1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What happens after death?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LordDz, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkIron Dwarf

DarkIron Dwarf

Resources:
    Resources:
    You got to have some good reason to want to live and get out of bed every day.

2. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    once you die, you turn into a god, and start making your own little universe

3. DarkIron Dwarf

DarkIron Dwarf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow that would be fun for a while tell you got bored. But it would be fun. (armies of elves wielding carrots lol)

4. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I could live(?) with that.

I believe in spirits and the other side. The other side could be another dimension or anything.

But the most logical part is that we simply die and disappear forever.

There will probably never be an answer to this, as dead men don't speak(yet?).

5. KingDedede

KingDedede

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont believe in life after death. Think of it this way. Your brain is rotting, your body ceases to function. What can you see? Nothing, your eyes dont work because your brain doesn't either. Can you think? No. Only one way to find out if theres life after death. (I think religion is an excuse for money, and power. Im sorry if I offended anybody.) Im afraid of death, sure. But it is going to happen eventually. So shrug it off 'til it happens, unless you cant shrug it off since your shoulder muscles rotted away.

6. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's nothing. absolutely nothing. Not any colour, not any kind of sounds not any kind of feeling or taste, it's just nothing.

7. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i think when you die, it will be like ripping out the power cord from your computer. the screen just goes blank. you see nothing, you feel nothing, you cant even comprehend the fact that you are dead or comprehend that you are feeling nothing.

8. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It hurts to try to imagine, that's for sure. It's like sleeping, only you never wake up. Mind raping, huh?

9. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    OH SMITE ME, OH MIGHTY SMITER!

When that is said, i belive in nothing but science, which states clearly: When your dead, and your body functions doesn't work, your dead. Get it.

Dead means dead, and dead means "You do not suddenly begin to move again, and your soul is not transfered to another body, you are neither going to be reborn, and you won't join heaven or hell"

10. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    heaven or hell you will go xD dunno im confuse...

11. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i rather go to hell than be a void

12. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would rather just be dead, and rot in some coffin.

Or have my flesh and bones burned.

13. Blackscar

Blackscar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats what i think will happen i sleep like this every day.

14. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Either that or logical and atheist...

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    People who are saying something WILL happen after death are just being naive.

You don't know, there will probably not happen that much.

I think people believe in things like afterlife etc. because they cannot imagne it all to end then, just like that. They don't want to believe it could just end with nothingness and so they believe there should be something behind it all otherwise it doesn't make sense to them.

Why not.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just tl;dr most of this, but I wanted to comment on some people saying Heaven would be boring for eternity.

First off you're with God, and have attained true happiness. There can't be anything better.

Second, you're thinking of eternity as time. The Catholic Church (like many others) teach that there is no such thing as time, outside this world. When you die, time does not exist.

17. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well that's a bit vague ...

How can you be there if time does not exist eh..

You must admit you can't imagne what it would be like being in a place which doesn't have time, i mean... wtf? =p

Seriously i think this true happiness things are just to cover up the ''You're dead, you won't come back here'' story. and people would like to believe that as a satisfaction.

18. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Proof that it doesn't? ;)

19. KingDedede

KingDedede

Resources:
    Resources:
    So true. I like the way you think. Id give you rep but Ive already given rep to you.

20. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Of course I can't imagine it, nor can I prove it, it's simply what I believe.

I think that some people refuse to believe in heaven, simply because it requires sacrifice to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.