• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mobile App for THWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab

dab

Level 10
Frankly, Hive functions fine on browsers capable of displaying .php. However, I would add that an actual app for the iPod/iPhone/Android/Other OS wouldn't be too bad. You know the facebook app for iPod/iPhone? It give you a much more easily way to maneuver around on the facebook pages, than Safari does(the iPhone version). So, if anyone has an idea of how we could start doing something like this, full support from my side.

dab

dab

Level 10
It works fine on my IPod Touch and phone (if I download/use a better browser), I find Opera mini works really good on phones, but it sucks on the IPod, stick with safari (for the hiveworkshop).

An app would be nice, but who would program it?

Well, with the upcomming release of Flash CS5, which can program for iPods, I'd love to. But not a second before I get Flash CS5 however.

dab

dab

Level 10
Last I recall this issue was raised before.
Ralle (if i remember correctly) stated it would take too much time and effort to simply cater for peeps who simply want to view hive on their phone. Lots of recoding and stuff, Ralle is busy as it is :/

No recoding should be needed, or not as far as I'm concerned. What I was thinking about was more of a tool to navigate through the site, and only display certain elements, like comments or so. You would have to think it through, but no recoding should be needed.

Level 20
Yes, I think it would just need to be some java app that compressed and showed the information in the web pages in a different, possibly restricted format, again I'm not sure if there are enough people wanting it, to make it worth anyone's time.

Feel free to give it a go though, dab, I'm sure there are a select few who would be very grateful ;)

dab

dab

Level 10
Yes, I think it would just need to be some java app that compressed and showed the information in the web pages in a different, possibly restricted format, again I'm not sure if there are enough people wanting it, to make it worth anyone's time.

Feel free to give it a go though, dab, I'm sure there are a select few who would be very grateful ;)

I'm on it already. However, gotta find a way to port it to the blackberry if I finish it then.

dab

dab

Level 10
I hope to at least disable some of the graphics for mobile browsers in the future. Making the pages more simply. But opera mini seems to be the fastest browser at least for iPhone OS.

Yeah.

By the way, as it wasn't cross-platform, I figured that Pyritie's link would function. You COULD also do something similar to this: A HTML, designed for smaller screens, with icons for quicklinks(that doesn't do anything right now as it is just a graphic visualization)

PS: To those who thinks the "Adventure Maker" stuff in the start if weird, just a short explanation: Thought that the program could actually compile to .app, later found out that it only compiled to .html. However, that gave me something to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.