• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Share your Starcraft II experiences with The Hive Workshop community! – Replays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
My experience are that Banelings RULE they are the most awsome unit in SC history and here's a proff that I'm right.

Level 40
I can say you play nicely PurplePoot. Looks like you needed some ghosts that game on Metalopolis.
I had a few but I kind of gave up on them when I realized that the Zealots were killing me much more so than the Templar (fights didn't go that well even after I EMPed most or all of the templar). The thing that really hurt me was the misclick which meant my 5th wasn't mining for a few minutes, but I was kind of doomed by that point anyways since he had 2 more bases going up and I had to maintain a lead in bases to compete.

Level 10
Zerg rages after I 2 rax rush.. if you want to see it from pro side, watch IMNesTea vs Butterfly on LT map from gosugamers or sc2.replays.net. I must be hatin' Z as much as LaLush hates T.

2 rax pressure, move to 3-4rax + hellions, expand, then SCV all in, is my current TvZ.

The 2 rax leads well into more rax and the hellions, and basically I just contain from the VERY start, proxy some rax and the factory, and then expand, build up, and just about the time they can break the contain, I all in. Works decently well, I think that if I don't all in at the end of the contain, that it would land you in a REALLY bad position, but it hasn't failed for me yet. It ends at about hydra tech, and i keep constant pressure so they basically sit on roaches, spines, lings forever. By the time tech comes around, I back off, and all in.

If they break the contain early, I just move to a more standard game.

Edit: Added replay.

Attachments

• Contain into all in marine + scv.SC2Replay
    52.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 10
I was playing a 2vs2 and my friend and I just owned everyone 5 wins straight in a row. It was brilliant and fun.
2 vs 2 another time without my friend. I faced two players and my ally left -.-. And I fought and fought. Then They both left as they couldn't defeat my mass of marines and vikings. As they only spammed siegetanks and zerglings and hydralisks. But i was fully upgraded and kicked some arse. Anyway thats my experience with league :D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Here's a replay of me playing as Zerg in a 3vs3.
I had to constantly monitor the hatcheries and queens, so it wasn't as easy as you might think. I was also lucky several times, for example, when the enemy Zerg with Roaches failed to notice or simply ignored my expansion, or when the enemy Terran players took their while to make an advance with Marines.
Overall, I think I did averagely well, my only mistake was probably not expanding too much, though I had a high quantity of resources so I could have done better than I did.

I'd appreciate having feedback!

Last edited:
Level 14
44 Minute long 1v1, PvT with lots of different units. I am a pretty terrible player but i think it was okay.
Please ignore my whining in the replay.
Please give tips or whatever to help me get better.

Attachments

• PvT 44min.SC2Replay
    121 KB · Views: 111

Rui

Rui

Level 41
2v2 on "Tempest", P&Z vs P&T

I have to upload this one for great justice. It's a 2vs2 on "Tempest", I am playing Zerg, my ally is playing Protoss, and we're against an apparently arranged team, Terran and Protoss races.
I started out with a zergling rush that managed to take out a Pylon and a few Zealots as well as a Marine or two. The rest of the game we were always under pressure, my ally emoquit after his expansion got wiped out, I had to handle two players on my own, but due to the pressure I put early with Mutalisks, it was just the matter of waiting for the right moment and attacking.

Last edited:
Level 24
You want to know someting about getting beter in starcraft? It's called practice and if you want to win all you need to do is not to lose ;)

Level 10
Check mah APM?

Normal match, not even trying to get it that high, lolz

apm.png

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui(T)&WildPotato(Z)&dirtyharry(Z) VS Zlow(P)&MrLynch(P)&Franz(Z) on Dig Site

This was one of the few games in which I reached the end and said «gg». I don't often do that, because team games larger than 2vs2 usually suck. But this 3vs3 was quite fun, I'm going to research how to do videos and commentate this match because, I repeat, it was one of the few matches in which I actually had fun.
If someone knows how to do this, please tell me! It's much more comfortable to watch a video on YouTube than to turn SC2 on just to watch a replay. Blizzard should really plan a stand-alone replay program ;P
Early proxy and Bunker rushes paired with frequent pressure and some imba siege tank action on a top diamond (at least I am) game.

Last edited:
This was one of the few games in which I reached the end and said «gg». I don't often do that, because team games larger than 2vs2 usually suck. But this 3vs3 was quite fun, I'm going to research how to do videos and commentate this match because, I repeat, it was one of the few matches in which I actually had fun.
If someone knows how to do this, please tell me! It's much more comfortable to watch a video on YouTube than to turn SC2 on just to watch a replay. Blizzard should really plan a stand-alone replay program ;P
Early proxy and Bunker rushes paired with frequent pressure and some imba siege tank action on a top diamond (at least I am) game.

That was awesome :D
You eventually won because of your army and everyone else fought with their workers due to the lack of resources on the map.
Trolol blue ragequit

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Uploading a new replay that's been sitting in my hard drive for some time. This is an awesome Warp Prism in 4vs4 play and unit micro by me! I'm Master and my account is positioned #700 in the world, including North American and China servers^^

You've GOT to pay attention to that Colossus that I trained initially. He withstood complete shield loss twice after being in "the red" HP, but he survives until the end and accumulates over 40 kills. The Immortals also stood for quite a while, but I eventually forgot them and they ended up falling to Terran imbaness. Still, I was lucky with the allies I got (yellow and orange), these two were simply awesome.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'd love to share some of my replays, but I'm a bit shy of my skills. I play as a terran (no leagues, just for fun, mainly 2v2) and the biggest challenge I face is scouting. Whoever I'm against, I usually simply have no idea of opponent's units types, his movements and so on. Orbital center can scout well, but the energy is limited, and if I try to scout using my units or SCVs, they get killed halfway to the enemy base.
Yesterday I just lost a TvT match: I was doing well, had many siege tanks and, in a fair fight, would easily win. But what I didn't know is that my opponent was producing banshees (I spotted his starport, but thought he's going MMM and massed tanks for easy victory). All my tanks got smashed by out-of-nowhere banshees, so it was over.

Level 6
If his starport has a tech lab, he's going for banshees.

Unfortunately, the moment I spotted the starport, it hadn't tech lab. He must have built it right after that...

Also, I'm curious... For example, if I build a starport and build a tech lab for it, just to trick my opponent, can this work? He will spot tech lab and will be preparing for banshees, probably will build vikings or just many marines, and meanwhile I'll be building siege tanks and eventually take him out.

Level 6
I just had the hell of a game. Yes, I'm just beginning my way on the ladder and still in bronze, though my play really improved after watching lots of Day9 videos. Still I lack experience and make crude mistakes due to it.

I got raven rushed as a protoss and completely lost the game. I was way ahead, in units and workers as well as scouting, but then it was that lack of experience changed everything. First I attacked planetary fortress with my overwhelming army thinking that it will easily fall, so I lost a big chunk of my army to that - at least I destroyed that fortress. Second, he started sending ravens with turrets onto my 3 bases and completely ruined my economy. And, last, my remaining army was slaughtered by ravens' bombs.

I think my biggest mistake was a 'random' attack, when I just saw that he has not so many units and I have lots of them. After I easily took out his expansion, I should have gotten new expansions and keep my units on the base to prevent drops and raven harassment, also a few phoenixes would not harm. I totally had map control to that point because he made so many bunkers, planetary fortresses and other defensive staff that, essentially, all mobile units he had were almost entirely ravens that are bad as units generally. So I just had to take out his possible expansions and expand myself, and, after phoenixes brought me the sky as well, I would be totally dominating.
Looks like patience in SC2 is not the last skill you want to have!

http://drop.sc/278340

Level 6
I think you should've kept producing phoenixes\stalkers\anti-air units back at your base, even while you attacked him and such.

Yes, this sounds reasonable. I rallied all my units to the enemy base, I definitely should have left some back at the base or, at least, if I didn't, build some photon cannons.
Also, what I realized after reading some topics on the battle.net forums, high templars would just annihilate ravens in seconds. I guess, even though I completely failed the enemy base assault, if I had destroyed those ravens with templars, I would have been ahead on the economy, since he turtled so much that simply spent almost all of his resources on passive defenses. He didn't have any aggressive units, except for ravens and some banshees. That was clearly seen when I just went after his 3rd expansion and he simply couldn't do anything to defend it. So, if I had continued constant economy growth, while keeping him on his main base and natural expansion, he would have lost to attrition.

Level 1
So hard to win as toss rly? Watch replays. do the same composition, A move with Chargelots, Colossi, Stalker, Sentry, Templar - storm your enemy everywhere, gg Terran when as noobish as your opponent.

Level 6
So hard to win as toss rly? Watch replays. do the same composition, A move with Chargelots, Colossi, Stalker, Sentry, Templar - storm your enemy everywhere, gg Terran when as noobish as your opponent.

It sounds great, but it is really hard to pull it off if you have totally like 10 1v1 games, like me. I watch replays (Day9 mostly), study counter tables and so on, but without experience this all means not much.
From the time of that replay I became a bit better, now I won't assault planetary fortress with zealots+stalkers only for sure.

Level 6
Hi again guys.

I've just had a really epic game ended with stalemate (I didn't even think it was possible). We played 4v4 Monobattle and our opponents had no units able to shoot air. We got devastated on the ground, but my ally playing Terran lifted off some of his buildings so they couldn't be harmed, meaning we couldn't lose. I had some broodlords in my possession so, I thought, I would gradually destroy all enemy buildings and get us win. But Zerg opponent was not so stupid and started massing queens, though it was not his primary unit (unfortunately the Monobattle map allows it to be done, giving a Zerg effectively 2 units instead of 1). However the map allows to move building far from the ground so they can't be reached by queens. But my broodlords couldn't do their work either due to zillions of queens.
We tried to outmaneuver each other for more than an hour, but eventually all my broodlords were killed as the Zerg opponent has his creep spread around the whole map and his queens were much faster than my broodlords. Then it was tied and stalemate as a result: my opponent stopped mining to finish it finally and it triggered a stalemate.
The game lasted almost 2 hours!!!

http://drop.sc/282506

Status
Not open for further replies.