• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive workshop vanashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Looking over the hive workshop site, i notice that it is mostly Warcraft 3. With Starcraft 2 coming out I'm sure lots of people will move from Warcraft 3 to Starcraft 2. If this sort of thing happens will the hive workshop just divide into two sections so that the people who use Starcraft 2 can stay here as well as the Warcraft 3 users? Or will it just become a almost deserted site?

Level 7
When i was a admin? This is a question i had been wondering, i had a hunch the answer would be yes, and people would probably give me that kind of answer, but i suppose one of the things i was really looking for is how would they do it? (Still those who accuse me of spamming and think 'Well whats the point of asking the original question if it wasn't really what you wanted.' I'd rather go one page at a time, and make sure it is yes before continuing any further. Sorry for the inconvenienced for those who don't like hearing the question over, and over again.)

Level 7
We should like get a new homepage, and add things up top to switch from starcraft to warcraft, then we would have the warcraft front page, and the starcraft front page. Maybe, I'm not saying it be necesary, we could change the name.I mean with more games we aren't just the warcraft 3 huny hive with all the bees worker dudes making it bigger and better. With more hives on our oak tree like starcraft, we can't just be one, and soon maybe a whole colony! THAT would be sweet.

Level 7
It'll sure be interesting to see what he comes up with. Hey speaking of the guy whats up with this Wolverbid fund, and letters? Is he like a govener or something? I sure hear a lot of him, but i never heard what he was doing. Is he the creator of this site?

Level 7
Sweat! And Wolverbid? A govener, or what really? We just like giving the great guy money?We really do have some really nice people here don't we?

Level 7
!!!I'm stunned by the generosity of this place. When i said we have some nice people here, i mean EXTREAMLY nice people! You don't even know the guy, and yet...

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I still don't understand why people think Wolv was a site director...
Yes, he's a great guy who helped me and Ralle alot.

Wolverabid was never the site director.
I think when we first invited him to join the staff, he didn't know much about Warcraft.
As I recall it, he wasn't in charge of anything Hive, Starcraft, Warcraft, WoW or Diablo related.
I don't think he even knew how to mod Warcraft. And to start off with, he didn't even have Warcraft. Until Ralle bought him a computer that could actually run the game. He just took care of the community related issues. And he was very good at that, that's what we remember him for. He helped us enforce the rules that we made. Anything beyond that was me and Ralle pretty much. He was just the *face* of it all, since we were mostly workin' in the *back*.

I think I speak as the true *site director* when I tell you now: Yes, the HiveWorkshop will feature a Starcraft II section. We aim to make it as great as our current Warcraft. Although, both sections are still under construction. So please, be patient.

We tend to improve all the time.

Level 36
The true Site Director? Archian, I don't know who you're kidding: Wolve was running the entire site after you disappeared.

The whole thing. He did everything while Ralle worked on the Resource sections. EVERYTHING. We didn't have any other Admins, and we didn't need them.

Yes, and as the *true* Site Director you also promised a WoW section. That really panned out now didn't it?

I'm not trying to cut you up, I really like you actually, but you need to get off your high horse and deal with the fact that you were not here. The only reason you're still an Admin is because of Ralle's good grace when everyone else called for your removal due to your inactivity. As of the last little while, you've definitely stepped into your old job again, and I love it, but don't try and pretend that you've been here all along.

This is the most interesting thing that has happened in Site Discussion this entire month.

Off-topic or not, it also seems like an important matter to get out of the way and I see no reason to hide anything from the public with this, it's no big secret that you weren't around Archian, so if you got any good reasons as to why you were gone then I don't see why all of us shouldn't know it and not only Brad.

This is the most interesting thing that has happened in Site Discussion this entire month.

Off-topic or not, it also seems like an important matter to get out of the way and I see no reason to hide anything from the public with this, it's no big secret that you weren't around Archian, so if you got any good reasons as to why you were gone then I don't see why all of us shouldn't know it and not only Brad.

Seconded.

I still don't understand why people think Wolv was a site director...
Yes, he's a great guy who helped me and Ralle alot.

Wolverabid was never the site director.
I think when we first invited him to join the staff, he didn't know much about Warcraft.
As I recall it, he wasn't in charge of anything Hive, Starcraft, Warcraft, WoW or Diablo related.
I don't think he even knew how to mod Warcraft. And to start off with, he didn't even have Warcraft. Until Ralle bought him a computer that could actually run the game. He just took care of the community related issues. And he was very good at that, that's what we remember him for. He helped us enforce the rules that we made. Anything beyond that was me and Ralle pretty much. He was just the *face* of it all, since we were mostly workin' in the *back*.

I think I speak as the true *site director* when I tell you now: Yes, the HiveWorkshop will feature a Starcraft II section. We aim to make it as great as our current Warcraft. Although, both sections are still under construction. So please, be patient.

We tend to improve all the time.

Well he did have the title.

Speaking of the resource section... how many artists here will actually have the knowledge and tools to mod SC2?

Like 5 or 6. :p

WARNING! - This is getting off-topic.

Okay. You can close the thread now.

Level 15
Just to clear a few things up, from someone who has seen the proceedings of the administrator discussion forum...

Wolverabid spent a lot of time handling the community dealings themselves (contests, resources, chat, getting new moderators involved, hosted projects, personal discussions). He really was the face of Hive Workshop.

Archian has spent a lot more time on the development side of things, planning and designing new sections and site features with Ralle behind the scenes. Although he's had a time or two of low activity, a lot of his work happens without anyone being privy to all that he does. Additionally, he has kept us up to date on some significant announcements from Blizzard.

Honestly, both of them have contributed a lot, but their area's of expertise and interest are somewhat different. This shouldn't end up as an Archian vs. Wolverabid debate.

Level 7
I haven't really been here that long so i don't really know much about this site. (And occasionally post things in the wrong section.) But what happens when things get too off of topic? Is it deleted, or moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.