• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting SCII Replays for the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I know that SCII isn't exactly exciting to watch, nor is it any good, but I'm getting about 2% joy from hurling insults at Dustin Browder whilst describing game events in replays and finding alternate names for units (some of my jargon, notably butterlings and snow globes, is taken from IskatuMesk's casting - but some of it is new). As a result, I'm opening this up to the public: if you have a specific replay you want casted, be it something you took part in or just a match you think I'll rage over for years to come, drop a link below and I'll get to it when I can. If interest is sizable, I'll likely invest in a new computer so I can jump up to max graphics settings and better framerates.

I am not limiting the content of the casts/replays to 1v1s or mid-to-high-level play. I will cast any skill level and any player count and team allocation. This means that I will do everything from the standard 1v1 matches to hour-long eight-player FFAs. I have no time cap on my YouTube channel, so video length isn't an issue. Keep this in mind when requesting a replay. I would also appreciate it if you actually include a download link to the replay in question, as that tends to help the process move along a bit more swiftly. Yes, some people forget that.

I'll add casts to the thread as I post them to YouTube. If you have any feedback pertaining to the casting itself, do let me know. All casts are available in either 720-24p or 1080-24p HD at a 16;9 aspect ratio for you fullscreen junkies. Naturally, expect a good amount of quality to be dropped thanks to YouTube's terrible compressor.

Release notes can be found under each individual video. They are likely more detailed than the video description, which also may contain relevant notes. Each cast is sorted by type and in descending chronological order from newest to oldest.

-Released 22 January, 2013. Neither of these players are ranked in ladder. Features Sirius as Protoss against SanshuJuro as Terran. Microphone audio is superior to previous casts, though certain small bits here and there might be a little hard to hear.

-Released 18 January, 2013. Ranking on these players is unknown. Features MskiChakra as Zerg against AsGZealo as Terran. Microphone audio may be too quiet at certain points. This and the first cast do not have background music. I swear a bit less in this one than in the second one, but also miss a few things (e.g. Starport).

-Released 18 January, 2013. Ranking on these players is unknown. Features iMMaFia as Zerg against KsGuides as Protoss. Microphone audio may be too loud or too quiet at certain parts. This and the second cast do not have background music. I swear too much in this one and it's mostly annoying.

Upcoming/Requested Casts:
This is purely here for records, and to reduce the chance that people request the same replay multiple times. I may have already recorded the videos for these. Most videos are recorded early in the week and uploaded on Fridays.

Protostitute vs. DenLilleMand PvT on Entombed Valley
ShoWTimE vs. QnkǂGiantt PvZ on ESL Antiga Shipyard (dual cast with a friend, should be interesting)
IlIlIIlIIlIl ('barcode') vs. AcerBly TvZ on ESL Daybreak
LiquidSnute vs. FXOBabyK ZvP on Entombed Valley
Breath vs. NoLie PvZ on Entombed Valley
GEGTgaulzi vs. Exehn PvP on ESL Metropolis (this game is retarded)

Last edited:
Level 6
Your grammar leaves the meaning of your post ambiguous. Would you mind explaining what you meant? If you were asking me why people 'needed' casted replays, they don't. They don't need a forum for the discussion of the game, either. I thought it would be a nice thing to have if they wanted (repeat: not needed) to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.