• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What happens after death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
What do you think?

Some people think we reborn, but how does it then work with the newborns? (There's more people now than 2000 years ago).

Or are we sent up to whatever god you believe in? And spend all our time in that paradise.. Must be kind of boring after a while?

Or are everything going to be completely black, and we can't think?

And no, I aint gonna try it out to see, cause then I can't post it here.

Level 7
I always thought that like, our personalities split, morphed with someone else's personalities (say for example, 1 person has 3 personalities, thats 3 people right there!)...

Or I also think currently when you die you get put into a hole...

Level 2
So do I. But still, it all really comes down to how you interpret the "afterlife"... do you just remain in the blank? I'm sure there's more to it once you find out eventually.

Personally, I want to keep who I am when I ascend to this afterlife.

Level 25
I always thought that like, our personalities split, morphed with someone else's personalities (say for example, 1 person has 3 personalities, thats 3 people right there!)...

Or I also think currently when you die you get put into a hole...

So in like the stone age, people only had 1 personalty? :p
I mean, there was less people in that age.

And yes, skip out the talk about god. We all have different gods so..

Level 7
Who knows what happens after we die, maybe we get put in a hole, maybe were still here in our body, we just can't do anything for the rest of eternity, and maybe we just go to a paradise in our own minds where everything is good (For you at least.) and it is your reward for making it through life. Maybe all religions are right, and because of the time we spend worshiping our gods, we really are creating one with our own minds, and minds, and physical abilities, and we go to him after we die. Like i said who knows for sure? (Other than a dead man of course.)

Level 27
Yeah, euh people that believe in the afterlife. What the fuck, you have lived... you die.. start a new life... and if you believe in heaven or hell ... then you get to live there or something? How boring is that... living in heaven forever..

Yeah don't get me started on these kind of subjects everyone is against me.

I believe you will ''rest'' for eternity. You won't see anything, hear, feel. You can't imagne what it is like but you just rest.

Level 7
Well i suppose there is a little more to do in heaven then there is to do on the Earth, seeing how you are with god and all. But not everyone believes that, so lets not get into that kind of topic.

Level 13
While the thought of nothing after death scares me at the MOMENT, I still think it is the best choice. I mean the thought of hanging around in heaven for all eternity sounds nice, but when you think about it real carefully, the whole thought of eternity scares me. I mean it has to meet some kind of end at some point! It can't keep going on and on and on and on and on since after some time you have basically done everything possible.

In emptyness you don't feel, hear, see or taste anything as you're gone. Your whole mind/soul/essence/life force/ALIEN SUPAH SOUL is completely gone. I mean sure you won't exist anymore, but think about the time before your birth... It'll be exactly like that.

However, if a heaven DOES exist, then I believe that it's not how media portrays it, as in walking down Heaven avenue shaking hands with Elvis Presley and playing golf on Heaven Meadow with Marlon Brando. I rather believe that it's something similar to atheist view on death. However in this case your soul basically goes into heaven and is laid to rest. From here on it's like I explained above.

I under no circumstances believe in the existence of Hell. I just do not see how any being would have the right to put us into eternal torture, nor do I see how ANYONE would deserve such torture. In my opinnion nobody (yes NOBODY, not even Hitler) deserves eternal torture.

Level 7
a real cynical concept to tlak about if you ask me... heaven an hell is a christian beliefe. i am jewish were in the torah it says, well, we dont know what happenes after you die because, people tend not to die and come back :p and then it says you live on in the memories of others....but w/e

i dont believe in heaven and hell for obvious reasons. though i dont know what to believe because i simply dont care. you probably just dont exsist when the time comes....

Level 27
It can't keep going on and on and on and on and on since after some time you have basically done everything possible.
And then I am to assume nothing would be fun? Because nobody has ever done the same thing twice.
people tend not to die and come back
Or do they?

If you can grasp the concept of a consciousness, and do not believe it is somehow a mere physical process, then I think the most logical conclusion is reincarnation. We only know the thing known as the mind to exist inside a working human brain. After death, the logical conclusion is that it finds itself in the only place we know it to exist.

Level 7
Haven't posted in a long time so....

I believe in blank theory (A.K.A everything is black, no taste, no smell, no thinking...etc.)
It reminds me of coma, or some other state of unconsciousness. The person I knew that was in coma had comments like: I felt peace, I was floating in an endless space, I could not hear anything nor feel anything, just emptyness, and every second seemed like a century, but I didn't care. But I felt I was so close to feel even greater peace, and reach an even deeper state of sleep, but then I heard the doctor talking and I woke up. So what if he actually reached that state (that is probably died) would he just be in eternal emptyness dreaming.

P.S: I don't know s***t about coma, nor do I have time to read wikipedia so there could be some scientific facts that disprove me...
And also I don't believe that strongly in what I just said, in fact I bearly believe in it at all...

Level 7
Or do they?

If you can grasp the concept of a consciousness, and do not believe it is somehow a mere physical process, then I think the most logical conclusion is reincarnation. We only know the thing known as the mind to exist inside a working human brain. After death, the logical conclusion is that it finds itself in the only place we know it to exist.[/QUOTE]

well remember, biblical texts were written before any medical advances wer made, because its a fact people have been declared dead and have coem back to life from medical technology. to technically, people have, but they havnt actually seen the afterlife. if theres any at all.

Level 16
Hmmmm maybe in death we get are own little worlds to play god or something kinda like spore. But who knows unless some body is able to bring there computer with them to the other side we may never know!

Level 9
u dont see a blank piece of black paper, since thats not the common color for blank pieces of paper.

Please..

Blank simply means that there is nothing on it. It can be pink, black, white or shit colored.

There is no common. There is no un-common. The way we perceive things is retarded anyway. We assume things as common and un-common in relation to ourselves. We are self centered, selfish, ego maniacs.

At least i am.

Level 17
once you die, you turn into a god, and start making your own little universe

I could live(?) with that.

I believe in spirits and the other side. The other side could be another dimension or anything.

But the most logical part is that we simply die and disappear forever.

There will probably never be an answer to this, as dead men don't speak(yet?).

Level 7
I dont believe in life after death. Think of it this way. Your brain is rotting, your body ceases to function. What can you see? Nothing, your eyes dont work because your brain doesn't either. Can you think? No. Only one way to find out if theres life after death. (I think religion is an excuse for money, and power. Im sorry if I offended anybody.) Im afraid of death, sure. But it is going to happen eventually. So shrug it off 'til it happens, unless you cant shrug it off since your shoulder muscles rotted away.

Level 13
I've always wondered, what does, "blank" look like?

and what does "nothing" look like? Can't be black, can't be white... Can't even be purple...
It's nothing. absolutely nothing. Not any colour, not any kind of sounds not any kind of feeling or taste, it's just nothing.

Level 22
OH SMITE ME, OH MIGHTY SMITER!

When that is said, i belive in nothing but science, which states clearly: When your dead, and your body functions doesn't work, your dead. Get it.

Dead means dead, and dead means "You do not suddenly begin to move again, and your soul is not transfered to another body, you are neither going to be reborn, and you won't join heaven or hell"

Status
Not open for further replies.