• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Played Perfect Dark today doing the solo missions, also did a bunch of hard challenges as well. I don't have SSB anymore, nor do I have OoT, I lost both of them. D: I was never really a fan of Star Fox really. I also have Duke Nukem 3D, 007 Golden Eye, 007 The World Is Not Enough, and Mario Kart (Which is bad ass). I want to go get Hexen and Bomberman 64.

Level 17
I finally started my required English literary work, Frankenstein. An absolute masterpiece if I do say so myself.
Had dinner with my uncle and a couple of his japanese business partners.
I was going to change the flat on my truck but a sudden wave of laziness and melancholy took hold of me for a large portion of the day.

Level 6
Give me some Swine Flue, its an insta vacation...
Even though that's an insta-vacation but it's an insta-death

Stay at home cuz' all schools, cinemas, restaurant and stuff in Mongolia are all closed because of the goddamn H1A1 swine flu. 480 people are infected and 5 people died because of it.

Level 20
I know a lot of people who got the swine flu, and they all told me that the first couple days are shit, and after that you feel fine. WAIT, that sounds just like a regular flu.

Anyway, today I participated in a spaghetti bridge building competition at my cegep (it's sort of life first year university, but retarded quebecers decided to create a whole new system for no goddamn reason). The point was to make the most efficient bridge: mass supported/mass of the bridge, and the maximum mass of the bridge was 225 grams. The only things that could be used were spaghetti and carpenter's glue.

So I won first place, lol. My bridge weighed 174 grams and supported up to 14 kg, although the roadbed was the first thing to go and the structure itself was intact, so if I had planned it out better, I'm betting it could have gotten over 20 kg. One of the secondary support 'cables' actually broke when I was trying to fit the loading device inside my bridge. I actually won 150$ for building a fucking spaghetti bridge in two days time. Pic of instructors swarming around me after the roadbed fails and saying that the design is amazing, lol:
bridge-building-21.jpg

Pic of the bridge holding something like 11 kg at that point (the main line of weights is actually dangling all the way to the ground). You can see the broken cable from here:
bridge-building-20.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I've done nothing really, I made myself dinner when I woke up, then I watched a film, Taking Lives (2004), and just now had a voice-chat meeting. That's about it.

Level 6
Wake up. Sleep more. Wake up again. Sleep more. Wake up the third time, think about whether to sleep more or wake up.

Consider the opportunities I have for getting home; taxi, or walking.

Figure out I'll walk, get up, clean a bit to help out my friends, a sort of "thank you for letting me stay", silently sneak out of the living room, put on my coat and shoes, go outside, feel the cool fresh air on my face, and start walking.

Send sms to random people while walking back to the school, (which is where I live at the moment,) take a quick stop at a local gas station to buy a hamburger and some coke.

After 40 minutes of walking, I'm finally home, sit down in front of the TV, watch the second half of a movie about an irish kid that wants to dance ballet.(spelling?)

Talk to people that were with me yesterday, eat food.

Play Magic with some buddies, go to the grocery store, find out the grocery store isn't open on Sundays.

Have a man-to-man talk on the way back, take my laptop to the living room, sit down, NERD...

... And here I am.

Level 12
Give me some Swine Flue, its an insta vacation...

It would be a vacation through hospital if you say it's a vacation. But I prefer to call it a free day instead of vacation. And spending free day in hospital is not funny. I've experienced it. Of course if swine flue is that dangerous as they exaggerated.

I've been attempting to sucsessfully instal Linux to dual boot with Vista, but I still prefer Vista, since I get acually connect to the internet.

You could try running it on virtualization stuff. That way you can have linux running in a window in vista.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of linux though. :\

Level 4
Well, cause it's just 10am here, i'm going to talk about yesterday and today as well.
Yesterday I spent my whole day studing and checking if my posts have become visible.
Today I checked if my posts have become visible (not yet, bad luck) and I'm going to spend the whole day making a f'cking ADC driver work (why is it so difficult to write a decent universal driver, but just sticking to the minimum is so easy??, I would like a challenge that isn't easy neither blows my head).

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.