• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Interesting Theory On Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
No religious talk in this, please. For the sake of the thread pretend god doesn't exsist.

Anyways.

Practically everyone on the planet has, at one time or another, wondered who made humanity, are we alone in the universe, and so on. Now, most of those said people either come to the conclusion we're a massive coincidence, a chance of luck, or that one super-duper being made us.

Why not another alien race making us? It's possible. Think of it this way. 100 years ago, we didn't have radio. 50 years ago, we didn't have TV. 20 years ago, we didn't have the internet. and 7 years ago, we didn't (god forbid) have iPods. Technology advances quite quickly. In fact, we can clone things right now.

So, for the sake of being realistic, lets say in...I dunno...2000 years we can make our own races? You know, like making a map in Wc3. It could even be done on a computer, with the various possible evolutions shown...

So why not another race making us? They could easily have powerful enough technology to "predict" different evolutions, and could have scattered a few differen't versions of us among the stars. Maybe we're the only ones that Evolved far enough.

Or...then again. Maybe not.

Level 34
Everyone is going to follow the same path as we did, we all evolute, like now we evolute by trying to fill a thread about Theories on Life. So, do we also have a ''Meaning of Life'' here? I would love to put a link of my favorite Monty Python - Meaning of Life movie but I bet people won't agree with that since it will become offtopic. So to me life is to being born, grow up, get laid (safely), become old, get kids (or not) and offcourse sooner or later die. Life is a trip, you never know what will happen, what's around the corner or what happens if you drive over that bump.

Level 4
Unless your insinuating that an alien race planted simple cells in the ancient past that eventually evolved into us, fossil records would prove this theory wrong I think. But its a pretty interesting idea, and oddly I thought of of a similar idea yesterday; what if we humnas were modeled by aliens, and evolution is completely false? But its so radical, it was just an interesting concept.

Btw, a galaxy could have been abundant with life, but the time (i.e. the year)the life exists in could be completely different, so it could be that when one cvilization is technologically advanced, all the others near it are in a primitive form, or destroyed themself with technology, or something like that.. Time is a huge factor to consider because of how broad it is, and we have estimated our Universe is half way through its life (yes its going to die out) , which is a very very long time since the begginging.. Obviously billions of years.

So what if planets like earth are incredibly rare to find, and perhaps when we do finally meet another civilization, they invade us for our resources out of desperation.. Also, what is the likley hood of other organisms developing like humans did, basically we evovled into what we are cause two continental plates colided, and a group of monkeys were stranded in a savanah enviorment afterwards. So perhaps even if there is other inteligent life, maybe they'll never develop hands like us or a complex communication system, because their enviorment will never require that of them.

So many factors to consider....Its impossible to know or even guess accuratley.

Last edited:
Level 9
Would be cool to contact the alien life forms who would have made us. Maybe they have iships.

They actually made alot of different races. But we are the master race...one race to rule them all!.

I'm in a very LotR mood right now.

To the question that "aliens will be so different from us, they probably will not view the universe in the same way..." it comes to down how much Earth actually influenced our evolution, and whether or not there aren't hundreds of Earths out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.