for eight years, I think it's good to go for a while longer. I dislike how people act helpful just for the reputation points. I dislike how people can't take a joke for a joke and always assume you're being dead serious. The list goes on, but I dislike writing lists of things I dislike.. and I absolutely hate you.

As a Wc3 fan I have to say... the site does need a real SC2 theme/skin.

Someone sugested Zerg... i find that right. Although I still like this theme more and will forever use it, but I guess people who like SC2 would enjoy a good SC2 forum theme. Thus maybe more people will stay and be more active on THW SC2 section and we can get more forum Mods as people request.

I can't see how a forum theme would pull new members. :v

Level 18
I can't see how a forum theme would pull new members. :v

Not sure which theme is currently set as the default (since there's that Terran theme), but I can imagine that if the look of the site itself doesn't give the feeling that it's also about modding starcraft 2 it might keep people away before they decide to look further. Now if there were a Zerg theme and the Night Elf theme would be kept as the default I don't think it would matter much since changing the theme isn't usually the first thing a visitor would do.

Perhaps this could be rephrased/refashioned though
Agreed.

Level 22
WHAT I dislike is these stupid donuts and cakes for reptuation on SC2Beta forum,. Ok I get you can clean your ass with it as this is the care about it. but cant you at least remove them and give the same gems on as hthe green one?

When Ralle actually saw one post of mine about the cakes all he mentioned was my post wasofftopic yes it was, glad it became noticable yet good morning anything else to say?

I like the blue-dark grey because it is better for my eyes. I like dark, good for the eyes at night, Plus i've had enough of the green one in the past.

Other than that, grats for the wonderful forum codes, SC2Mapster's are the worst ive ever seen.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We don't wish to silence those who dislike The Hive, quite the contrary, we rather want to hear their opinion about the site. i.e. what have caused them to dislike it, do they have suggestions for improval etc.
Feedback & constructive criticism is strongly encouraged and much appreciated.

However, understand that the Hive is going under major reconstruction and have done so for quite some time. We are well-aware that a lot of work needs to be done to the site. Rest assured; it is! Ralle and myself have big plans for the Hive and our esteemed webmaster are working tirelessly to get the new and improved Hive up and running.
This however, is not something that affects the current site (in the sense that you can't see the change), which is up and have been free to use in the meantime, as we work in the shadows.

So, please bare with us. We ask you to be patient. If you think the Hive is going to stay like this forever. Well, think again.

Level 19
We don't wish to silence those who dislike The Hive, quite the contrary, we rather want to hear their opinion about the site. i.e. what have caused them to dislike it, do they have suggestions for improval etc.
Feedback & constructive criticism is strongly encouraged and much appreciated.

However, understand that the Hive is going under major reconstruction and have done so for quite some time. We are well-aware that a lot of work needs to be done to the site. Rest assured; it is! Ralle and myself have big plans for the Hive and our esteemed webmaster are working tirelessly to get the new and improved Hive up and running.
This however, is not something that affects the current site (in the sense that you can't see the change), which is up and have been free to use in the meantime, as we work in the shadows.

So, please bare with us. We ask you to be patient. If you think the Hive is going to stay like this forever. Well, think again.

That second paragraph had some grammar issues, so I was confused about several things. A big one being the statement that makes it seem as if THW is not going to be free in the future...?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

One DLC for every section, not to mention you have to pay a subscription fee to see the latest resources of one section. The chat will have a per-minute fee, similar to your phone.

No, what he means (at least how I see it; that was a horrible sentence, Archian) is that you are able to use THW freely (no, not free of cost, free of interruption from maintenance) while work on the new site is going on behind the scenes. Normally, webmasters tend to take down their site for months putting up an "under construction" sign on the front page, and you're not able to use the site in the meantime.

Level 19
One DLC for every section, not to mention you have to pay a subscription fee to see the latest resources of one section. The chat will have a per-minute fee, similar to your phone.

No, what he means (at least how I see it; that was a horrible sentence, Archian) is that you are able to use THW freely (no, not free of cost, free of interruption from maintenance) while work on the new site is going on behind the scenes. Normally, webmasters tend to take down their site for months putting up an "under construction" sign on the front page, and you're not able to use the site in the meantime.

Ah, that makes much more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.