• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Will the Hive Workshop extend to Starcraft II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
The Hive has plans to fully support SCII when it is released. We have a forum for it for a reason.

Every major warcraft 3 fansite will either convert or die out. The only hope for WC3 is that the new SCUMEdit will suck, so everyone will continue to mod WC3. But I doubt it.

Once we get nearer to the SCII launch, we'll hear more about this.

Level 19
The Hive has plans to fully support SCII when it is released. We have a forum for it for a reason.

Every major warcraft 3 fansite will either convert or die out. The only hope for WC3 is that the new SCUMEdit will suck, so everyone will continue to mod WC3. But I doubt it.

Once we get nearer to the SCII launch, we'll hear more about this.

The wc3 editor will(guessing) seem pretty outdated compared to the new editor. If the Starcraft II editor will be a lot more advanced then the World Editor should be a stepping stone for those who aren't so skilled.

Level 15
Starcraft I even still has modifications going for it. I remember finding a list of some total conversions for it somewhere... but yeah, MODDB or something like that has PLENTY of Starcraft projects, more unfinished than not, but there are alot still going.

Status
Not open for further replies.