• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is your preferred language for developing Warcraft III maps? (2020 version)

What is your preferred language for developing Warcraft III maps?

• Jass

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • vJass

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • cJass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lua

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Zinc

• Wurst

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • vrJass/vrJass2

• C#

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • MoonScript

• Python

• TypeScript

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don't program maps directly. I just use the trigger GUI.

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I voted Lua and TypeScript.

Because Lua is what I made the switch to, and that it is so much better than Jass in virtually all circumstances.
Not even to mention the superior performance of the Lua Virtual Machine over Jass's...

I also voted TypeScript because I prefer strongly typed languages, and I'd like to switch to TS one day :)
(and also because the current available TypeScript transpiler actually transpiles to Lua and not Jass )

Level 12
Indeed, and I still remember back in the early 2000 when I started map making, I definitely was using GUI, and I was an IT student ^^

I only made the switch to Jass when I felt comfortable with GUI.

Level 12
I agree on the type safety.

Lua can be a nightmare if you don't pay extreme attention, but there is so much it can offer too, including a flexibility Jass (vJass is just decorated Jass) can never offer.

Also Lua Virtual Machine is so much more performant my map has had a new life since I converted it.

I could not go back to Jass even if I tried to.

Status
Not open for further replies.