• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HiveWorkShop on FaceBook and Mobile Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The Hive WorkShop on FaceBook and Mobile Apps

Well, I've been through this message suggest the Hive team, creating an official page on Facebook. I think this page will help the Hive WorkShop in its resources and interaction between users. Another way is to create applications for mobile dispostivos (smartphones, tablets, android ...).
Furthermore, I would like to develop an election to create this page. It would be a good idea (in my opinion), they created one contest for one that developed this application, it is clear that there would be first, second and third place. But it is a form of incentive to users of Hive.
Thanks for reading, put your opinion and suggestion.

Last edited:
Level 28
This is utter bullshit and should not be put into practice.
Facebook is NOT hive and an extra app for mobile devices is really useless because every smartphone has an integrated browser.
Oh, and if you're on a limited 3g/lte connection, you shouldn't visit a site that is full of images and videos but rather keep it to fagbook or whatever.

Roland

R

Roland

1. Hiveworkshop =/= Facebook
2. This is not a good suggestion
3. Why should we have a Phone version?
4. Go home
5. Go to your Computer
6. And Go to Hive.

Seriously guys, this is a site discussion, behave and respond in a normal way
agree, this is Site Discussion, so we can suggest anything related to the site :)

1. Hiveworkshop =/= Facebook
yes, Hive is not Facebook or Twitter, that's for sure

2. This is not a good suggestion
I don't think so, this can prove useful.

3. Why should we have a Phone version?
because most user here uses Mobile for most time to access Hive, so I think it's not a bad addation

4. Go home
5. Go to your Computer
6. And Go to Hive.
that's not very polite for commenting on Suggestions.

You might be slow, but you can use war stomp
after all, Ralle is the Chieftain :)

If I'm not mistaken, we had a Twitter account, but its creator was Pyritie who (was forced to) part with the site in not the best terms last year, so he probably took it down.
If I was right, Ghan still manage the Hive's Twitter

I manage the Twitter account but don't use it much. I have no idea about the Facebook page. I prefer to put my energy into this site and not the others.
I see, so the updates @Twitter are made by you :)

A mobile version of the site is a good idea. It may happen at some point.
can't wait, really appreciate this one :D

Level 28
How do you do a compressed version of a media-related site again?
I mean, I understand that you can simplify the layout like css or vB-styles but the images would need to be compressed to save more bandwidth which usually results in pixilated images of the initial picture; like if you compress a compressed jpg to jpg at half the quality (yea, it looks horrible).

Level 29
How do you do a compressed version of a media-related site again?
I mean, I understand that you can simplify the layout like css or vB-styles but the images would need to be compressed to save more bandwidth which usually results in pixilated images of the initial picture; like if you compress a compressed jpg to jpg at half the quality (yea, it looks horrible).

You serve a smaller version.

Code:
convert blarg.jpg -resize 50% blarg_mobile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.