• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is HiveWorkshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello Guys,

I think This Welcome Thread is quite ok for an intro to hive workshop. I think it should be sticky-ed outside at the top of both forums page and hiveworkshop page

Is there better way to introduce passer-bys to hive? sure there could be, but something is at least better than none.

I had this thought when I was lurking some other forums, and I was thinking, "what on earth are these forums for?! why is there no welcome thread :'(", and then I had the thought, what if someone passing by hive workshop had the same thought and was totally lost? so maybe we can help him a little with this :3

A better choice will surely be a clear concise statment "Welcome to hive workshop, warcraft three map making site" or something.

thoughts?

also, If we would implement anything like that, I would like to know if it made any difference and if the rate of people joining have has increased slightly.... or not.

Thanks @Ralle

Yours faithfully,
Map Designer

Level 16
/\ this.

I miss 2 things from the old site: that little introduction; and having the most recent resources showcased in the homepage. It looked a lot more like a WCIII modding site.
what was the little introduction in the old site?

also, you mean the model of the month, icon of the month, and map of the month? yes I miss that too. I was bugging mods recently and they said I should post here sometime. I didnt have the time still lol

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
As per archive.org the description was
The Hive is a WarCraft 3 and StarCraft 2 modding community. There is a spot reserved just for you whether you need help, want to learn or contribute with quality resources, knowledge or help.
The site also contains a vast resource section including most of the resources that anyone will ever need for a modding project. You will find campaigns, icons, maps, models, skins, spells, scripts and tools. Extensive tutorials contain realms of information on how to create, improve and perfect your resources and maps. The Hive's forum allows everyone to talk about playing the game, modding it, making resources and many other subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.